What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

16 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I watched it last night as well and TBH I was a little disappointed and in some places it was "cringeworthy". I'm a big fan of the Marvel franchise and Chris Hemsworth, who usually gives a great performance as Thor but IMHO it went downhill after they wrote  3 major characters Odin, Loki & Heimdall (Anthony Hopkins, Tom Hiddlestone and Idris Elba - all quality actors) out.

You must not have watched the credits... Idris Elba was there as Heimdall in one of the two post-credits scenes.

I can't recall if Loki and Odin had fleeting parts or not, I'd have to watch it again.

6 hours ago, connda said:

Visually magnificent; horribly woke.

Definition of woke : past of wake, alert to injustice in society, especially racism and aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues.

Instead of being cryptic please give a proper review.

• Like 1

Emmy Award nominations 2022

Drama Series

Better Call Saul (AMC)

Euphoria  (HBO)

Ozark (Netflix)

Severance (Apple TV+)

Squid Game (Netflix)

Stranger Things (Netflix)

Succession (HBO)

Yellowjackets (Showtime)

Comedy Series

Abbott Elementary (ABC)

Barry (HBO)

Curb Your Enthusiasm (HBO)

Hacks (HBO)

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Amazon Prime Video)

Only Murders in the Building (Hulu)

Ted Lasso (Apple TV+)

What We Do in the Shadows (FX

Limited Series

Dopesick (Hulu)

The Dropout (Hulu)

Inventing Anna (Netflix)

Pam and Tommy (Hulu)

The White Lotus (HBO)

Television Movie

Chip ‘n’Dale: Rescue Rangers (Disney+)

Ray Donovan: The Movie (Showtime)

Reno 911!: The Hunt For QAnon (Paramount+)

The Survivor (HBO/HBO Max)

Zoey’s Extraordinary Christmas (The Roku Channel)

Competition Program

The Amazing Race (CBS)

Lizzo’s Watch Out for the Big Grrrls (Amazon Prime Video)

Nailed It! (Netflix)

RuPaul’s Drag Race”(VH1)

Top Chef (Bravo)

The Voice (NBC)

• Like 2

On 9/11/2022 at 2:44 PM, Jai Dee said:

Thor - Love and Thunder is now available (without hard coded Korean subs) in all formats including 4K at all usual sources.

I watched it with the missus last night... laughed all the way through... a very entertaining movie.

1118121054_Thorposter_opt.jpg.499922dfcfd974f1cd8f8603aeb030ce.jpg

I also thought it was very funny, although the fan base was apparently up in arms.

And the winners are...................Drum roll..........or Yawn.....

Outstanding drama series---"Succession

Outstanding comedy series--Ted Lasso

Outstanding limited series---The White Lotus

Outstanding competition series---Lizzo's Watch Out for the Big Grrrls

Following my decision to seek out and download a few older movies, last night I watched, "The Kingdom of Heaven" and although I could remember just a few parts of it, I thoroughly enjoyed it, so much so that I decided to do some research after watching it, and it was a surprise.

In the movie there was a king of Jerusalem, who was a leper, which I thought was made up for the movie, and there were other aspects of it which prompted me to do a bit more research after the movie finished, and I was very surprised at what I found – – for example, the Knights Templar, who I'd always thought of as being "the good guys" weren't anything like that and were catholic soldiers (best thing I could call them) who were very bloodthirsty.

Anyway still a very good watch for anybody willing to download it, which took me a long time because there were very few seeders!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Murdoch Mysteries----19th century crime --Season 16---just 3 episodes----- Everywhere

New series of Murdoch M.... now in its 15 year........ IMDB 8.8   ...(they have got to be kidding) 

In the 1890s, William Murdoch uses radical forensic techniques for the time, including fingerprinting and trace evidence, to solve some of the city's most gruesome murders.   https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1091909/ 

• Like 1

Other than Youtube, does anyone know where I can stream or download 3D SBS / Side By Side videos.

Polarized glasses , not 1 red/1 green lens glasses, and the video has 2 identical images side by side (in actuality/when not looking thru the glasses. The video image is not colored red and green).).

Edited by JimmyJ

On 9/12/2022 at 7:17 PM, LosLobo said:

Definition of woke : past of wake, alert to injustice in society, especially racism and aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues.

Instead of being cryptic please give a proper review.

He did - he was very clear - he hated it.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

Other than Youtube, does anyone know where I can stream or download 3D SBS / Side By Side videos.

