How to get vaccinations from abroad and Thailand into Mor Prom app?

Klonko

I got my 2nd  Moderna shot on July 30, 2021 back in Switzerland. I plan to get a booster shot in Thailand in January and possibly a second booster in Switzerland in July. How do I bring the vaccinations into the app? I have the Swiss certificate (EC compatible) and the yellow International Certificate of Vaccination for the initial vaccination.

May we ask why you feel the need to import foreign vaccination records into Mor Prom? Is there some benefit?

Mor Prom is a cool app. and it reflects my vaccination history in thailand accurately. That said, I've never had to use it to prove my vaccination history. And many, many, many people have reported success using foreign vaccination paperwork to overcome entry requirements/restrictions.

AFAIK, the Mor Prom app is administered by the Ministry of Public Health, so maybe contact them?

May we ask why you feel the need to import foreign vaccination records into Mor Prom? Is there some benefit?

I need a certificate with full vaccination history in Europe. Adding a Thai booster to the Swiss app may be more difficult than the other way round. Bureaucracy can be more difficult in Switzerland than in Thailand e.g. , my wife is not allowed to spend more than 90:days per half year in Switzerland/Europe for vacation purposes. 

The other way round. Possible in europe, not possible in thailand. 

I was offered to transfer thai vax into eu database, when i did my booster, but they require certified translation, even thai certificate is in english. I have declined, saves me time and 20-30 euro. 

Also that way i will have another booster for free in a few weeks tome, no questions asked and no red tape. 

For thai booster i bought moderna second generation, coming till july

This question is coming up time and again. I wish somebody could give a definitive answer. What does the MoPH here say? Thousands of foreigners normally resident here will have had a jab in their home countries. Is it a case of carrying multiple certificates around the world wherever you go? I can understand the difficulty of accepting overseas certification, at either end. I believe the yellow Vax passport here is accepted in over 60 countries. I think it's a reciprocal arrangement.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bradiston said:

This question is coming up time and again. I wish somebody could give a definitive answer. What does the MoPH here say? 

They say it is not possible, I posted a copy of the email they sent me just a couple of days ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bradiston said:

Is it a case of carrying multiple certificates around the world wherever you go?

You're talking about one piece of paper? Two? Three? Oh the horror.

Just staple them in your handy dandy 

3 hours ago, bradiston said:

yellow Vax passport

Easy peasey.

I had my two AstraZeneca vaccinations in Australia and my booster Moderna vaccination at Bumrungrad on Monday. I was not given a Yellow Vaccination Book and know nothing about it. They did give me a small Vaccination Certificate but when I checked the fine print at home it had the wrong passport number, the wrong date of birth (19th instead of 18th) and I have no idea where they cooked up the ID number. I have a pink ID card issued in Thailand but the number doesn't correspond with anything. 

5 hours ago, Klonko said:

I need a certificate with full vaccination history in Europe. Adding a Thai booster to the Swiss app may be more difficult than the other way round. Bureaucracy can be more difficult in Switzerland than in Thailand e.g. , my wife is not allowed to spend more than 90:days per half year in Switzerland/Europe for vacation purposes. 

Why do you need it on an app? Don't you have a paper certificate detailing your vaccination (date, type etc)? Does Switzerland give that when you are vaccinated there, as you should also receive when vaccinated in Thailand. That's what I have and I've yet to read of paper verification being refused or not working.

My wife and I who are both US citizens were asked for proof of vaccination before boarding a flight from Bangkok to Phuket today. My booster which I got 3 weeks ago in Bangkok was saved in the Mor Phrom app. We did bring our little paper cards with the first two vaccines from America. They wanted to see those and the third one in the app, though if I hadn't mentioned it they might have been satisfied with just the cards from America. We received no heads up this would be required and it was only asked for right before boarding the plane. If we didn't have the little certificates from America with us I'm not sure what would have happened though I do have a copy saved in my phone

Most of the other passengers were Thai and they were not asked for proof of vaccination. I can see some logic to that since it's a scientific fact that only dirty farangs can transmit covid to Thais and not the other way around

The whole thing was redundant since neither of us could have gotten in the country without proof of vaccination in the first place.

Sometimes seems like they are just throwing stones in the dark as far as fighting covid here and in the rest of the world.

