Thai ladies’ morality- I have no idea what they are thinking

Danderman123

5 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

There is a couple down the road from me that fits this description. I think the guy may have realized he was gay years after he got married. Anyway, instead of trying to hook me up with his wife, every time I go to their noodle shop, he's wiggling his eyebrows, winking, blowing air kisses, and asking me when I'm going to come with him "to inspect the manoic." What am I doing wrong?

Hmmm when you do inspect it, try not to bend over with him behind you.... :cheesy::cheesy:

Just now, Neeranam said:

What 20 year old Thai woman wants a 50 year old foreigner. Thais don't like foreigners. 

Fat, white and lazy is status and sex symbols for poorer uneductated people. Always been like that.

Those who can allow themselves to eat enough and sit all day, have to be rich and good caretakers ???? White is symbol for not have to work outside in the sun!

nobrainer

Back when the world was normal a friend of mine would drag me to Walking Street and we'd sit in an outside bar on the corner of Soi Diamond. 

Between 7pm and 8:30pm it was common to see many husbands/boyfriends (often with a kid on the scooter as well)  dropping off the wives/girlfriends to go dance in the gogo bars. I know they were dancers and not service staff because my <deleted> of a friend would also drag me reluctantly to the bars,

I mean, could have been their brothers.....but doubtful.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Jesus...    There's a country in which women are not a commodity in the context of your post, i.e. prostitution?

There are plenty of countries where women feel no pressure from their families to enter sex work and where families do not view their daughters as a revenue stream.  Whether that is some sort of great moral enlightenment, or merely the fact that they are rich enough to not require it and that changed people's view of women, is another conversation.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

There are plenty of countries where women feel no pressure from their families to enter sex work and where families do not view their daughters as a revenue stream.  Whether that is some sort of great moral enlightenment, or merely the fact that they are rich enough to not require it and that changed people's view of women, is another conversation.

You ain't in Switzerland where the poor are looked after, here in Thailand things are a little different.

BangkokReady ?

You sure about that ?

No disrespect, but you don't appear to have a <deleted> clue about the real world where poor people struggle to survive with no help from Governments if they fall on hard times, they do whatever to survive, just like they did in your own country before the State Taxed the <deleted> out of everything to be able to look after the unfortunates in society.

Edited by Broken Record
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Broken Record said:

You ain't in Switzerland where the poor are looked after, here in Thailand things are a little different.

BangkokReady ?

You sure about that ?

No disrespect, but you don't appear to have a <deleted> clue about the real world where poor people struggle to survive with no help from Governments if they fall on hard times, they do whatever to survive, just like they did in your own country before the State Taxed the <deleted> out of everything to be able to look after the unfortunates in society.

I'm struggling to see how this comment disagrees with what I have written.  The person I responded to claimed that all countries commodify women in the same way when it comes to prostitution.  This is not true, in my opinion.  You seem to agree with me.  What point are you making?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

That's just what fat, lazy people say.

True for white Thais, but not foreigners.

I reckon you are in the came here young many years ago category and never left, like myself, you have a very similar attitude to my way of of thinking, I came here in 1990 and was 35, and I stayed.

So the way I look at things here is completely different to a guy that came here in his 60's or 70's.

I have no idea, but you do have a good understanding of Thailand as opposed to many on here who don't appear to have a clue.

You have seen many different aspects of Thailand through actually living it, not reading about it, by experience, I could be totally wrong though, but that's how you come across.

Happy New Year. 

Edited by Broken Record
  • Thanks 1

Maybe 'your friend' has a fetish about married women and husbands, 'my friend' told me there are plenty of young single Thai girls on Thai friendly who can turn up under their own steam.

Each to their own I guess.

Edited by sungod
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BangkokReady said:

I'm struggling to see how this comment disagrees with what I have written.  The person I responded to claimed that all countries commodify women in the same way when it comes to prostitution.  This is not true, in my opinion.  You seem to agree with me.  What point are you making?

Kratom in the coffee, I don't know what I'm typing about, but it seems to make sense to me ????

Nothing personal, Happy New Year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sungod said:

'my friend' told me there are plenty of young single Thai girls on Thai friendly who can turn up under their own steam.

