Omicron panic decimates Thai tourism "high season" - foreign tourists cancel, events scrapped, flights stopped, insurance woes

webfact

37 minutes ago, ebean001 said:

The high speed train to China from Chiang Mai to be completed 2017. Ooops, that did not happen but China now has a train to Laos. my question is this...China has almost 30,000 klms of track. If Thailand had connect with China, it would have been connected to nearly all people in China...including ex-pats. What would Thailand be like today?  

And more importantly what does it have to do with the topic of Covid in Thailand? Bearing in mind Chinese cannot travel out of the country atm

2 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

That concert in Phuket is going to be empty even if any tourists were able to come.

I like Bocelli but I can't imagine many Thais flocking to that.

I can see Pryutt and his cronies listening to it on an old RCA Gramaphone sipping tea in their subsidized military mansions.

Thais want to drink,dance to Thai music, and have fun.

Screenshot_20211229-113147.jpg

Like it.

What a vivid imagination you've got especially picking an old wind up with a digital display.

Come to think of it maybe Mother Nature is giving humanity nothing more than a big windup.

• Haha 1

I'm planning next month to go with the gf to the farm near Khon Kaen where she has to attend to some government paperwork. I hope when I finally test positive it will be there. I'll isolate in her room, the only place for miles around with air con, and pull an "Israeli" if the authorities come attempting to drag me kicking and screaming to a hospital.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I believe Thailand is already in the 10's of thousands per day with Omicron, and the government is keeping it quiet because they don't want to have to put in restrictions again, economy being on the brink, and the hospitals being flooded by their Citizens who will run there at the first wiff if they know they have Covid, regardless if it's Omicron, a milder variant with cold/flu like symptoms, doesn't change a thing for them as the media and government has created a monster with their fear campaigns with Delta. 

Just hope they don't shut domestic travel down again as they did back in April as that will twice that I will have to let the kids down, albeit I have prepared them for the worst, still doesn't make it right.

Let it rip, I say, those vaccinated will have a good fighting chance, those who chose not to get vaccinated, whatever.

Any proof that the hospitals are flooded?

• Like 2