Why would I want to move my family from a poor country to a rich country?

SiSePuede419

Guest Isaanlife
Just now, BritManToo said:

Yes, and in the west most young people can't even afford to do that now.

Sorry friend, at 2% interest, there are more home sales going on now than in years previously.

You have a house worth x amount and you pay X amount a month to finance. 

Depending on which state and which area, there are many locations young couples can buy a house.

Even single professionals can get into a house depending on the location.

A US $200,000 house at 2% for 30 years is only US $739/month.

In range of many, recently graduated students.

Depending on the area, there are some areas in the US $200,000 can buy an awfully nice house.

And they won't need to keep it 30 years for it to appreciate where then can cash out and get something even better

9 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Yes, and in the west most young people can't even afford to do that now.

Average house price in Australia is  $1 million, plus most things fun are frowned upon, especially if the involve risk or are enjoyed by males.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Isaanlife
15 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

You just outted yourself as an uneducated, ignorant fool. 

You're right, you made up that entire list. ????

You ain't rich, just a wannabe.

You don't have to be rich to live a "rich" life like I have, only smart.  Most rich people are stupid, not smart.  Most rich people inherited their wealth.

God, you're a pathetic excuse for a human being. ????

I made up that whole list to see how you would reply and you lied on every one of them.

You don't have a rich life.

You cannot afford your kid's education.

This isn't about me

You told so many stories you lost track of your original post.

Your quality of life is better in Thailand than America, yet not one time do you ever explain why or how. The opposite only.

But you did explain how you have done everything on a fake list and lost all your credibility.

5 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

How do you explain to dumb Americans that it's not all about wages and the quality of life is better in a country like Thailand?

Thank you Thailand!  ????????

The sound of someone justifying a decision they kind of know, deep down, is wrong.

People move for a better life, and a better future for their children.

Education for your children alone should justify a move.

Why do you think so many well-off thais have been educated in the west?

And why have a million thais emigrated to other countries?

Guest Isaanlife
21 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

You just outted yourself as an uneducated, ignorant fool. 

You're right, you made up that entire list. ????

You ain't rich, just a wannabe.

You don't have to be rich to live a "rich" life like I have, only smart.  Most rich people are stupid, not smart.  Most rich people inherited their wealth.

God, you're a pathetic excuse for a human being. ????

Look up the definition of "A Self Made Man"

Most rich people are stupid?

Well is Elon Musk stupid and if you think so, provide some evidence?

This isn't about me, this is about YOU explaining your original post, which you have failed to do.

Pathetic excuse is the term thrown around forums when you are backed into a corner telling tons of lies.

We don't know what kind of life you have because you have never told anyone from your original post?

Are you afraid someone might fact check you?

31 minutes ago, Smithson said:

Average house price in Australia is  $1 million, plus most things fun are frowned upon, especially if the involve risk or are enjoyed by males.

Good if you own property. Shows confidence in the Australian way of life. Lots of good paying jobs if you work hard. 

They'll always be some who frown but just ignore them. Unless your risky behaviour risks others. I think Thai society seems a bit moralistic ..not sure that the average Australian is. 

Sorry if I see an anti Australian comment I have to bite. 

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

My Thai daughter graduated earlier this year and her starting wage is 18kbht/month.

No loan required, the fees and expenses were easily affordable.

Not as much as she wanted, but in these days of COVID, it's not so bad.

How many graduates in the UK earn enough to buy a home a year after finishing university?

Exactly. 

Thai education not the best, but if the student is smart & self-educated, they can make enough to live on....

Which reminds me, America lets greedy foreign investors buy up real estate and drive up the prices so it's unaffordable for someone who is fresh out of college.  POVERTY.

22 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

My Thai children appear to have a better life in Thailand, than my English children have in England.

Education is one of the false gods of the western world, beyond the ability to read and write not much point in further education for 90% of the population.

Also how to measure things is important, the American system seems to complicated though.

39 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

That's a false premise, as drugs, violence and criminality are generally attractive male traits to women.

No, you're confirming my premise that money isn't important to find love.

Did you take any classes in logic in college?  I did.  And it shows. ????

Guest Isaanlife
3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Anyone who bases their 'quality of life' on income or possession ... doesn't understand what quality means.  

The only difference between being a 'have' or 'have not', would be comfort level.

More than a few millionaires have off'd themselves ... guess having too much money didn't help their quality of life.

