Chonburi Governor releases late night updated orders around Covid-19 and food and beverage establishments

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, WEBBYB808 said:

So, lip flapping wont work!  So, they should shut down again to curb the growing  and confirmed escalation  of covid cases?  And cases of violence  that have escalated  since alcoholic mongers have returned!

you are border line "ignore" button which I use on people who offer no intelligent value to the discussion

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bang saen guy said:

Meanwhile, the governor is laughing his butt off thinking "I wonder what hoops I can make these fools jump through next?" All about control. Face it, folks, Covid can not be stopped completely.

Think everyone knows you cannot stop it. It's about stopping health systems becoming stretched and over run. Like a dam, hold the water back and control the release and rivers below are controlled. Open the dam or it collapses and rivers below flood and cause damage. Time will tell if lack of testing in Thailand is the correct approach, just watch the hospital numbers over the next few weeks. If they are manageable then Thailand got it right.

Edited by Petey11

11 hours ago, bang saen guy said:

Meanwhile, the governor is laughing his butt off thinking "I wonder what hoops I can make these fools jump through next?" All about control. Face it, folks, Covid can not be stopped completely.

The idiot governor should have never allowed this travesty of opening bars as restaurants.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, James105 said:

How many have died from Omicron specifically vs how many have had it and can you back it up with a link?  

Note the word in bold is "from" and not "with".   I don't think there is a single example of anyone in the world who has died "from" this variant but happy to be corrected if you can supply the evidence for your claim that people are dying from Omicron.

The problem is that the available data does not distinguish between an Omicron death and a Delta death.

13 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

So, lip flapping wont work!  So, they should shut down again to curb the growing  and confirmed escalation  of covid cases?  And cases of violence  that have escalated  since alcoholic mongers have returned!

Well usually not.... these snap decisions come and go and we usually have to wait for the dust to settle. I expect the surge in infections in the Banglamung area will force their hand to do something though....

What, other than the single Treetown event of violence , are you aware of? Any involving the alcoholic mongers?

15 hours ago, Petey11 said:

Think everyone knows you cannot stop it. It's about stopping health systems becoming stretched and over run. Like a dam, hold the water back and control the release and rivers below are controlled. Open the dam or it collapses and rivers below flood and cause damage. Time will tell if lack of testing in Thailand is the correct approach, just watch the hospital numbers over the next few weeks. If they are manageable then Thailand got it right.

Manageable!  You really believe the numbers?  Let me ask you this.  Do you have contact with people in other province's or Villages?  If so have you asked how rampant the spread is there now?  Do you know that its balloning in Issan?  You really think propaganda  in the media isnt a real thing.  Just like there are other sicknesses  happening  here.  Look at how high Hep a and other viral disease are here.  This already takes up much of the health system.  True Covid is going to be around and we have to forge forward, but opening the country to fast for two reasons, greed and pleasure  is not the answer.  Everyone needs to think bigger than Covid when it comes to the health care system and how small it is.  Once the worlds levels are at a manageable  level is the time to open.  The whole world knows why so many people come to Thailand.   Many come for pleasure,  and most arent here to sightsee. some come to exploit the law and people.   But You, I , and Everyone else are knowledgeable that the alcoholic  monger out out of the desire for pleasure  are the main ones who returned  to Thailand.   They not only brought Covid, but STDs. And other viruses  with them.  Many are hard workers, and earn a days wage working tough jobs in their home countries.  They arent the cream of society who are taught manners, hygiene,  or etiquette.   No, the majarity are alcoholic mongers.  The world takes all kinds and to have a healthy world we need people like that. 

The Black Plague before was passed along by poor hygiene,  and sanitation  as a main road to perpetuating its strife.  Now, we are in 21rst century  and still people ignore or haven't  been taught how to protect themselves and others.  Example a gentleman  wrote the other day a lady in a public place removed her mask to sneeze, then put the mask back on.  Another  example a waitress is rolling  silverware  in napkins.  She snezzes , covers her sneeze with her hands but goes roght back to rolling up napkins.   In a developing  country and others Hep A is prevalent,  and its here.  Sobare other viruses which are also on the rise because  the country isn't  ready to open.  The world isnt rrady, ignoring  that rushing to open any country for pleasure or greed is reckless and  speaks volumes  about those that would be savage to fill their pockest or empty their loins.  But you are right there comes a pint it needs to move forward but to rush it when the worlds not there is just wrong to the rest of humanity.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Well usually not.... these snap decisions come and go and we usually have to wait for the dust to settle. I expect the surge in infections in the Banglamung area will force their hand to do something though....

What, other than the single Treetown event of violence , are you aware of? Any involving the alcoholic mongers?

You can go on you tube or Tik tok and look up the many incidents.   Mostly drunks fighting drunks around that area.  Also the media thread here has several incidents 

16 hours ago, smedly said:

you are border line "ignore" button which I use on people who offer no intelligent value to the discussion

Thank you.  I knew I could count on a fellow intellect to deflect.  Its sad I been here since the start of this covid cycle  observing and witnessing many yhings I continue  to share and reply to come to pass.  Just like I know people are underestimating the Omicron which by the way is killing people, and people are forgetting that other viruses  and bacteria  haven't  went away, and they too still fill the hospital's.   Have people forgotten Hepititis or HIV still exist  and are in the country?  But as the two factors drive tge country  Pleasue and Greed seem to drive the country's  opening you and others choose to negate tge truth and just want the world to open.  Well who doesn't?  But you dont throw caution to the wind for greed or pleasure,  well t shouldn't  happen, but then again we dont live in that kind of world.   This world here sure is greed and pleasure.   Thank you for choosing the ignore button.  I feel empowered that I actually have a solid thought and history  backs up those predictions,  but you go ahead put your head in the ground.  It will all go away.

