Thai ladies’ morality- I have no idea what they are thinking

Danderman123

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Gotta say, I don't think about it much and just enjoy the experiences on offer.

What they do out of my sight, I just don't care.

When I was just coming for holiday that was my approach. Now that I live in Pattaya, some ladies try to get their hooks into me, and I like to know the name of their Thai husband before agreeing to have them move in with me. 

The question of Thai ladies lying came up in another topic, but it’s more appropriate here. When is it appropriate for a lady to lie, and when is it not appropriate?

it comes down to the state of a relationship.

if you barely know a Thai lady, and she tells you she doesn’t like Thai men, no problem, even if she lives with a Thai man. That lie falls under  “marketing” . But if you are living with her, or sponsoring her from abroad, and she goes with a Thai man, that lie is poison.

if you don’t know her well, and she says she doesn’t go with other men, that’s marketing, no problem.

I have one lady who is working me for some reason, maybe she is looking for a sponsor, maybe something else, but she is very careful never to disclose that she goes with other men. One trick is to make vague posts on Facebook about missing a man, but not specifying who she misses. So, 1,000 guys think it’s them. But it’s not a deadly lie, just marketing.

On 1/25/2022 at 4:59 PM, Danderman123 said:

I have one lady who is working me for some reason, maybe she is looking for a sponsor, maybe something else, but she is very careful never to disclose that she goes with other men. One trick is to make vague posts on Facebook about missing a man, but not specifying who she misses. So, 1,000 guys think it’s them. But it’s not a deadly lie, just marketing.

The 'dodgy' ladies I associated with had different FB pages for each guy, and another for family and friends.

If you snuck a look at their smartphones you'd see their 'real' FB page.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

The 'dodgy' ladies I associated with had different FB pages for each guy, and another for family and friends.

The problem for this lady is that I know her friends in real life, and I see their FB. And she has 1,000 male followers, so she isn't going to abandon that FB account. 

But, yeah, I knew a lady years ago who had multiple FB accounts. The problem is she was friends with all of them. 

A better example is a Thai lady I know who forbids her Thai boyfriend from using FB, so no customer can ever find him. But, another Thai lady I know made a FB account for her husband, so that ladies would know he has a wife. 

6 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Another morality issue: why do Thai ladies often give up their babies to ex-husbands and boyfriends?

That's a real issue I ran into recently at my gf's sister's home in the country in Isaan (but next to a tiny town), where live assorted relatives, and friends are always hanging out. Her brother's ex abandoned their first two girls there for my childless gf to raise through their first years. The girls are in their teens now; their father sees them about once a month and sends money. The mother it seems was self-centered, materialistic, and demanding (and good looking), and left early on.

• Like 1

Another issue is that bargirls with Thai boyfriends often express pleasure that they can go with another man, while the boyfriend has to wait for them. It’s very common for a bargirl to tell me that her boyfriend does what she tells him to do - she can marry a Farang, and he must wait. She doesn’t mention the baht she hands to her boyfriend when she comes home.

of course, the Thai man does not have to wait, really, if she goes off for a night or a year, he will hook up with another lady in the interim. Having some money in hand helps with that.

• Like 1

I am traveling the world with a married Thai lady. She says she loves her husband very much, but needs money. Plus, she is bored when she is at home. She has a Farang sponsor, and told him that she is traveling together with her sister, who is supposed to be my girlfriend.

What I don’t get is that this lady is constantly trying to make plans for further travel after we return to Thailand in April, she has a list of places to visit. If I didn’t know better, I would think that she doesn’t want me to see other ladies.

The other day, a German fellow burned down his house and killed himself over cheating by his Thai wife of 21 years. Apparently, she cheated the whole time.

i think that Thai ladies are unique in their practice of marrying a Farang while seeing a Thai man on the side. Meanwhile, the Thai man will have a wife and family, who he will abandon the moment the Thai lady disengages from the Farang.

i have seen chains with a Farang on one end, and a long series of Thais on the other. A Farang goes with a married Thai lady, her husband goes with another Thai lady, she has another Thai man on the side, etc. When the Farang disengages, the whole chain is disrupted.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Farangs tend to think the standard process for a Thai lady to enter the bar scene is for her husband to dump her after she spits out a few kids. The lady is alone, not enough money to support herself, so she leaves the kids with her mother to go work bar. And that happens a lot.

