Why would I want to move my family from a poor country to a rich country?

SiSePuede419

Guest Isaanlife
4 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

I obviously didn't mean literally a Masters degree. 

I meant he will have MASTER level education in Science, Physics, Mathematics.

By the end of his primary school.

There's no programs for gifted students in Thailand, that's what I will give him, not a piece of paper.

Lots of people have pieces of paper in Thailand. 

My Grab driver in Bangkok that drove me to the airport was college educated in America.

She said she was originally from the south, so not sure if her parents are rich.

She did speak English fairly well.

But pretty sure she wasn't rich or else she wouldn't be hustling by driving for Grab, right,? ????

There are programs for gifted students in Thailand as every year Thai students get accepted to the best colleges around the US and the world.

As smart as you claim to be, you should know this.

The tuition is quite steep.

Guest Isaanlife
2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Most people would still need an income to live in that house.

Generally, in the west, low housing costs = no employment and high crime rates.

If I didn't need to work I'd move to Thailand and buy that same house for $40,000.

A saving of $160,000, which I could then use to hire a young and attractive wife to warm my bed at night.

(Which is essentially what I did)

$200,000 wouldn't buy you a cardboard box in any major US city.

However, $200,000 will buy a lot in a great rural area with low crime, good schools, you name it.

There are ton's of rural areas all across the United States with plenty of jobs, low crime and everything else.

Just now, Isaanlife said:

However, $200,000 will buy a lot in a great rural area with low crime, good schools, you name it.

There are ton's of rural areas all across the United States with plenty of jobs, low crime and everything else.

If you don't like Thailand, why are you posting/living here?

1 minute ago, Isaanlife said:

You are ???? % correct.

Screenshot_20211231-103156_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

I believe thais are more happy in Thailand among their own family, and will not move unless my gf get pregnant. 

I had one wife who I moved with her kids, and it is all about timing. If kids is younger than school age it will be a much easier transition. If only girls even easier to fit in and find friends. If a boy or boys older age around 10 - 12 and up, much harder to intergrate among the others. Also dependes which country you moving to, district or big city of course. So many variables comes in, and of course work for your wife, and what kind of work she manage to get. 

Still the most happiest wife and gf I see (my experience) is those who live close to their family. 

I would not rise my own kid in Thailand of different reasons. 

Edited by Hummin

Guest Isaanlife
3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

If you don't like Thailand, why are you posting/living here?

You don't seem to like being confronted with the facts, do you?

If you are proven wrong, accept it and move on.

No where have I said I don't like Thailand so stop making things up.

Learn to accept when you have misspoken and are corrected by the facts.

1 hour ago, Isaanlife said:

You don't have a rich life.

You've already admitted you're a liar.  Now you're lying about me.

I work in Silicon Valley for a startup.

I'm an Engineer in the top 10% of income in America and the top 2% of IQ.

I'm also an artist who has traveled the world and have even visited hunter gatherers because I was interested in sustainable tribal technology.

You're a fool who lies. 

See the difference?

????????????????

Edited by SiSePuede419
  • Haha 1

Guest Isaanlife
12 minutes ago, Smithson said:

That's two postcodes among hundreds. The article is four months old, but if you check I bet there has been a noticeable rise during that time.

The point being, you have to find a location within your financial means and they are out there.

We can't all expect to live waterfront in Sydney now can we?

The point being, you have to find a location within your financial means and they are out there.

Seeing as how the sea level is predicted to rise 6ft by 2100, why would you even take the risk?

Or are you a climate change denier?

6 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

In America, I've ordered food using UberEATS and had to pay a $10 fee, plus I give a $10 tip on top.  Then the drivers sometimes show up in a BMW or Tesla.  POVERTY.

Major contradiction alert.

By your own conclusion life in USA is infact million times better than in Thailand. Do delivery guys here get a 330 baht tip or drive a Tesla?

Obviously poverty is just for those who decide not to work.

• Like 1

Guest Isaanlife
8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Seeing as how the sea level is predicted to rise 6ft by 2100, why would you even take the risk?