3 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

You can go on you tube or Tik tok and look up the many incidents.   Mostly drunks fighting drunks around that area.  Also the media thread here has several incidents 

I have not heard of many recent incidents though.... sure, we had plenty of loud mouthed drunks getting themselves into bother in the pre-Covid past.....and bully boy security staff teaching them manners too.......

Wouldn't waste a moment of my time on Tik-Tok.

6 hours ago, Joinaman said:

any numbers and details of who is actually dying from this variant ?

Really!  You mean to tell me you can't  read?  I suggest you check out multiple media sources.   Being ignorant of the facts or attempting to negate them, doesn't change the reality that it is happening.   You also are being narrow minded if you dont realize how much other sickness and issues are hindereding people from getting in to medical facilities  therefore indirectly  also causing people to die.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

Really!  You mean to tell me you can't  read?  I suggest you check out multiple media sources.   Being ignorant of the facts or attempting to negate them, doesn't change the reality that it is happening.   You also are being narrow minded if you dont realize how much other sickness and issues are hindereding people from getting in to medical facilities  therefore indirectly  also causing people to die.

hey probably poverty and mental health brought on by lockdowns suits you in the i am all right jack, i like it quite camp

11 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

Over 5000 today when a week ago onder 3000.  11 reported  deaths.  But still how many will die because  beds fill up?

Screenshot_20220106-095506_Thailand News in English.jpg

7 hours ago, tomyami said:

hey probably poverty and mental health brought on by lockdowns suits you in the i am all right jack, i like it quite camp

No, I just feel one life lost that could been saved is too much.  Poverty  and mental health are here no matter what.  I actually  traveled  around Thailand during  Covid.  There was so much new construction  projects started, and so much seemed normal all over Thailand  except  where the tourist  were missing.  The people that drive their bike to extort money from touist needing a lift, yes they hurt.  People's  making money on their backs, hurt a littke as they went to social media apps, hotel people hurt, but not all.  The Thais who have lived in thier villages  most of their lives, know where to get food, what to do to live a comfortable  life for them.  Just because  the easy big bucks slowed down doesn't  mean things were good in other parts.  Look at the criteria for working bar.  Lazy, alcoholic,  loves sex... yes some of them hurt, but I know many that got fat during covid.  If you guage mental health and poverty  during covid on tourist cities then you are missing the bigger picture.   It only hurt the ones who depend on extortion of tourist.

• Confused 3

17 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

so just your opinion then, no facts to back up ?

If its happening, please show all us ignorant and illiterate people  , so we can see for ourselves, how many are dying from this Omicron virus 

if the government stopped putting healthy people in the hospitals and let them isolate at home, there would be no problem for people to access medical care

My lady is isolating at hospital, perfectly healthy, but has been tested positive, but not allowed to come home and isolate with me . so who is causing this so called problem ?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

Over 5000 today when a week ago onder 3000.  11 reported  deaths.  But still how many will die because  beds fill up?

Screenshot_20220106-095506_Thailand News in English.jpg

Covid cases ??

any facts on how many deaths from this Omicron virus, or are they all counted as the same virus now, just like flu ?

any more Facts" on what ages, healths of these people who died ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

Just bought a test, took it and registered it on their website.

Now I'm saving the test and take a photo of the same test and upload it every 3 days.

Which Website is this? 

I bought 6 testkits (couldn't find them anywhere in Central Festival & ended up getting them from my local FamilyMart for 49THB each) but only plan on using them when I have to, i.e. If me or the GF show any symptoms or we need them to enter somewhere where we really want to go. 

On 1/6/2022 at 2:20 AM, tomyami said:

Heres the statistics  and facts but I am sure you will disagree.   But here it is in print.

Screenshot_20220108-112249_The Thaiger.jpg

On 1/7/2022 at 5:35 AM, Mike Teavee said:

Which Website is this? 

I bought 6 testkits (couldn't find them anywhere in Central Festival & ended up getting them from my local FamilyMart for 49THB each) but only plan on using them when I have to, i.e. If me or the GF show any symptoms or we need them to enter somewhere where we really want to go. 

There was a QR code on the package that took me to the registration site. 

First I had to create a new user. 

Login and take a photo of me and the test and the test itself. 

My site is www.hipbiotech.com

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

There was a QR code on the package that took me to the registration site. 

First I had to create a new user. 

Login and take a photo of me and the test and the test itself. 

My site is www.hipbiotech.com

Thanks

On 1/6/2022 at 7:09 PM, PoorSucker said:

Just bought a test, took it and registered it on their website.

Now I'm saving the test and take a photo of the same test and upload it every 3 days.

Good to see you are doing your bit towards achieving herd immunity.  ????  

On 1/2/2022 at 9:11 AM, mikebell said:

So bars are open as normal if they are restaurants?  I read a Go-Go bar re-named itself a bistro!

Yes, a few gogos on soi Cowboy are open as bistros - eating and drinking outside with attractive servers, but obviously no dancing!

• Like 1