Exactly, 'My Friend' claims to have had a 3some yesterday with 2 such people from that very site, they arrived on a Vespa one of the girls owns.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:
33 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Jesus...    There's a country in which women are not a commodity in the context of your post, i.e. prostitution?

There are plenty of countries where women feel no pressure from their families to enter sex work and where families do not view their daughters as a revenue stream. 

There are millions of women in Thailand who do not feel that pressure also, just like women in those other countries!  Neither do millions of families feel that pressure to pimp their children. 

It's an insult and a slur to suggest that it is considered normal practice for Thai families to be unconcerned that they condone their children prostituting themselves to benefit the family as a generality.      

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I came in 1992, aged 27.

It's amazing the older guys who belive the <deleted> told to them, like farang are better in bed, have bigger member, Thai men cheat, etc. In reality, they are just after money and rich Thai men would NEVER dream of marrying a dark-skinned Buriram Noi..

These girls only hope is a naive, older farang, who thinks dark skin is exotic.  

Yup, I had some Old guy telling me all about Thailand, the people, the women situation, the horrors of driving here and not to do it, he was telling this as a 73 year old who had lived here for 3 years, of course he didn't know I had been here 30 years, I just let him carry on until he had exhausted every put down of Thailand and Thai people ha had in his repertoire, then I dropped the bombshell, he said no more about the subject, I sympathize with him and understand where he himself is coming from, but we looked at Thailand completely different, cos his experience started as an old man, mine didn't so I'm not bitter and twisted. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

I think there will be some phycological damage though.  I can't imagine that an ex-prostitute or even a previously promiscuous woman will be able to have the same kind of relationships as one who is serially monogamous.

Many of us think there is a sort of sliding scale of damage.

Up to 150 men, no big deal. 150-500 men she is experienced, but will be fine.

500-1000 men is approaching the point where there might be some damage.

1000-2000 men, and there is likely to be long term bitterness towards men. 2000 men and over is (ATW) what we refer to as around the world. Little chance of being able to engage emotionally in a healthy manner, ever again. There are likely exceptions. But not many.

45 minutes ago, Gsxrnz said:

Back when the world was normal a friend of mine would drag me to Walking Street and we'd sit in an outside bar on the corner of Soi Diamond. 

Between 7pm and 8:30pm it was common to see many husbands/boyfriends (often with a kid on the scooter as well)  dropping off the wives/girlfriends to go dance in the gogo bars. I know they were dancers and not service staff because my <deleted> of a friend would also drag me reluctantly to the bars,

I mean, could have been their brothers.....but doubtful.

What you are saying is true many of them would show up in the manner you described.  Lots of kisses goodbye, but I guess that could still be a brother.

6 minutes ago, Broken Record said:

I just let him carry on until he had exhausted every put down of Thailand and Thai people ha had in his repertoire, then I dropped the bombshell, he said no more about the subject

I often say nothing. 

The other day, I went to a gym and I asked a guy where he was from. He said 'Khon Kaen, I'm an oldtimer, been here 8 years". ????

I smiled, and a couple of minutes later the gym assistant came in and started talking to me in Thai. The hadn't a clue what we were saying ???? 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

There are millions of women in Thailand who do not feel that pressure also, just like women in those other countries!  Neither do millions of families feel that pressure to pimp their children. 

Are you seriously suggesting that a typical Western country will have the same proportion of women being forced into, or opting to try,  prostitution as Thailand?

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:
16 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Are you seriously suggesting that a typical Western country will have the same proportion of women being forced into prostitution?

Are you seriously suggesting that you have any factual stats to the contrary?!

I'm actually suggesting that you shouldn't be so  liberal with your slurs against Thai families.

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I'm actually suggesting that you shouldn't be so  liberal with your slurs against Thai families.

So I should pretend that prostitution is as common in Western countries as it is in Thailand in order to not offend people?

Also, I'm not sure that you know what a "slur" is, as I haven't used any.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Are you seriously suggesting that a typical Western country will have the same proportion of women being forced into prostitution?

In the west they can choose not to work, get pregnant as teenagers' and know that the government will have to take care of them, knock out a few more kids and get a bigger house, everything paid by the taxpayer.

Now if they didn't have that situation, the Nanny state to fall back on, how many do you think would do anything to feed their families ?

My Grandfather was in Germany in 1945 at wars end, many German woman had to do whatever it took to put food on the table.

Edited by Broken Record