That said the covid precautions in Phuket have been extremely relaxed. 

Edited by wasabi

3 minutes ago, wasabi said:

We received no heads up this would be required

Sorry, but that's on you.

Proof of vaccination is required for domestic flights.

For those vaccinated outside of thailand just use whatever vaccination records you used to enter the country  - ASQ/AQ/ALQ/SPQR/Test&Go/Box of Sand. If you got a booster here hold that in hand, no need to confuse staff.

2 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Sorry, but that's on you.

Proof of vaccination is required for domestic flights.

There is surely an announcement about it somewhere but I didn't see it noted anywhere in our boarding requirements or in any recent news I read. Though ignorance of the law is not an excuse to break the law so yes, on us.

7 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

May we ask why you feel the need to import foreign vaccination records into Mor Prom? Is there some benefit?

It's nice to have a digital record on your phone.

You always carry your phone.  

In the future you'll need proof of vaccination to do most anything.

Also its nice to use probably the only app made in Thailand that actually works.

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Like 1

Why do you need it on an app? Don't you have a paper certificate detailing your vaccination (date, type etc)?

In Europe, venues such as restaurants may ask for the certificate on an app. I have all the papers but not translated into all the languages spoken in the countries I am travelling. Imagine you would have to prove vaccination in Isaan with  certificates in English.

18 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

It's nice to have a digital record on your phone.

You always carry your phone.  

In the future you'll need proof of vaccination to do most anything.

So taking a picture of a vaccination document doesn't meet your digital, portability and "proof" requirements?

And what about the fixation some folks have for the paper yellow vaccination booklet?

7 minutes ago, Klonko said:

In Europe, venues such as restaurants may ask for the certificate on an app.

Really. Everyone? Tourists from anywhere in the world need the app? How did they gain entry to that country?

That said, this may be why the thai government created the EU-accepted Digital Vaccine cert within Mor Prom?

9 minutes ago, Klonko said:

I have all the papers but not translated into all the languages spoken in the countries I am travelling.

Again, how did you gain access to all these counties? With an original vaccination document?

10 minutes ago, Klonko said:

Imagine you would have to prove vaccination in Isaan with  certificates in English.

Well yes, of course, why not. You used them to gain access to Thailand, right? When the authorities ask for your passport it's in English and your native language. Is that a problem?

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, wasabi said:

Here is a little more information about domestic Phuket entry requirements. Proof of vaccine as one of the methods is clearly noted. I looked for information like this before and didn't see it but nevertheless good to know.

Screening Measures for Domestic Travel to enter Phuket – Royal Vacation (royalvacationdmc.com)

IMO, some domestic airlines here are less than upfront with the requirements. They don't want to discourage bookings with fears of paperwork, or an IDB. And in reality, no one organization takes responsibility for enforcing the various COVID "rules" (Communicable Disease Act + Amendment, COVID Emergency Decree). So the airlines push this to the Provincial Health Administration, and then enforce those fluid requirements at boarding.

Bangkok Airways...

Bangkok Airways strongly recommends you to check the up-to-date announcement or order issued by the local / municipal authorities of both your departure and destination point to ensure that requirements under such restrictive measures are met (including COVID-19 testing and vaccination documentation requirements), especially when it is close to the travelling date as the announcement or order may be reissued any time between the booking date and the travelling date.

And then they link to this page:

https://www.moicovid.com/ข้อมูลสำคัญ-จังหวัด/

34 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

And what about the fixation some folks have for the paper yellow vaccination booklet?

Thats the one recognized for travel to the EU.

Are you still using the one they give you as you walk out after the second vaccine?

You are supposed to either get the yellow book or the App.

You'll need one of them to travel by plane or bus.

Get with the program.

Being lazy might set you back if theres an emergency and you need to travel.

Edited by MrJ2U

33 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

So taking a picture of a vaccination document doesn't meet your digital, portability and "proof" requirements?

That would be like taking a picture of your passport and using that as proof to travel. 

The apps is linked to a data base.

Edited by MrJ2U

37 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Really. Everyone?

Everyone traveling needs the yellow book or App.

You'll also need that for your booster.

You don't have to get it if you plan on just muddling around in your village for the rest of your life.