Guess you have never read how many Thai's committed suicide during the last financial crisis in 1996?

4 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Thai education not the best, but if the student is smart & self-educated, they can make enough to live on....

Wow. What a ringing endorsement.

I'm guessing you weren't in advertising?

Thailand, where the education system doesn't suck as much as it could.

Unlike most developed nations, the US health system does not provide health care to the country's entire population. Instead, most citizens are covered by a combination of private insurance and various federal and state programs. As of 2017, health insurance was most commonly acquired through a group plan tied to an employer, covering 150 million people. 

Other major sources include Medicaid, covering 70 million, Medicare, 50 million, and health insurance marketplaces created by the Affordable Care Act (ACA) covering around 17 million. In 2017, a study found that 73% of plans on ACA marketplaces had narrow networks, limiting access and choice in providers.

A 2009 study in five states found that medical debt contributed to 46.2% of all personal bankruptcies, and 62.1% of bankruptcy filers claimed high medical expenses in 2007. Since then, health costs and the numbers of uninsured and underinsured have increased. A 2013 study found that about 25% of all senior citizens declare bankruptcy due to medical expenses.

Those who are insured may be underinsured such that they cannot afford adequate medical care. A 2003 study estimated that 16 million United States adults were underinsured, disproportionately affecting those with lower incomes – 73% of the underinsured in the study population had annual incomes below 200% of the federal poverty level. 

Lack of insurance or higher cost sharing (user fees for the patient with insurance) create barriers to accessing health care: use of care declines with increasing patient cost-sharing obligation. Before the ACA passed in 2014, 39% of below-average income Americans reported forgoing seeing a doctor for a medical issue (whereas 7% of low-income Canadians and 1% of low-income British citizens reported the same).

Source - Norway Government 

29 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

My Thai children appear to have a better life in Thailand, than my English children have in England.

Education is one of the false gods of the western world, beyond the ability to read and write not much point in further education for 90% of the population.

Education is often important to learn how to express yourself. Technical degrees are often worthwhile. In my case my degree was a bit of a waste of time though. I did an economics degree and what we learnt was just common sense such as  supply and demand, a bit of psychology and marketing, nothing much. Economists seem to get it wrong more than 50 per cent of the time. The accounting part was somewhat helpful and it did get me a job. But in three years of economics there wasn't much of substance. 

7 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Anyone who bases their 'quality of life' on income or possession ... doesn't understand what quality means.  

The only difference between being a 'have' or 'have not', would be comfort level.

More than a few millionaires have off'd themselves ... guess having too much money didn't help their quality of life.

Maybe in places like Australia but the difference between a have or have not in the US or Thailand can mean the difference between going hungry or not. Or the difference between working 60 hour weeks for terrible pay or not. 

Guest Isaanlife
45 minutes ago, Smithson said:

Risdon Vale, TAS 7016

• Nearest capital city: Hobart
  • Distance to CBD: 7 km
  • Median home price: $355,000
  • YoY growth: 13.6%

The City of Hobart in Tasmania also experienced a surge in property values over the past quarter, with the median home price breaking $600,000 for the first time.

Your search for the most affordable house in the region will bring you to the outer suburb of Risdon Vale. Located nine kilometres outside of Hobart, home prices are cheaper by $240,000 on average in this area.

With a family score of 7/10, Risdon Vale has a decent selection of schools, amusement centres, supermarkets, and libraries. A few squash courts, cycling clubs, and boat clubs can also be found in town.

Lastly, the suburb has a population of just around 3,000 people, so it has no extensive demand for public transport. That’s why 90% of the residents travel using their own cars to reach the CBD in Hobart.

Cannington, WA 6107

• Nearest capital city: Perth
  • Distance to CBD: 8 km
  • Median home price: $350,000
  • YoY growth: 4.4%

The median house price in Perth has also reached its highest point of $578,600 this Q1 2021, but you can find significantly cheaper properties in the surrounding suburbs of Maylands, Westminster, Como, and Cannington.

In particular, the median price of a three bedroom house in Cannington is $340,000. This is roughly 41% cheaper than home prices in Perth.