The flip side is when a lady has been married for a while, and gets tired of it. She is not so excited about the husband, she would like more money, and a more exciting life. The bar scene provides all that. The problem is, unless she already lives near Pattaya, she is going to have to leave the husband. 

Some ladies have delusions of making a big score quickly and then running back to the husband. Some give up and go home after a few weeks, no idea what they tell the husband. Others make marginal cash, but love the bar lifestyle. And there are those angling for a Farang husband to set themselves up for life.

And then there are the rare few who never cut the cord with the husband. Some ladies send money to their husband back in Isaan. There are some husbands who move to Pattaya (or wherever the bar is) and take care of the kids while the wife works bar. There are even husbands who wait for the wife after she marries a Farang.  Another variant is the bargirl who makes enough cash to afford a money boy in Pattaya. Money boys don’t mind at all if their honey goes with a customer, as long as the money keeps flowing. 

For ladies still attached to their husbands, it’s often a big secret that they keep from their Farang customers, especially if they are older. The younger ladies don’t worry about a long term relationship with a Farang (yet), so they don’t mind if their Thai boyfriend is known.

my philosophy is that I don’t care about the personal lives of the ladies, as long as it doesn’t impact their performance. 

Your opinion may differ.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2021 at 11:07 AM, Danderman123 said:

so, are Thai men really that mercenary? Or is this some ploy

why is it so surprising when different people have different values than you do? This is simply a different culture and it sounds like you find it troubling that everything is not the same as back home..

A ploy? not likely, the husband probably has a GF or 2 on the side... 

When I was University level and beyond, my friends were mostly artists, not monogamous, and they did not tend to live like my conservative accountant neighbors [who were also kinky but kept it behind closed doors] 

• Like 1

On 2/5/2022 at 6:00 PM, Danderman123 said:

I would think that she doesn’t want me to see other ladies.

maybe not out of jealousy as your Western mind might categorize it... she just does not want to lose a customer... 

sounds like you both have fun - just let it happen... 

On 1/29/2022 at 7:04 AM, BritManToo said:

sounds like a lot of work - - who says they are lazy?

• Haha 1

On 12/30/2021 at 11:49 AM, BangkokReady said:

But at the same frequency and to the same level of casual acceptance by society?

I can only speak for the UK, but the idea of a gik, a mia noi or young women having older men pay them for sex while at uni seem very rare.

Not so rare these days by all accounts...

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

Morality???? Do you know where you are? Maybe should try a life in the Vatican, there only the little church boys are crying on their way home.

Gods own army on earth to preserve good morality, men walking around in colourful dresses, divided in to ranks (casts)  enjoy art, drink wine and read all the dirty literature that was hided for the public.

Hide historical evedencies for best of the humanity. Hopefully it will be better in the future, but I seriously doubt it. It is because of the destructive human nature, even some have or had the best intentions, it gets carried away no matter what it is, be it politics or religion.

Edited by Hummin
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

why is it so surprising when different people have different values than you do? This is simply a different culture and it sounds like you find it troubling that everything is not the same as back home..

A ploy? not likely, the husband probably has a GF or 2 on the side... 

When I was University level and beyond, my friends were mostly artists, not monogamous, and they did not tend to live like my conservative accountant neighbors [who were also kinky but kept it behind closed doors] 

I am just pointing out the differences in culture, not criticizing them.

12 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

maybe not out of jealousy as your Western mind might categorize it... she just does not want to lose a customer... 

sounds like you both have fun - just let it happen... 

the only problem is that my Thai lady companion sometimes gets into a fight with her husband and is out of order for a day.

On 1/28/2022 at 9:04 PM, BritManToo said:

What is most common is a bargirl having a private FB for friends and family, and a public FB for customers.

Sometimes, I get the private FB, but then it doesn’t say where the lady works, so it’s kind of useless. Plus, it’s filled with photos of kids and cats and food.

On 12/30/2021 at 11:30 AM, JustAnotherHun said:

Easy.

Elderly and overweight western men with often bad manners are a sex symbol in Thailand. 

You mean their money is a sex symbol in Thailand. Certainly not in any other way.

The married lady described in the OP is now single, as her Thai husband has left her. Apparently, her financial problems were too much for him.

No discussion of her going with a Farang customer as part of the friction.

This is in accordance with my thinking that any Thai man who allows his wife to go with a customer is only in it for the money.

• 4 weeks later...