Thai ladies’ morality- I have no idea what they are thinking

Danderman123

3 minutes ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Hehe. I've got a good story to throw into the mix.

Out in the Issan sticks, a farang might eventually be introduced to a Thai man through another farang. Hey, I know this really cool guy, he wants to practice English, or watch football together, while we all drink, or something.

You all go to his pad. You weren't told his wife would be there. She sits and drinks with everyone but otherwise doesn't do much. You begin to wonder what her purpose is there. She is rather sexily dressed, tight dresses and short skirts. You begin wondering if something is on offer, though not explicitly made. Hmm.

After a few of these visits, the farang tells the other farang, don't you like his wife? Uh yeah, sure. Well, don't you want to do the deed? What? With him right there? Sure, that's what he wants. Uhh...how much? NOTHING! Whaaaaat?

Haha. I've heard this story on multiple occasions. What's happening is: 1) Guy is really gay, which his fam doesn't approve of, and needed a marriage of convenience. The lady has her needs. 2) Guy's downstairs is no longer functional. He needs someone to take care of her. Though no longer downstairs, he's still getting joillies out of this upstairs. One of the many such jollies of Amazing Thailand.

Vouyerism is only practiced in Thailand,  lol, did some of you guys ever have lives in your own countries ?

Sex is supposed to be fun right or we wouldn't do it, yet when adult people engage in sex with another or other consenting Adults, people think it's odd.

Sounds like the OP is holding on to a 2000 year old religious based view of morality, not much place for projecting minority views onto others  if they do no harm in this repect.

That said I still see some hazy interpretations of right and wrong which do cause harm, for example if you take money from your partners account, its still actually stealing.

On this topic though Cyndi Lauper had the right idea. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

But it seems lots of girls work in bars for some time and then they stop and have a "normal" life. It's also not unusual for girls at universities to make some extra money while they study. Will there be any phycological damage?

Possibly it's different in Thailand as people don't really approach sex and relationships in the same way we do in Western countries.  It's much more utilitarian (or perhaps mercenary?).  So a Thai prostitute in Thailand can leave prostitution behind and pursue a normal Thai relationship, perhaps.

Then again, the way girls/women are treated in Thailand, I think it's possible to say that many of them already have the damage built in.  "Having a daughter is like having a toilet in your front garden", and so on.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

After a few of these visits, the farang tells the other farang, don't you like his wife?

So weird to experience a culture where people think it's acceptable (or even expected) to tell someone you would like to have sex with their wife.  Which speaks volumes about the difference in morality and attitudes to sex and relationships in Thailand.

57 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

I guess it's something like "This easy and sometimes fun activity, which is incredibly common and normal here, gets me pretty much free money (an incredibly important and almost fetishised thing to me) and, due to my culture, there are no negative consequences".

Nonsense, you are mixing hookers culture with Thai culture. Should try to meet some Thai people other than ones in the sex industry.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

So weird to experience a culture where people think it's acceptable (or even expected) to tell someone you would like to have sex with their wife.  Which speaks volumes about the difference in morality and attitudes to sex and relationships in Thailand.

You think Vouyerism is only practiced in Thailand ?

1 minute ago, FritsSikkink said:

Nonsense, you are mixing hookers culture with Thai culture. Should try to meet some Thai people other than ones in the sex industry.

It's still way more acceptable in Thailand.  You can adjust that to "within my community or social group" if that makes it more applicable for you, but there are way more people getting paid for sex than full-time or part-time semi-pros.  I don't associate with anyone in the sex industry, but I've still heard about uni students selling sex, sugar daddies, giks, mia nois, and so on.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Sex is a bit of lighthearted entertainment with the chance to earn some cash.

Asian women understand this, white guys mostly don't.

I don't think everyone sees it like that.  I think it's OK to have a different perspective and to desire to have a relationship with someone who thinks the same.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

I don't think everyone sees it like that.  I think it's OK to have a different perspective and to desire to have a relationship with someone who thinks the same.

Obviously, your woman is different.

Never previously sold it, and is only with you for your youthful good looks and amazing personality.

Doesn't work for guys like me that are ugly, old and boring.

