COVID-19: Thailand reports 3,111 new coronavirus cases, 26 deaths, 3,241 recoveries

webfact

12 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

You can be as tactful and measured as you want.

I'll call it for factually what it has been.

A complete failure from start to not nearly finished.

Then you'd have to include a lot of other countries, including the U.S., on your "complete failure" list, since the U.S. with 61% at present has a lower fully vaccinated rate (shown by the dark green bars below)  than Thailand and its 64% rate.

Screenshot_2.jpg.3444f304895cc852cea9d17e0e9d1e1d.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg.4b48f7bffcc29f52f8c24a132e7aeced.jpg

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Then you'd have to include a lot of other countries, including the U.S., on your "complete failure" list, since the U.S. with 61% at present has a lower fully vaccinated rate (shown by the dark green bars below)  than Thailand and its 64% rate.

Screenshot_2.jpg.3444f304895cc852cea9d17e0e9d1e1d.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg.4b48f7bffcc29f52f8c24a132e7aeced.jpg

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

Sure.

Include all the countries you want in it.

I am talking about Thailand, on a Thai forum, and my home country the UK.

Thailand said they would vaccinate 70% of their population by the end of this year, i didn't.

Graphs are pretty though.

4 hours ago, Daithi85 said:

Similar to Ireland, population 5 million  people yesterday over 20,000 cases. Ireland has one of the Highest vaccination rates in the world..

Same with Portugal, France, Belgium, UK.

Any of these countries I have assets/family/real estate in, they all are in the RED. +200,000 Omicron a day for some of those.

And Portugal has one of the highest vaccination rates in the World, up to a +93% vaccination rate for those aged 21-30 years.

Shows how inefficient the Pfizer/AZ/etc, bull!@#$ vaccines are.

• Like 1

I don't get it. 3111 cases from 70 million and they block the country 

My state of Queensland had 3200 cases today from a population of 5 million and everything is open as they let it rip to gain immunity from the latest mild variant. Only 1 person in ICU from over 11,000 infected and that person has Delta. Time to let Omicron be treated as the new flu

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Sure.

Include all the countries you want in it.

I am talking about Thailand, on a Thai forum, and my home country the UK.

Thailand said they would vaccinate 70% of their population by the end of this year, i didn't.

Graphs are pretty though.

Soon this vaccine thing start to be never ending story! Israel start to give jab number 4 to people! Then jab number 5,6,7,8,9...............?

So everybody need 2 jab/year, when this thing ends? You cant get immunity whit vaccines, omicron shows that if not knowing before! People even get infected second or third time and really fast after have had covid already!

Edited by 2 is 1

2 minutes ago, NanaSomchai said:

Same with Portugal, France, Belgium, UK.

Any of these countries I have assets/family/real estate in, they all are in the RED. +200,000 Omicron a day for some of those.

And Portugal has one of the highest vaccination rates in the World, up to a +93% vaccination rate for those aged 21-30 years.

Shows how inefficient the Pfizer/AZ/etc, bull!@#$ vaccines are.

with omicron number of cases is becoming irrelevant, in SA it spiked very quickly and is now  on the decline - hospital cases and deaths did not spike showing only a very slight rise 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, smedly said:

with omicron number of cases is becoming irrelevant, in SA it spiked very quickly and is now  on the decline - hospital cases and deaths did not spike showing only a very slight rise 

Hope this omicron is only covid virus whitch stay "alive"! Then we can treat it like influenza and continue normal LIFE! Give vaccine to those who now take influenza shot's and let everybody else get it!

Edited by 2 is 1

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

A storm is brewing. 

This, totally and it won't be pretty this time around.

- Portugal: 87% overall vaccination rate, +28,659 which is a lot for a small country. Previous peak wave we had in January 2021, +11,500.

- France: 78% overall vaccination rate, +206,243 shows how inefficient current mRNA vaccines are. Previous peak wave was in November 2020, +60,000.

- Belgium: 77.1% overall vaccination rate, +13,876. Restrictions are kicking-in, work remotely from home is being enforced, etc.

- UK: 76.9% overall vaccination rate, +221,250. Need I say more?

Germany and Spain are not doing much better either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Nick Dean in his last YouTube address said omicron is rife in Pattaya. Phuket no doubt will be the same.

2 punters went into the Triangle bar in Soi Chaiapom and it just ran through the bar.

Now 6 girls tested positive and doing hospital quarantine. Triangle closed until further notice.

Triangle is open sided and a band where back playing.

Chonburi is due to have a meeting today.

Thailand now is not just playing their own population for complete mugs but also visiting tourists.

To the best of my knowledge you have to do a pre departure test to leave Thailand.

Let's see how that works out for folks in an alice in wonderland country with 3000 odd covid cases.

It's criminal misinformation and deliberate falsification of what is actually happening on the ground.

If you put any value in that man's words you are a fool.

Be careful out there chaps, ThaiFriendly isn't so customer friendly now, many Covid cases amongst the regulars, Idiot Farangs walking about with no mask, why don't the police start fining these people, 1000 first offense, 10.000 second, 100,000 and deportation 3rd.

Happy New Year 

11 minutes ago, MarcelV said:

If you put any value in that man's words you are a fool.

Have a look at the Triangle Bar Facebook page.

If you don't believe omicron is rife, in a close personal contact town like Pattaya,

i would suggest you are the fool.