Or are you a climate change denier?

Who on this forum will still be alive in 2100?

No one!

If you cannot understand that, take your current age and add 78 years to it. 

Has nothing to do with Climate Change and everything to do with age.

10 minutes ago, Isaanlife said:

Look up the definition of "A Self Made Man"

Most rich people are stupid?

Typical Trump Supporter, they use the government to get rich like Trump's Daddy did with his slum housing and then claim they're self made.

Obviously you don't understand math.

If the majority of rich people inherited their wealth (FACT) then the majority of rich people have median IQs.

Ask a smart, educated person to explain that to you.

Not that you know any.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Isaanlife
20 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

You've already admitted you're a liar.  Now you're lying about me.

I work in Silicon Valley for a startup.

I'm an Engineer in the top 10% of income in America and the top 2% of IQ.

I'm also an artist who has traveled the world and have even visited hunter gatherers because I was interested in sustainable tribal technology.

You're a fool who lies. 

See the difference?

????????????????

You are the one that just admitted he cannot afford tuition for his son (student loans)

You can say what ever you want.

If your posts are any indication of all your made up stories, you are in the 2% IQ range on the left end of the scale.

Seeing you fabricated stories for every single thing on my list, you have zero credibility. Zero!

Provide some proof of your claims or else stop replying.

What does visiting hunter gatherers have to do with anything in this post? Think that makes you smart and rich?

A lie is a boisterous claim with no proof, evidence or facts.

Simple. No proof, no evidence and no facts of your claims is just that.

No need to reply without concrete evidence.

While you are being so honest, post up a photo of where you live in Thailand. 

I am sure everyone is dying to see how your quality of life is better than all the millionaires around the world.

No evidence, please don't reply.

If you are telling the truth you should not be afraid to post the evidence of your boisterous claims.

Guest Isaanlife
8 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Typical Trump Supporter, they use the government to get rich like Trump's Daddy did with his slum housing and then claim they're self made.

If the majority of rich people inherited their wealth (FACT) then the majority of rich people have median IQs.

Not that you know any.

Your foolishness has no end does it?

And here you are claiming 2% of the smartest IQ and you have no idea what you are talking about.

Better fact check yourself Mr. 2% IQ. Facts are facts. 

Do you have any factual data of self-made men versus inherited wealth worldwide?

I am asking you, smart educated, 2% IQ man, because you told me to ASK A SMART EDUCATED PERSON .so please provide the facts and explain it with evidence and proof.

If you cannot, get lost.

Frederick Douglass developed the concept of the self-made man in a series of lectures that spanned decades starting in 1879. Originally, the term referred to an individual who arises from a poor or otherwise disadvantaged background to eminence in financial, political or other areas by nurturing qualities, such as perseverance and hard work, as opposed to achieving these goals through inherited fortune  wikipedia

OP

The answer is that there comes a time when it is better to contemplate a tree, and listen to the wind passing through it's foliage,  than it is to talk to "dumb Americans"..............or dumb people of any nationality.

• Thanks 1

Guest Isaanlife
17 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Not that you know any.

Your foolishness has no end does it?

And here you are claiming 2% of the smartest IQ and you have no idea what you are talking about.

Better fact check yourself Mr. 2% IQ. Facts are facts. 

Do you have any factual data of self-made men versus inherited wealth worldwide?

I am asking you, smart educated, 2% IQ man, because you told me to ASK A SMART EDUCATED PERSON .so please provide the facts and explain it with evidence and proof.

If you cannot, get lost.

Frederick Douglass developed the concept of the self-made man in a series of lectures that spanned decades starting in 1879. Originally, the term referred to an individual who arises from a poor or otherwise disadvantaged background to eminence in financial, political or other areas by nurturing qualities, such as perseverance and hard work, as opposed to achieving these goals through inherited fortune  wikipedia

Guest Isaanlife
3 minutes ago, Enoon said:

OP

The answer is that there comes a time when it is better to contemplate a tree, and listen to the wind passing through it's foliage,  than it is to talk to "dumb Americans"..............or dumb people of any nationality.

