Taxi to Pattaya

aussiexpat

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Which one is the Mrs? ????

I wish, no-one love me yet after 3 years of taxi pre-covid...probably because I now sleep all the way to Pattaya lol

Edited by aussiexpat

Good info. I have a driver to meet me now after so many years here but in general  taxis from Suvanapoomi are now civilised. There is a receited  queuing system with details of the taxi and driver. The prices are set. Regarding speeding and poor driving: sometimes its necessary to ask the driver  to slow down or get off his mobile phone. This has never caused a problem.

17 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Regarding speeding and poor driving: sometimes its necessary to ask the driver  to slow down or get off his mobile phone. This has never caused a problem.

Nah, no seat belts in back seat and I asked drivers doing 150km to slow down and they just ignored me...not speak English... I was terrified of my taxi rides until I found Nams 

Edited by aussiexpat

12 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Cha Cha is the Thai word for slow down.

Nams means I don't need Thai words, they all speak good English and they also follow the speed limit lol 

Edited by aussiexpat

2 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Nah, no seat belts in back seat and I asked drivers doing 150km to slow down and they just ignored me...not speak English... I was terrified of my taxi rides until I found Nams 

You can check the taxi first you know! These days the registered,  licenced, bona fide taxis are pretty good. And now we have BOLT taxis around Pattaya  are cheap. But I like the  sound of Nams taxis.

42 minutes ago, bbko said:

150 kph?  I've seen cars doing 120 on the motorway, an occasional 130 but never seen anyone going 150.

Are you for real, taxi always does over 140 kph, that's my point...terrifying 

1 hour ago, bbko said:

150 kph?  I've seen cars doing 120 on the motorway, an occasional 130 but never seen anyone going 150.

How would you know they're not going 150. I drive on the 7 motorway at 120 and getting passed at high rates happens.

1 hour ago, aussiexpat said:

Are you for real, taxi always does over 140 kph, that's my point...terrifying 

Never in my experience had a driver going at that speed. They go at the speed I want. Never met a driver  who didn't speak basic 'driver' English and understand 'slow down'

• Like 1

5 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

The first Thai phrase I learnt was cha cha...... Very useful

• Like 1

I'll second the recommendation.  I had to go to Chaeng Wattana last month and remembered the name mention in a thread for a few years ago.  

Both times the drivers from Nams had arrived early and were already waiting outside come the pickup time.  The price was also cheaper than it would have been with Bolt.

• Like 1