You don't need to believe Pattaya bar owners, you just need to turn on the news.

yes but hospital admissions and deaths are not rising the same as case numbers, that is becoming very clear, a recent small study in SA is showing the vaccines and natural immunity are keeping people from getting seriously ill - so they are working, generally it is looking like people are coming down with a bad cold, it is not unusual in the UK that some will report to hospital or a doctor for a bad cold - seen it going on for years - and now with covid even more likely, positive ATK - bad cold .............better get to hospital quick - released in 3 days, was there really any need for them to be there ?, probably not, plus there is still overlap in the UK from delta - the overall picture is rather complex and confusing right now but one thing is becoming clearer - omicron is mild - not fatal and more like a bad cold

Indeed. Yet there are bound to be more calls for lockdowns and other restrictions.

9 minutes ago, smedly said:

omicron is mild - not fatal and more like a bad cold

Not to nitpick and pick on you on a personal level but I find both that statement and your overall attitude worrisome.

Not to concede to panic or anything but this whole "Oh it's just a bad cold" mantra is not exactly what we need either.

People need to take COVID-19 rather seriously and not dismiss it like "oh it's like a bad cold".

Reminder: COVID-19 kills, bad colds doesn't. Stop comparing apples and oranges.

Edited by NanaSomchai
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, smedly said:

if covid is showing up in Pattaya it would would be very helpful to know where and how how many, keeping information like this hidden from the general public is not helpful at all

venues are supposed to test staff and observe restrictions - I have seen no evidence of any of it

Triangle bar is one. This is the other problem when you have a system run on corruption, punishment and saving face. Reward for triangle bar for doing it by the book, shut down for the foreseeable. Reward for those that don't and keep it hidden, bar stays open , keep income, and no loss of face.

Nowhere AFAIK in the UK is shut down for having any positives in its staff. Whole system in Thailand is not set up to encourage reporting of covid cases, the fear of incarceration for 2 weeks.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NanaSomchai said:

Not to nitpick and pick on you on a personal level but I find both that statement and your overall attitude worrisome.

Not to concede to panic or anything but this whole "Oh it's just a bad cold" mantra is not exactly what we need either.

People need to take COVID-19 rather seriously and not dismiss it like "oh it's like a bad cold".

I agree with u.Seems to me that the people who say like that tries to justify their staying in thailand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NanaSomchai said:

This, totally and it won't be pretty this time around.

- Portugal: 87% overall vaccination rate, +28,659 which is a lot for a small country. Previous peak wave we had in January 2021, +11,500.

- France: 78% overall vaccination rate, +206,243 shows how inefficient current mRNA vaccines are. Previous peak wave was in November 2020, +60,000.

- Belgium: 77.1% overall vaccination rate, +13,876. Restrictions are kicking-in, work remotely from home is being enforced, etc.

- UK: 76.9% overall vaccination rate, +221,250. Need I say more?

Germany and Spain are not doing much better either.

Vaccines are stopping death and serious illness. UK, most people in hospital with covid and especially ICU are unvaccinated.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, smedly said:

in the UK that some will report to hospital or a doctor for a bad cold - seen it going on for years - and now with covid even more likely, positive ATK - bad cold .............better get to hospital quick - released in 3 days, was there really any need for them to be there ?, probably not, plus there is still overlap in the UK from delta - the overall picture is rather complex and confusing right now but one thing is becoming clearer - omicron is mild - not fatal and more like a bad cold

People in the UK never go to a hospital for a bad cold, how have you been seeing this for years, they would be promptly marched off the premises and told to visit a pharmacy/chemist or their registered GP. 

Fact is in winter hospitals tend to get a little busier with elderly patients attending with heart, blood and long standing vascular related decease brought on by the cold weather. That however is separate to actual covid admissions.

Agree 100% that Omicron is milder but it’s still at this point a problem while so many get it at the same  time. Perhaps when this wave is over attitudes and treatments for it will change but that cannot happen in the middle of a crisis.

20 minutes ago, NanaSomchai said:

I am going with what I have read and emerging data - we are not there yet, perhaps I should have made that clear, oh and vaccines are protecting the vast majority seemingly now from serious illness.

does that mean anyone including me should drop their guard - absolutely not and based on reading between the lines in Pattaya I will be modifying what I will be doing over the coming days like staying well clear of crowded venues etc 

is this looking more and more like a bad cold - well yes it is but we are not there yet, it will take a couple of weeks data collecting to confirm exactly what omicron is - for now it is trending positive but nobody should let their guard down 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

People in the UK never go to a hospital for a bad cold, how have you been seeing this for years, they would be promptly marched off the premises and told to visit a pharmacy/chemist or their registered GP. 

If there was no panedemic and covid then I would agree 

Here is the senario 

Right now pretty much everyone knows omicron has cold/flu symptoms 

Person gets a bad cold - oh this could be covid 

Does ATK Test - Positive 

Feeling really bad reports to hospital

Doctor has to admit because it is covid 

Person is assessed over 2 days 

Released on 3rd day because they are recovering and not ill enough to be there 

Going forward this senario could change rapidly - 

Feeling really bad reports to hospital - sent home 

People advised not to report to hospital unless XYZ

Edited by smedly

Here is the senario 

Does ATK Test - Positive 

Yes but the reason I responded was because you said it had been going on for years, so before the pandemic, that said you’ve already made your position clearer with another post and I agree with you on that.

2 hours ago, smedly said:

Here is the senario 

Does ATK Test - Positive 

Think you'll find you'll only be admitted if you have breathing difficulty or low oxygen saturation. When brother in law's girlfriend had covid, and she had pretty bad, she was given an oxygen saturation monitor and told to check it regularly. If it dropped below a certain level then she was to call hospital or ambulance service.

Thailand reports 3,011 new COVID-19 cases, 10 deaths, 3,315 recoveries

COV1.jpg

File photo

Thailand on Saturday (January 1) reported 3,011 new COVID-19 cases, 3,315 recoveries and 10 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1245168-thailand-reports-3011-new-covid-19-cases-10-deaths-3315-recoveries/ 

//CLOSED//

/Admin