The suburb has numerous schools, hospitals, baby shops, and day care centres that cater to the needs of households with children that account for a third of the population. Cannington has a family score of 8/10 in Microburbs.

https://www.yourmortgage.com.au/mortgage-news/the-6-most-affordable-suburbs-to-buy-a-house-in-australia-in-2021

Just now, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Education is often important to learn how to express yourself. Technical degrees are often worthwhile. In my case my degree was a bit of a waste of time though. I did an economics degree and what we learnt was just common sense such as  supply and demand, a bit of psychology and marketing, nothing much. Economists seem to get it wrong more than 50 per cent of the time. The accounting part was somewhat helpful and it did get me a job. But in three years of economics there wasn't much of substance. 

My 'technical degree' wasn't worthwhile at all, except as an interesting hobby.

Once I learned the real money was to be earned in media/stockmarket/banking, science couldn't afford to hire me.

Guest Isaanlife
4 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Wow. What a ringing endorsement.

I'm guessing you weren't in advertising?

Thailand, where the education system doesn't suck as much as it could.

This sums up Thai Education 100%!

270050428_635774031173476_4253455983002612738_n.jpg

1 hour ago, Isaanlife said:

He won't get a masters in anything from you.

I obviously didn't mean literally a Masters degree. 

I meant he will have MASTER level education in Science, Physics, Mathematics.

By the end of his primary school.

There's no programs for gifted students in Thailand, that's what I will give him, not a piece of paper.

Lots of people have pieces of paper in Thailand. 

My Grab driver in Bangkok that drove me to the airport was college educated in America.

She said she was originally from the south, so not sure if her parents are rich.

She did speak English fairly well.

But pretty sure she wasn't rich or else she wouldn't be hustling by driving for Grab, right,? ????

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

She did speak English fairly well.

But pretty sure she wasn't rich or else she wouldn't be hustling by driving for Grab, right,?

Both the rabbit breeders I use speak almost perfect English, yet they're living by selling rabbits at 300bht a go. They also seem to be happy.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1

Guest Isaanlife
14 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Exactly. 

Which reminds me, America lets greedy foreign investors buy up real estate and drive up the prices so it's unaffordable for someone who is fresh out of college.  POVERTY.

A US $200,000 house at 2% for 30 years is only US $739/month.

In range of many, recently graduated students.

Depending on the area, there are some areas in the US $200,000 can buy an awfully nice house.

And they won't need to keep it 30 years for it to appreciate where then can cash out and get something even better

1 hour ago, Isaanlife said:

It's easy to be miserable when events leading up to loosing it all can drag on and on for years before it finally implodes.

Same in big cities in America.  About 25% of the homeless in San Francisco once owned a home.

Circumstances changed, lost job, divorce, etc and they lost it all and are living in a tent on the street, using drugs to ease their pain, shame and embarrassment.

Tragic.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Isaanlife said:

Risdon Vale, TAS 7016

• Nearest capital city: Hobart
  • Distance to CBD: 7 km
  • Median home price: $355,000
  • YoY growth: 13.6%

The City of Hobart in Tasmania also experienced a surge in property values over the past quarter, with the median home price breaking $600,000 for the first time.

Your search for the most affordable house in the region will bring you to the outer suburb of Risdon Vale. Located nine kilometres outside of Hobart, home prices are cheaper by $240,000 on average in this area.

With a family score of 7/10, Risdon Vale has a decent selection of schools, amusement centres, supermarkets, and libraries. A few squash courts, cycling clubs, and boat clubs can also be found in town.

Lastly, the suburb has a population of just around 3,000 people, so it has no extensive demand for public transport. That’s why 90% of the residents travel using their own cars to reach the CBD in Hobart.

Cannington, WA 6107

• Nearest capital city: Perth
  • Distance to CBD: 8 km
  • Median home price: $350,000
  • YoY growth: 4.4%

The median house price in Perth has also reached its highest point of $578,600 this Q1 2021, but you can find significantly cheaper properties in the surrounding suburbs of Maylands, Westminster, Como, and Cannington.

In particular, the median price of a three bedroom house in Cannington is $340,000. This is roughly 41% cheaper than home prices in Perth.

The suburb has numerous schools, hospitals, baby shops, and day care centres that cater to the needs of households with children that account for a third of the population. Cannington has a family score of 8/10 in Microburbs.

https://www.yourmortgage.com.au/mortgage-news/the-6-most-affordable-suburbs-to-buy-a-house-in-australia-in-2021

That's two postcodes among hundreds. The article is four months old, but if you check I bet there has been a noticeable rise during that time.

Edited by Smithson
  • Thanks 1