What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

Ridley has only one or two episodes out so far and I'm not rushing to watch it but I will when the series  is complete but it is noticeable it has received  some stinking reviews.

I will also delay watching The Capture which I expect to be as good as Series one. So I am filling my time with Resident Alien which gets excellent  reviews and indeed has some good ideas in it but suffers a bit from unlikely  casting and all the ills associated  with it.

On 8/29/2022 at 7:39 AM, sanuk711 said:

Watched first episode of  "Ridley" that Will27 posted on --thought it was quite good.

4 episodes out everywhere.

-------------------------------------------

Do you mean Ridley Road? It's on P Bay and iPlayer.

Murder in a Small Town

RAR

A new two-part Channel 5 docuseries re-examines the case of Jodi Jones, who was killed in woods near Easthouses, Midlothian, 18 years ago.

Murder in a Small Town, which began last night (24 February), takes another look at the case against Luke Mitchell, convicted of brutally murdering his girlfriend in 2003, a claim he denies.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2022 at 7:09 PM, recom273 said:

A new series of The Capture aired last night on BBC

The first series was interesting, I cant remember so much about it, from 2019 - about deep fakes, some squaddie was accused of a murder he didnt commit .. ring any bells?

Yes it was excellent and series two promises to be good  also.

• Like 1

Just finished 'Sniper: The White Raven'. I can't believe IMDb only gave it a 5.8/10. Well worth more.

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, recom273 said:

another series of Bloodlands

look out for a new Grand Tour in Scandinavia too. 

Let's hope BL2 is better than BL1. I fear not. One wonders if  Mercurio has shot his  wad and have we seen enough of James Nesbitt. Or people expect  too much out of them

Edited by The Hammer2021

11 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I agree @IvorBiggun2. IMDB ratings are to be taken with a pinch of salt IMHO. I enjoyed watching it.

IMO, IMDB and Rotten Tomtoes give a decent opinion of most shows.

Generally, if something has really bad reviews from a lot of people, it's pretty bad.

There are exceptions due to personal taste etc, but I think you usually get a decent idea.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I agree @IvorBiggun2. IMDB ratings are to be taken with a pinch of salt IMHO. I enjoyed watching it.

Indeed, I once read a review for a movie on IMDB and someone wrote a review complaining that in order to follow the movie he had to actually use his brain and think.

He didn't like that one bit - the result being - 1 out of 10 for the movie.....

• Like 2

INDUSTRY The best series I have seen in ages is a drama  about the banking industry. The protagonists when not having sex,  snorting coke, smoking meth, dropping pills, taking sex selfies, eating exquisite food in the lush Michelin guide restaurants of London - are working in a bank. Creating, selling,  producing, complex financial instuments in million  pound deals peddled on a word and handshake. They inhabit the world of old money aristocracy, the barrow  boy bruiser, academia, high culture and the  rough trade noveaux rich. BUT THIS IS NOT THE 80s when cocaine fueled the city. Its post 2008 and actual takes in the covid era. A brilliantly written script of arcane dialogue spoken  by the drug fueled wheelers dealer characters who are foul  mouthed, driven and troubled and sexualy promiscuous.
One of the  best, most addictive series I have watched in a long  time.
Great dialogue: ' As one trader speaks to his female colleague: "Listen you c**t I worry about you as much I worry about climate change."
Brilliant!

• Like 2