What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

2 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom was a film by the political  film maker Passolini. Its an examination of nature of fascism referencing the Nazi occupations  and  Salo but it cross references The Marquis De Sade and The Divine Comedy and other  literary works. I saw it in 1978 but as it had been banned, even the  censored version only academics at private cinemas could view it. The film involves  horrible scenes of degradation  and torture. We left the cinema in London, stunned and went for a meal in Chinatown but non of us could eat. It was Passolinis last movie. I have not seen it since but it came to mind when reading about Clockwork Orange  here on this forum. Has anybody seen it- even the cut censored version?

Of course I've seen it 

It was as you say so I don't know if cut or not. I think not. 

On Clockwork Orange one of my top all time favorites along with Fellini Satyricon.

Does anyone remember O Lucky Man and Greaser's Palace?

Edited by Jingthing

I'm very pleased with and can recommend a great Australian drama called The Twelve. It's a jury room and courtroom drama with additional  narrative to the main story because the individual jurors have backstories running parallel to the main story which has both pdepth and darkness. It would  be pretty good if it were an American  or British production but it has a bit of an extra dimension due to  its antipodean setting and characters. Ozzie villains are such  fun and there is a special  type of sleazy villain quite dissimilar to their British  and American equivalents. This was a good gripping drama of 10 episodes. Not perfect but well worth  checking out

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I'm very pleased with and can recommend a great Australian drama called The Twelve. It's a jury room and courtroom drama with additional  narrative to the main story because the individual jurors have backstories running parallel to the main story which has both pdepth and darkness. It would  be pretty good if it were an American  or British production but it has a bit of an extra dimension due to  its antipodean setting and characters. Ozzie villains are such  fun and there is a special  type of sleazy villain quite dissimilar to their British  and American equivalents. This was a good gripping drama of 10 episodes. Not perfect but well worth  checking out

Based on the Belgium series which was very good.

Available on TPB with hard-coded subs.

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Of course I've seen it 

It was as you say so I don't know if cut or not. I think not. 

On Clockwork Orange one of my top all time favorites along with Fellini Satyricon.

Does anyone remember O Lucky Man and Greaser's Palace?

Copy on TPB 1 hr 56 mins

48 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Watched first episode of  "Ridley" that Will27 posted on --thought it was quite good.

4 episodes out everywhere.

-------------------------------------------

Are you sure about that?

I can only find episode 1.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

Watched first episode of  "Ridley" that Will27 posted on --thought it was quite good.

4 episodes out everywhere.

-------------------------------------------

Can only find Episode 1, everywhere.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

Watched Thirteen lives last night, very good and way better than the previous two movie attempts at the rescue 

We finally binned Maverick Top gun 2 after three attempts to watch it.

I did suffer TG2 through to the bitter end, but must have fast forwarded most of it waiting for it to improve. It didn't.

• Haha 1

Found this movie that I had not seen before from 2007

Amazing Grace - Story of William Wilberforce  and his efforts to abolish the slave trade. 

Thoroughly enjoyed something different and some great acting, actors.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Crna Svadba AKA Black Wedding

TPB with hard coded subs.

Episode 1 was good.

Couldn't find a trailer with subs.

Investigating the bloody massacre in the far away village, inspector Petar finds himself at the centre of a conflict with the forces of darkness.

• Thanks 1

I'm currently watching 3 seasons (half way through season 2) of Touching Evil, which is a crime drama set in the UK, following the exploits of the Organised & Serial Crime Unit, which is a rapid response police force squad. It's pretty good IMHO and well worth a look. It has a decent cast and good standard of acting. I got it from TGx.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118497/

2 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I'm currently watching 3 seasons (half way through season 2) of Touching Evil, which is a crime drama set in the UK, following the exploits of the Organised & Serial Crime Unit, which is a rapid response police force squad. It's pretty good IMHO and well worth a look. It has a decent cast and good standard of acting. I got it from TGx.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118497/

Ta...I'm not sure I've heard  of it.

Ah it's by Paul Abbot who wrote  shameless,  cracker etc. So it should be good.

'No Offense' one of his most recent productions  was excellent

• Like 2

Some youtube videos have been removed, although interesting and you might be watching them now they are not really in the spirit of this forum which is about movies

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Suspect

RAR

It follows Doctor Joe O'Loughlin, who appears to have the perfect life - a devoted wife, a loving daughter, successful practice as a clinical psychologist, media profile and a publishing deal. He's even a hero online after rescuing a young patient who was ready to jump from the tenth floor of the hospital where Joe works.When a young woman is found in a shallow grave in a West London cemetery, veteran police officer DI Vincent Ruiz and his young partner DS Riya Devi are assigned to the investigation.

9 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

More woke, less naked women, and the actors/actress are all a bit ugly/odd looking.

Watched Samaritan with Sly Stallone as an aging superhero.

Not bad at all.

Thanks. I don't like Dragons or Superheroes. Or magical schoolkids, or Irish dwarfs. 

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1