Only 250,000 international travelers arrived in December reports Government

ASEAN NOW News

8 hours ago, WHansen said:

Likewise. Just came back from four days in Kanchanaburi town, other than everyone wearing masks and fewer customers it was close to business as usual. Had a fantastic time ????

Are you judging that business on a normal day or on a holiday day ? A normal day could well be 80% down on a normal holiday day.

7 hours ago, HAPPYNUFF said:

Unless my Chinese calculator is wrong,  adding  up the  numbers given here comes to  109,801  arrivals..... What was the nationality of the missing  141,194   from the total of   251,00   quoted, or is  Tourism Thailand using an even  older  Chinese calculator??

Please dont ask logical questions, these are forbidden under new Thai constitution!

After xmas, a bunch of airlines cut most of their BKK flights...  (I just looked up Cathay, Singapore air & Eva, China Airlines, Taipei still aren't open for transit)...  Looking forward to the Jan/Feb numbers...

Edited by Saddic

14 hours ago, Henryford said:

How many of those were just transits, people going on to less restricted countries.

I don't know about less restricted but they do count people transiting as incoming tourists.

I've heard they also count planes entering Thai airspace.