I have thailand pass, been vaccinated twice, plus booster, pcr tested before flight, pcr tested at ASQ+ hotel - Can my condo make me take another covid test?

ZebraGold

Does anyone know legally, morally can condo board, decide after the fact that I have thailand pass, been vaccinated twice, plus booster, pcr tested before flight, pcr tested at ASQ+ hotel - Can my condo make me take another covid test?  It is 6 days I have been back in condo and now they want another covid test.  Smells like politics.  I have not seen any bulletin posted about this regulation.  Seems like I am being singled out.  What recourse do I have?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Paulaew said:

With all due respect, I think it's fair to assume that you haven't had a PCR test with a swab shoved up your nose halfway to your brain. It's invasive and unpleasant and I wouldn't do it again unless it was really necessary. The OP has already had to endure it twice, despite all his vaccinations.

An antigen test is cheap and easy, with results in 15 minutes for all to see.

Paul Laew

It's not fair to assume that , I have had over 10 PCR tests (it's a work thing).

The first one was a shocker but after that I insisted on inserting the swab up my own nose.

Usually I am told 'can't do' but then when I refuse the test and tell them that I am walking away, they back down.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The harm is in the financial impact of being ‘forced’ to quarantine in a hospital or hospitel for about 2 weeks. 

Meanwhile, if he were to ’self test’ (ATK) at home and find himself positive he can self isolate for 2 weeks until he tests negative. 

Ultimately, someone at his condo is rather stupid and is being a bit of a ‘d!<k’ and doesn’t actually understand that having had a series of recent PCR tests he is at far less risk to others in the Condo than others in the Condo are to him.

This is just someone in a self perceived position of authority coming up with a policy without having the background knowledge to understand what they are doing. 

Fair point but if the poster has already had recent tests and is fully vaxed up, the chances of testing positive would be much slimmer.

• Sad 1

Tell them if they pay for it, you will agree to take the test at home in your condo.

You must be pretty confident of being clear after three shots and several tests already.

This way, you show willingness and don't have to pay.

Jumped up busybodies everywhere here.

• Like 2

Just another example of Thai wowserism in a different form, trying to pretend their lives are based on the best of safety concerns, the same mentality that has closed down tourism as soon as it was reopened through overreacting to a relatively mild if contagious virus variant. I would certainly not get the test. If the Thais on the board and in the condo are too stupid or blind to reality as to think another test on top of 2 already taken is necessary, just let them do their worst. Thailand is a country currently going nowhere fast.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

It's not fair to assume that , I have had over 10 PCR tests (it's a work thing).

The first one was a shocker but after that I insisted on inserting the swab up my own nose.

Usually I am told 'can't do' but then when I refuse the test and tell them that I am walking away, they back down.

My sentiment exactly @Bert got kinkymy first was a shocker all right with the swab inserted about 4 cms. After doing a bit of reading about the PCR test the swab should be inserted 1.5cms and no further. The Thai's think the deeper it is inserted the "better" the result?

Anyway I do my own now and as you do threaten to walk away if they wont comply until they test according to international guidelines 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

Fair point but if the poster has already had recent tests and is fully vaxed up, the chances of testing positive would be much slimmer.

I've read that vacination does not prevent you from getting Covid.  Chances of testing positive aren't lessoned by being vacinated or having a preveise test.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

I've read that vacination does not prevent you from getting Covid.  Chances of testing positive aren't lessoned by being vacinated or having a preveise test.

I've read that vacination does not prevent you from getting Covid.  

Care to share a credible source?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

1. Just say no.

2. Agree if every person in the condo has a test at the same time.

I'd go with 2. as I don't want to live in a building with any infected Thais.

1 - is it worth a police visit?

2 - OK, as long as you pay for all. In my case that would be about 2500 of them.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Bert got kinky said:

I've read that vacination does not prevent you from getting Covid.  

Care to share a credible source?

Well there was that story about the 'Hero doctor' double vaxxed and dead from COVID.

It was running on AN a couple of weeks back, but was also in all the UK MSM.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Well there was that story about the 'Hero doctor' double vaxxed and dead from COVID.

It was running on AN a couple of weeks back, but was also in all the UK MSM.

Once again cherry picking to misrepresent the fact the vaccines have prevented countless infections, serious illnesses, hospitalizations and deaths.

One has to wonder what you get out of your constant efforts to undermine the truth of how effective the vaccines are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Once again cherry picking to misrepresent the fact the vaccines have prevented countless infections, serious illnesses, hospitalizations and deaths.

One has to wonder what you get out of your constant efforts to undermine the truth of how effective the vaccines are.

Someone asked, and I answered.

If the vaccines work, and you've had them, no need for you to fear anyone else.

I'm trying to inject a bit of truth into others 'liberal new world order woke multicultural' agenda.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1