Why would I want to move my family from a poor country to a rich country?

SiSePuede419

Guest Isaanlife

Your post is senseless and suggests you must be lower income?

There's no affordable child care in America. POVERTY.

Complete BS, it all depends where you live. There are more lower income areas in America than higher income areas.

And there's lots of homeless people in America.  POVERTY.

There is a lot of homeless people all over the world and in Thailand as well; so what?

Healthcare is a privilege in America, not a right.  POVERTY

You obviously have no clue how healthcare works in America. Why don't you explain how much insurance you have in Thailand and how much that costs you, with a policy we can verify your statement?

In America, I've ordered food using UberEATS and had to pay a $10 fee, plus I give a $10 tip on top.  Then the drivers sometimes show up in a BMW or Tesla.  POVERTY.

Why not just pick up the food yourself? Too poor for your own car? If the driver is working and earning a living, what concern is it of yours what kind of car they are driving? You support the service and the outrageous tip for them to buy the car.

It sounds like you are bitter and moved to Thailand because you couldn't afford to live in your own country, probably no advanced education and are jealous of people that work and have a better car or earn more than you?

Quality of life is better in Thailand

Do you live in an ocean front mansion in Thailand? I didn't think so.

Do you live in a Penthouse Condo in downtown Bangkok? I didn't think so.

Do you think your quality of life is better than all the rich people have it around the entire world? Of course not.

There a millions of people around the world in every country that have a quality of life you will NEVER EVER reach. Fact!

You have a better quality of life in Thailand because it is all you can afford. 

Instead of being so bitter, accept the truth. 

Anyone with one ounce of common sense would read right through your post.

Quality of life is ALL dependent upon money.

Millionaires have a hell of lot better quality of life than you will ever have; no matter there they live.

You certainly didn't end up in Thailand because your rich, but understand one thing? Whether Thailand or not, rich people will always have a better quality life than you.

Maybe you need to open your eyes to all the expensive cars, houses, beach properties, penthouse suites, etc. in Thailand and compare your quality of life to those folks?

Are you jetting off to Aspen this winter? Monte Carlo? Beverly Hills?

I didn't think so. Your definition of quality of life is ONLY what you can afford.

PS. There are a ton of rich Thai families in the USA. Lots of Thai families with their own businesses, driving a Benz, own their own large properties, have their kids in US Colleges. Better quality of life in the US than you can afford in your country.

Try looking in the mirror before being so bitter.

People reap what they sow from their education and hard work ethic.

If you could afford the USA, you would have a better quality of life. At least people would speak your own language and you could read the street signs!

Edited by Isaanlife

Guest Isaanlife
1 hour ago, RedArmy said:

Life is about 2 things.

Health & Happiness.

All too often a person never realizes how important health is, until they get old.

Good health is the key to happiness!

While I like my life here in Thailand as an adult, I would not want to raise a child here.

All about culture.

How could I teach a child here about being responsible, for his or her actions, for his or her son or daughter, for learning about science and arts?

How could I teach a child that there are laws and regulations when driving on these roads, when everything around teaches the opposite?

How could I teach a child that people should be able to enjoy peace and quietness in their own home, when everything around teaches the opposite?

How could I teach a child that tobacco is a slow poison, while most believe that it is just a prerequisite to being an adult??

How could I teach a child that sugar is a slow poison, when it is just impossible to find a meal that does not contain sugar.

How could I teach a child that garbage belongs in a garbage bin, when it is so easier to just drop it on the ground?

And so on...

Culture.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest Isaanlife
30 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Former millionaire her (barely), 

My quality of life is much better here in Thailand with a lot less, than it was in the UK with a lot more.

Maybe America is different, but there was nothing better in the UK for me, that I have here.

A much younger woman in my bed, and warm weather every day is worth more than anything.

Would also point out my 4 former kids in the UK are unhappy and struggling.

My 2 kids in Thailand are so much happier.

Your history with your ex is well told and we can understand why you would defend your current quality of life.

When you lose everything, it tends to make a person bitter and irrational.

Kids in Thailand that did not come from wealth in general, have nothing to miss, so they are always happy.

What remains is if they will be happy when they are adults making 6,000/thb a month?

Guest Isaanlife
48 minutes ago, Smithson said:

Poverty and lack of compassion is a huge problem in the US 

Perhaps you should get out more?

Lack of compassion is prevalent in every single country in the entire world.

For you to single out 1 Youtube video only is foolish

6 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Uhm... the same way others here have raised bright, rational kids. By being a good role model and taking on the burden of teaching your kids the things that the culture and society here do not by yourself.

A few motherhood statement do not hide the fact that a very very large majority of 'others', as you name them, have failed at doing so here. They get used to it.

• Like 1