I'm OK with taking what I can get.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Isaanlife said:

Do you have any facts to back up the COVID economy has driven a lot of married women into freelance prostitution?

i don't know about the married bit, but on lower Sukhumvit I have never seen so many old guys in their fifties+ with women in their 20's since before 2005 when the "Girlfriend experience" seemingly stopped. Not all of them appear to be bargirls. Women are very pragmatic everywhere.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mokwit said:

i don't know about the married bit, but on lower Sukhumvit I have never seen so many old guys in their fifties+ with women in their 20's since before 2005 when the "Girlfriend experience" seemingly stopped. Not all of them appear to be bargirls. Women are very pragmatic everywhere.

What do you mean "bargirls"?

Of course a 50 year old man in that area with a 20 year old woman is a monger. 

7 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

It's still way more acceptable in Thailand.  You can adjust that to "within my community or social group" if that makes it more applicable for you, but there are way more people getting paid for sex than full-time or part-time semi-pros.  I don't associate with anyone in the sex industry, but I've still heard about uni students selling sex, sugar daddies, giks, mia nois, and so on.

More acceptable than where? Prostitution is officially forbidden while in the Netherlands it is legal.

Uni students doesn't need to mean anything, there is a big university where anyone can study without any entrance test.

Just now, Neeranam said:

What do you mean "bargirls"?

Of course a 50 year old man in that area with a 20 year old woman is a monger. 

No. It seems to be a relationship, albeit a new one. I would guess a lot of older men are looking for genuine relationships, but might find the relationship is not what they hoped/expected.

17 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

More acceptable than where? Prostitution is officially forbidden while in the Netherlands it is legal.

More acceptable than the culture I come from, and I believe many others.  Also, being forbidden by law has nothing to do with how accepted something is by society at large.  Someone from the Netherlands might look down on a prostitute more than someone from Thailand.

17 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Uni students doesn't need to mean anything, there is a big university where anyone can study without any entrance test.

It means girls of 18-24 having sex with men for money while attending university.  That's not exactly the relevant bit though, is it?  The point is, you don't need to be hanging out with sex workers to hear how common pay for play is in Thailand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Out in the Issan sticks, a farang might eventually be introduced to a Thai man through another farang. Hey, I know this really cool guy, he wants to practice English, or watch football together, while we all drink, or something.

You all go to his pad. You weren't told his wife would be there. She sits and drinks with everyone but otherwise doesn't do much. You begin to wonder what her purpose is there. She is rather sexily dressed, tight dresses and short skirts. You begin wondering if something is on offer, though not explicitly made. Hmm.

After a few of these visits, the farang tells the other farang, don't you like his wife? Uh yeah, sure. Well, don't you want to do the deed? What? With him right there? Sure, that's what he wants. Uhh...how much? NOTHING! Whaaaaat?

Haha. I've heard this story on multiple occasions. What's happening is:

1) Guy is really gay, which his fam doesn't approve of, and needed a marriage of convenience. The lady has her needs.

2) Guy's downstairs is no longer functional. He needs someone to take care of her. Though no longer downstairs, he's still getting jollies out of this upstairs. One of the many such jollies of Amazing Thailand.

There is a couple down the road from me that fits this description. I think the guy may have realized he was gay years after he got married. Anyway, instead of trying to hook me up with his wife, every time I go to their noodle shop, he's wiggling his eyebrows, winking, blowing air kisses, and asking me when I'm going to come with him "to inspect the manoic." What am I doing wrong?

• Haha 2

To each his own.

Some of us are just starting to figure this thing out when many others have dabbled in their home Countries.

Do you research before you expose yourself.

You might even be a cuck yourself, you just don’t know it yet or the laugh is on you.

Some of use you have learned of human desire from an early age and will understand it is best to go with the flow than against it, others think the world revolve around them.

16 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

The point is, you don't need to be hanging out with sex workers to hear how common pay for play is in Thailand.

And Japan, and China, and USA and and and and and.............how old are you and how long have you lived in Thailand ?

Edited by Broken Record
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Haha. I've heard this story on multiple occasions. What's happening is:

1) Guy is really gay, which his fam doesn't approve of, and needed a marriage of convenience. The lady has her needs.

2) Guy's downstairs is no longer functional. He needs someone to take care of her. Though no longer downstairs, he's still getting jollies out of this upstairs. One of the many such jollies of Amazing Thailand.

BS!

• Thanks 1