Polarized glasses , not 1 red/1 green lens glasses, and the video has 2 identical images side by side (in actuality/when not looking thru the glasses. The video image is not colored red and green).).

https://filenetworks.blogspot.com/2011/07/3d-torrents-private-tracker-for-3d.html?m=1

Reddit seems to be a good place to post for up to date info - r/piracy - 

• Thanks 1

I'm not sure if anyone else has given it a mention but season 2 of 'Industry' started recently.

Based around the world of finance, in London.

Not much rock 'n roll but plenty of sex and drugs.

I found it to be an entertaining watch.

It can be found on TPB.

Edited by jaiyenyen

On 9/13/2022 at 7:35 AM, sanuk711 said:

Hacks (HBO)

Ted Lasso (Apple TV+)

Was sad to me that Only Murders in the Building did not win.  Comedy is very personal though, everyone laughs at different jokes and situations to a degree.

To me Curb Your Enthusiasm or Hacks are funnier than Ted Lasso as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

Three Thousand Years of Longing

Haven't watched all of it yet, but what I've seen so far I've enjoyed. It's a fairy tale for adults basically.

Available most places.

Watched last night, and not what you expect if you saw the trailer on IMDB.  

Nice having something different offered, even if 5 or 6/10 (my rating).  Enjoy both main actors, if not them, probably wouldn't have liked at all, or even gave it a pass.  Well done, but no shining moments.

Late chime in for new Thor ... one of worst movies I endured to the end, and wonder why I bothered.  Neither comedic, nor dramatic, so failed at both.  CGI is getting so boring now.  Surprised it's still 6.5 on IMDB.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, seedy said:

TPB

kl.jpg.2b09fc8a9436fadd1547be6c195e2967.jpg

Watched a couple of episodes of Kleo already, quite OK

First episode of the Serpent Queen is good and looks like it could be quite entertaining, don't get the 1080 version it is French with no subs, 720 is dubbed and has subs

Narco Saints is quite a good Korean drug story

By episode 4 the capture is starting to drag it out with over long unnecessary scenes but still quite good

We own this city  is shaping up to be a classic

• Like 1

On 9/13/2022 at 7:35 AM, sanuk711 said:

Emmy Award nominations 2022

Drama Series

Better Call Saul (AMC)

Euphoria  (HBO)

Ozark (Netflix)

Severance (Apple TV+)

Squid Game (Netflix)

Stranger Things (Netflix)

Succession (HBO)

Yellowjackets (Showtime)

Comedy Series

Abbott Elementary (ABC)

Barry (HBO)

Hacks (HBO)

Ted Lasso (Apple TV+)

Limited Series

Dopesick (Hulu)

The Dropout (Hulu)

Inventing Anna (Netflix)

Pam and Tommy (Hulu)

The White Lotus (HBO)

Television Movie

Chip ‘n’Dale: Rescue Rangers (Disney+)

Ray Donovan: The Movie (Showtime)

Reno 911!: The Hunt For QAnon (Paramount+)

The Survivor (HBO/HBO Max)

Zoey’s Extraordinary Christmas (The Roku Channel)

Competition Program

The Amazing Race (CBS)

Lizzo’s Watch Out for the Big Grrrls (Amazon Prime Video)

Nailed It! (Netflix)

RuPaul’s Drag Race”(VH1)

Top Chef (Bravo)

The Voice (NBC)

Has anyone watched Abbott Elementary or The Dropout and mind giving me their opinion if either are worth downloading? I have watched most of nomination that interested me but seemed to have missed any reviews of these 2 series.

On 9/7/2022 at 2:45 AM, BonMot said:

Can I get any encouragement to watch The Man in the high castle? I watched perhaps one episode maybe one and a half and I was bored to tears and thought it utterly stupid.

Obviously, some stories start off quite slowly and maybe even a bit disjointed. Second chance?

I didn't watch the series, but I did read the story.  It's not very long, it's more about the setting and situation (the Allies lost WWII, Japan and Germany have divvied up the US) than the character interplay, which means a lot gets lost in the dramatization.  Written in the 1950s.  The Japanese come off as the nice guys compared to that certain European country.  Well written, from the same author that wrote the story that became Blade Runner.

On 9/13/2022 at 9:26 PM, Mutt Daeng said:

I'm currently watching season 2 of The Capture on BBC iPlayer. Season 2 is even better than season 1 IMHO. Definitely worth a look. iPlayer has all episodes from seasons 1 & 2.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8201186/

Season 1 Ep 1-2-3 ... that hooks you in right away.

THANKS

• Like 2