I just saw this from the PR Thai Government FB page...

https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/posts/4977915978898443

PR Thai Government

Information for foreigners in Thailand who would like to apply for a vaccine passport or would like to request a 13-digit number to apply for the e-vaccine passport in the MorPhromt application:

Kindly contact the Division of Communicable Diseases:
096-190-9462.

The service will be available at Bangrak Building (15th floor), Sathorn Tai Road, Sathorn, Bangkok. The location will be open on Monday to Saturday, except public holidays, from 09.00-15.00 hr.

It is only for those who have made an appointment through the MorPromt application (walk-ins not allowed).

Authorization may not exceed 5 persons at one time.

morpom.jpg

2 hours ago, LoudHailer said:

I had my two AstraZeneca vaccinations in Australia and my booster Moderna vaccination at Bumrungrad on Monday. I was not given a Yellow Vaccination Book and know nothing about it. They did give me a small Vaccination Certificate but when I checked the fine print at home it had the wrong passport number, the wrong date of birth (19th instead of 18th) and I have no idea where they cooked up the ID number. I have a pink ID card issued in Thailand but the number doesn't correspond with anything. 

Never fear, all is as it should be.

1. Always check docs before leaving the building.

2. Return to BRG and ask them to correct your vaccine certificate details.

3. The 13 digit ID number is generated by the vax registration system, for use by foreigners. It starts 60000 right?

4. You can get a yellow vax passport quite easily. Ask at BRG, or Google it. Not sure where in Bangkok, I'm in Pattaya.

In Italy and France, you need to show the QR-Code to get access to restaurants.  Swiss and  Thai app are both accepted. People have been refused without app/QR-code because business owners do not want to verify vaccination/tests in detail. Different from airports where  personell is more familiar with the documents.

14 minutes ago, bradiston said:

4. You can get a yellow vax passport quite easily. Ask at BRG, or Google it. Not sure where in Bangkok, I'm in Pattaya.

You can request a paper yellow vaccine booklet from within the Mor Prom App. (International certificate button).

Or you can apply for (what we're told is) an EU-linked digital e-certificate, from within the Mor Prom app. That's what I did. It displays a QR code which provides a URL link to the MoPH DB showing my vaccination history/status (in English). It looks almost exactly like the other MoPH paper vaccination records, which are available from within this app.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Klonko said:

In Italy and France, you need to show the QR-Code to get access to restaurants.  Swiss and  Thai app are both accepted. People have been refused without app/QR-code because business owners do not want to verify vaccination/tests in detail. Different from airports where  personell is more familiar with the documents.

Can you show two QR codes at these restaurants? Show the Swiss QR code for the vaccines administered in Switzerland, and the Thai QR code for the booster administered in thailand? Do these restaurant require proof of a booster?

Or maybe get Swiss health officials to add your thai booster to their records.

Ugh, or maybe cook at home?

AFAIK the QR-code is checked  resulting in a green or red light. Going forward, this will require documentation of all 3+ shots in one app. I usually only go to restaurants while traveling. At home we cook ourselves because my wife prefers  my cooking to restaurants.

22 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

IMO, some domestic airlines here are less than upfront with the requirements. They don't want to discourage bookings with fears of paperwork, or an IDB. And in reality, no one organization takes responsibility for enforcing the various COVID "rules" (Communicable Disease Act + Amendment, COVID Emergency Decree). So the airlines push this to the Provincial Health Administration, and then enforce those fluid requirements at boarding.

Bangkok Airways...

Bangkok Airways strongly recommends you to check the up-to-date announcement or order issued by the local / municipal authorities of both your departure and destination point to ensure that requirements under such restrictive measures are met (including COVID-19 testing and vaccination documentation requirements), especially when it is close to the travelling date as the announcement or order may be reissued any time between the booking date and the travelling date.

And then they link to this page:

https://www.moicovid.com/ข้อมูลสำคัญ-จังหวัด/

I caught the Koh Chang ferry yesterday and I think it was the police checking that everyone was vaccinated. Checked again at the hotel.

On 12/30/2021 at 7:44 PM, bradiston said:

Never fear, all is as it should be.

1. Always check docs before leaving the building.

2. Return to BRG and ask them to correct your vaccine certificate details.

3. The 13 digit ID number is generated by the vax registration system, for use by foreigners. It starts 60000 right?

did you receive any SMS with any code  or proof of vaccination ?