Anutin admits some foreign tourists will bring in Omicron - but says its no worse than other variants

webfact

6 hours ago, RandiRona said:

It's a reality, other than China or North Korea, no one can close themselves completely. I think focus should be to educate people about how to live with. Caution, Cure and Courage.

Bull get the police and military out of their bunks to patrol the borders

• Like 1

Before opening to foreigners vaccinated and with negative PCR, it would be necessary to wait until a large number of Europeans had the disease.

COVID kills in 30 days on average.

Unlike Delta when one in a family catches it, the whole family has Omicron.

New York's pediatric emergencies are overcrowded.

Only children under 5 years old are not vaccinated ... 

It may not be the old people and the most fragile obese this time ...

10 hours ago, RandiRona said:

It's a reality, other than China or North Korea, no one can close themselves completely. I think focus should be to educate people about how to live with. Caution, Cure and Courage.

In hindsight they should have focused on effective  treatment protocols in view if the fact that the vaccines have not lived up to expectations (to put it mildly). 

12 hours ago, mikebell said:

'Anutin admits some foreign tourists will bring in Omicron - but says its no worse than other variants' - he went on to say, 'What's all the fuss about this Covid thing. I've made my pile from the Chinese vaccine.  Open up the floodgates.'

In that case why he canceled test and go? 

Nobody will hardly come to Thailand now 

Every few days they had press conference 

Talking about the up number of applications for the test and go 

No press conference anymore a the number of people going to Thailand will drop dramatically 

• Like 1

Just remember that the Burmese and other Asian countries people are

also foreigners as well, so Anutin is not lying. It is just some of you posters

take what he says too personally.  Everyone should just hope that Omicron is

indeed a milder form of COVID and that if you catch it you will have enough protection from

your vaccines that you will not die, or be sick for too long.

That is my Happy New Year thoughts.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, charmonman said:

No, it is not just the flu. It is caused by a completely different virus which attacks the body in a different way than the flu virus. It has clearly been more deadly than the flu in the earlier stages of the pandemic. A flu vaccine will not protect you from Covid-19. Your statement is nonsense.

That being said, the increasingly dominant Omicron variant seems to be causing symptoms a lot like the common cold so it may be time to finally stop being afraid of it and start trying to live our lives a bit more freely again.

It varies widely by individual. I caught Delta in June from a local Thai. Very mild symptoms, didn't know I even had it (confirmed later with an antibody test). 

Can someone stop this pr1ck for good and replace him with a competent professional? His farang bashing is well known, most likely rooted in an inferiority complex of the finest order and is not helpful in any way. 
Thais and non-Thais alike are prone to such exposure to the flu, unless of course, Anutin and his cronies bribed the virus in such a way that it arrives only and exclusively on non-Thais as host. 

• Like 2