Thai ladies’ morality- I have no idea what they are thinking

Danderman123

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:
33 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

These girls only hope is a naive, older farang, who thinks dark skin is exotic.  

And then they wonder why they don't have any Thai male friends! 

Did you just reply to your own comment?  And are you saying that foreigners don't have Thai male friends because they like dark skinned girls... so kind of not very nice people?

7 minutes ago, Broken Record said:

My Grandfather was in Germany in 1945 at wars end, many German woman had to do whatever it took to put food on the table.

...or just to get nylons, chocolate or other things that were not available for them. Or to escape for a moment the reality in a widely destroyed country with a lack of men.

It mus have been hundreds of thousands of these women.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 473geo said:

So what? many of the Isaan girls are way more sexy than the product thrown up in the latest Thai beauty contest, rich Thai men are welcome to them, and the associated medical touch up costs that go with them.

I've met many kind thoughtful people in Isaan, your attitude leans towards a rather flat learning curve for the years you have been welcomed in Thailand.

Rather you use any available cliche to knock the old boys who have arrived in Thailand for good time if not a long time! Do you seriously think foreign guys give a flying flock what rich Thai men do? 

I've lived in Issan for many years and know MANY kind, thoughtful people and have many good friends. There is nothing wrong with dark skin, I like it myself.  A Buriram Noi is a decription of a farming girl who goes to Pattaya to escape poverty by finding an old farang guy. 

Nothing wrong with old guys coming here for a good time but it's extremely hard for them to assimilate or integrate into Thai society. Granted, most don't want to or can't learn the language, which is needed to do such a thing. What I dislike is when these type of foreigners start criticizing the culture that they have no intention of joining. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, 473geo said:

I've met many kind thoughtful people in Isaan, your attitude leans towards a rather flat learning curve for the years you have been welcomed in Thailand.

A lot of anger coming from the two people involved in that conversation.  And they call others "bitter".

Who worries about what rich Thai people who don't like people brown skin think about anything?

And boasting about speaking Thai or how long they've been here... yawn!

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Did you just reply to your own comment?  And are you saying that foreigners don't have Thai male friends because they like dark skinned girls... so kind of not very nice people?

Yes, is it not allowed?

Thai people have a very strict hierarchical social ladder. I'm sure you know that already. Thai men don't know how to react to a foreigner with an obviously wife from the bottom rung, which is easy for them to see. It is not really to do with the skin colour, but this can be a dead give away.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I've lived in Issan for many years and know MANY kind, thoughtful people and have many good friends. There is nothing wrong with dark skin, I like it myself.  A Buriram Noi is a decription of a farming girl who goes to Pattaya to escape poverty by finding an old farang guy. 

Nothing wrong with old guys coming here for a good time but it's extremely hard for them to assimilate or integrate into Thai society. Granted, most don't want to or can't learn the language, which is needed to do such a thing. What I dislike is when these type of foreigners start criticizing the culture that they have no intention of joining. 

Ok accepted, unfortunately your post lacked a little clarity to convey the same message, or maybe my interpretation ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

A lot of anger coming from the two people involved in that conversation.  And they call others "bitter".

Who worries about what rich Thai people who don't like people brown skin think about anything?

And boasting about speaking Thai or how long they've been here... yawn!

I sense no anger. I am certainly not angry. 

Ironically, I think you sound angry ???? 

No one is boasting about anything. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I sense no anger. I am certainly not angry. 

Ironically, I think you sound angry ???? 

No one is boasting about anything. 

I'm afraid that's how you come across.  E.g. your gym example is simply someone apparently mislabeling themselves as an "old-timer" and you reveling in speaking fluent Thai while he could not.  He didn't say anything bad about Thailand, nor about you, but you still feel the need to point out something negative about him.  That isn't a positive thing, is it?  If you told him you were going to recount the interaction when describing annoying interactions with other foreigners, he would probably be offended.

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Like 1

Hardly new.

There were articles in the 1960's about French housewives living in new apartments  in Parisian suburbs moonlighting as prostitutes - Godard made a film in 1967 about this:

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0060304/?ref_=fn_al_tt_0

2 or 3 Things I Know About Her

Original title: 2 ou 3 choses que je sais d'elle
  • Not Rated
  • 1h 27m

2 or 3 Things I Know About Her

Original title: 2 
Edited by JimmyJ

4 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

The people your friend is meeting might have another job but they are still prostitutes. 

No Shame in that! Everyone  who works sells themselves  or their bodies.

3 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Broken women.  Very sad.  The trouble is, nobody warns them.  Even in our supposedly advanced societies we still have insane cat moms telling young women they need to sleep around to be "strong independent women".

To justify patriarchal dominance men create a morality that requires  a victim to justify  the morality.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

I'm afraid that's how you come across.  E.g. your gym example is simply someone apparently mislabeling themselves as an "old-timer" and you reveling in speaking fluent Thai while he could not.  He didn't say anything bad about Thailand, nor about you, but you still feel the need to point out something negative about him.  That isn't a positive thing, is it?

Maybe a bit of self righteousness, something I'm working on ????

I was just sharing a funny story. 

The guy came across as a total idiot. If someone asked me where I come from, I say Scotland, not that I am actually Thai, I certainly would not say Khon Kaen . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Easy.

Elderly and overweight western men with often bad manners are a sex symbol in Thailand. 

I wonder if there is, or ever was any truth to the story of some Thai women wanting a light skinned child from one of these short lived rendezvous. It was a popular story when I first arrived in Thailand.

• Like 2

Oh and by the way, It's not just Thai guys dropping their girlfriends off to a Bar or GoGo, many Farangs had girlfriends earning the money too.

Again, it's a generational thing, her Farang boyfriend wouldn't  have been 70 Years old, but hopefully for her , her customers would have been, I had a friend a German guy, 26-27 good looking guy, blond slim, blue eyed, girls loved him. His Gf worked in Sabailand in Pattaya and used to give him money everyday to go out for a drink, he was broke but she loved Rudi, she went with the other guys for only one reason, it was a job, she said it meant nothing to her her heart belonged to Rudi

I had a Friend who came to Pattaya to find an Old White Guy to help her pay for University, OWG's she would call them, funny, they meant nothing, and she carried on with her life and is now a Government Teacher far away from her previous life that is now deleted from her memory.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, ramrod711 said:

I wonder if there is, or ever was any truth to the story of some Thai women wanting a light skinned child from one of these short lived rendezvous. It was a popular story when I first arrived in Thailand.

It's a fact. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ramrod711 said:

Why would a woman want to have a baby with a guy who isnt going to provide for the baby ?

Its just some guys fantasy that many girls are desperate from them to impregnate them 

5 hours ago, vinci said:

the friend thingy are just having daytime job and prostitutes by night.

they are just pimp, in some case the marriage thing are just fake to benefit from each other, another are the guy married to a prostitutes and she's just continuing her job, yes there Thai men and woman do married each for love and knowing the reality of their lives, but one must work for a living, its suck to be poor

Its just a different  culture and way of thinking.   I think it must have been this way  hundreds of years ago in England, and other countries where the poor suffered through history. 

To be honest i have not even bothered reading most of this ,the sort of Thai people i have known for 25 yrs would not even contemplate sending their wife out to hustle , the vast majority of Thais i have met have been decent ,all the ones living around us are also well off.

• Like 1