Any one that ACTS (Takes action), Believes or Other, without Proof, Evidence or Facts, on Hearsay alone, to me is a dumb person.

Contemplate that for second.....................

10 minutes ago, Enoon said:

OP

When those who claim everyone else is dumb, dumber and dumbest? What then? 

What happened here just now? IQ, silicon walleye? 

There is less people with social intelligence than I thought on this fora, but what would I really know? I have never met one in irl!

Any one that ACTS (Takes action), Believes or Other, without Proof, Evidence or Facts, on Hearsay alone, to me is a dumb person.

Contemplate that for second.....................

It is evident that living in 'rural Isaan' as you claim, has scrambled your thoughts somewhat, and obviously you are on some crusade that is relatively meaningless to the rest of us. You should really be contemplating why you seem so lost.......

But it is comedic reading your ramblings.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Andre0720 said:

While I like my life here in Thailand as an adult, I would not want to raise a child here.

All about culture.

How could I teach a child here about being responsible, for his or her actions, for his or her son or daughter, for learning about science and arts?

How could I teach a child that there are laws and regulations when driving on these roads, when everything around teaches the opposite?

How could I teach a child that people should be able to enjoy peace and quietness in their own home, when everything around teaches the opposite?

How could I teach a child that tobacco is a slow poison, while most believe that it is just a prerequisite to being an adult??

How could I teach a child that sugar is a slow poison, when it is just impossible to find a meal that does not contain sugar.

How could I teach a child that garbage belongs in a garbage bin, when it is so easier to just drop it on the ground?

And so on...

Culture.

By being a good parent?

1 hour ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

working 60 hour weeks for terrible pay or not. 

Been there, done that, but 80+hr a week.  Still had a great quality of life, just little less time to enjoy it.

Along with 2 back to back 12 shifts (7pm-7am) at restaurant on the weekends at 15 yrs old together with working 3 nights a week till 1 am.  All illegal, as didn't even have work papers, and when legal, at 16, (not allowed to work more than 4 hrs a day, or past 7pm), nothing changed.  And teachers in HS used to wonder why I fell asleep in class, if I showed up at all.  Doesn't include the child labor laws I broke since about 10 yrs old. 

Ups & downs along the way, 30 something yrs old and living in an unfinished basement, and then later, the opposite, paying more income tax than most working people earned, the few times I hit the top 5% tax brackets.

Quality of life didn't change, just had more than enough vs barely enough, sometimes living on CCs.

Only difference with more $$$, bit more comfortable living & more toys.

• Like 1

While I like my life here in Thailand as an adult, I would not want to raise a child here.

All about culture.

How could I teach a child here about being responsible, for his or her actions, for his or her son or daughter, for learning about science and arts?

How could I teach a child that there are laws and regulations when driving on these roads, when everything around teaches the opposite?

How could I teach a child that people should be able to enjoy peace and quietness in their own home, when everything around teaches the opposite?

How could I teach a child that tobacco is a slow poison, while most believe that it is just a prerequisite to being an adult??

How could I teach a child that sugar is a slow poison, when it is just impossible to find a meal that does not contain sugar.

How could I teach a child that garbage belongs in a garbage bin, when it is so easier to just drop it on the ground?

And so on...

Culture.

Exactly my point to, and knowing I could not afford to give them the best education if they wanted! Where I come from, life is easier rising kids for the future and their own future.

All about culture.

Nice list of things that aren't that important.

Better they have a home to sleep in, food on the table and a loving family around them than everything on your list.

• Like 2

Those two postcodes can only fit so many people. Young Australians can no longer afford houses, it's a huge issue. It's also true many look for houses much bigger than needed, which are more expensive to buy, clean, furnish and maintain.

The great Australian dream of home ownership has become a nightmare, causing ppl to spend more time working and less time relaxing with their kids and family.

Houses are not as great a status symbol here. Thais spend more time doing fun things with family and friends.

This is a good reason to bring up kids here. Plus they can still do risky things, which is very important.

Edited by Smithson