Chonburi Governor releases late night updated orders around Covid-19 and food and beverage establishments

Jonathan Fairfield

2 minutes ago, Gsxrnz said:

My bar had a bag full of test kits on sale for 60B.  Apparently the idea is that you do a test there and then, scan the QR code on the packet, and you're good-to-go for 72 hours.

That actually sounds practical..... but I thought the test kits were somewhat more expensive. And if this silly requirement remains it won't be long before there are non to be found..... there's a bloody queue at immigration as far as Beach Rd when they take a single day off here!

The UK is suffering test kit shortages now.

30 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I must have had my head up my xxx when I read this yesterday..... thinking 'no impact on me'.... but me and the Mrs go out to eat locally at least twice a week. Now we are both required to turn up with test results.... or the restaurant itself must perform tests on-site? That is ridiculous. It was impractical before (restaurants serving alcohol being expected to limit numbers and other rules). THis is a knee jerk reaction in panic. Everyone knew many Pattaya's bars would be open pretty much as normal when the alcohol situation was relaxed... ridiculous to expect anything else over the Christmas and New Year period. 

A mess of their own making.

Its a damm if you damm if you don't he will get flack either way. Had he closed the bars there would be people moaning and now there are people moaning. You can't do this right anyway. 

• Confused 4
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, smedly said:

pratical - are you kidding, who is qualified to do the test - barcode linked to what exactly, most people don't spend all night in one venue - there is nothing remotely workable about this - it is pure nonsense

I'm only guessing, but I suspect that it may be linked to the mor-chana app.  So you'll do the test and then upload the QR code to the app, which will link to your passport and vaccination info etc.

Otherwise I see no way in which anybody can legitimately prove they have a valid get out of jail free card.

Let's hope somebody is brave enough to do it and report back accordingly.

1 minute ago, hotandsticky said:

It is totally appropriate that governors impose additional requirements where they deem it necessary. That is what they are expected and empowered to do.

It doesn't seem to suit your agenda but I bet you would moan like Hell if the government introduced a blanket approach.

What agenda do suppose I have then? I'll wait on that one with interest

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

That actually sounds practical..... but I thought the test kits were somewhat more expensive. 

I bought a box of 25 off Lazada as my daughter needs to do one every week for school. Worked out at 39 baht each. Boots, Fascino's etc are a rip off but Mr DIY are quite cheap. The one's doing them at the bar probably get them off Lazada and then put a 50% mark up. 

• Thanks 2