Chonburi Governor releases late night updated orders around Covid-19 and food and beverage establishments

Jonathan Fairfield

2 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Exactly my point. But even further...most ain't checking. They don't care. By now they're gonna take all profits before being shuttered again.

Think maybe you have directed your question at the wrong poster.

I hope others read and have an answer.   Is this test thing just for two days?

2 hours ago, Joinaman said:

i tested positive after travelling round Bangkok

refused to take a test unless they allowed me to isolate at my own home, not in the hospital

Took a while and a lot of arguing with them, but they eventually agreed

So now on day 3 of my 12 day quarantine in my home, with delivery of lots of tablet, blood pressure monitor, oxygen tester, and temperature  thermometer thingy. Twice a day i take the pills, test my levels, photo the results and send them to the hospital doctor

The Omicron , for me, is so mild, i just thought it was a cold, but with a sore throat, it wasnt till a friend told me she tested positive in the bar that i went to get checked out

Been about 6 days now since i got it, and feeling perfectly fine now, so seems a massive over reaction for something so minor for the majority of people 

Yes, i have both vaccinations, but no booster

I hope you are correct and that its minor

3 hours ago, Guderian said:

Well it's a good job that so many bars are open illegally (and have plenty of customers, too), so they can happily ignore this new level of Thai insanity. Not good news for the restaurants, though.

This could be the problem the governor will face. Spreading like wildfire in the bars but they are all registered as restaurants. If he chooses to want to close bars he will have to shut the true restaurants as well, penalising them even though they haven't fueled the covid fire.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, shdmn said:

Nobody has fueled anything.  If you are still breathing you will most likely get it no matter what.  Doesn't matter what you do or don't do.  Doesn't matter what they close or don't close.  Doesn't matter whether people are allowed to travel or not.  Doesn't matter how many jabs they give everyone.  As long as you have 2 or 3 western ones and in reasonable health you are protect from hospitalization and that's all that matters.

And at this time how many Thais have had 2 or 3 western vaccinations, that may be the problem facing the authorities.

13 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

And either way... how's it ever gonna be enforced? They ain't checking ???? here in Jomtien that I've noticed. Walk in, sit down, order drink...drink and order more. Same as yesterday. These beer bar "restaurants" ain't gonna adhere and I don't blame them. The covidiots-in-charge will prob shut em down again. 

We all know that those requirements are impractical.... just flapping of lips. what we have to worry over is a shutdown order..... they will of course wait until the long holiday weekend is behind us. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

We all know that those requirements are impractical.... just flapping of lips. what we have to worry over is a shutdown order..... they will of course wait until the long holiday weekend is behind us. 

I honestly cannot see any other choice, and all those tourists who ignored the rules will be long gone in 2 weeks time and the bars that also ignored the rules will be shut 

the only light at the end of this long tunnel is that omicron is the end of this pandemic as early signs are indicating - lets hope

• Like 1

On 1/2/2022 at 8:51 AM, JustAnotherHun said:

That's the point.

It might or will be enforced at the food places of the malls, All the other restaurants too?

I'll be out today for a late lunch in an italian restaurant. If they really want me to test before entry, I'll turn around and go back home.

So what happened ??

• Like 1

A post with a link to a a highly questionable source has been removed:

Overall, we rate BitChute extreme right and Questionable based on the promotion of conspiracy theories, propaganda, hate speech, poor sourcing, fake news, and a lack of transparency. This source is not credible for accurate information and may be offensive to some (most)

A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency, and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for profit or influence  Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact-checked on a per-article basis.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Banana7 said:

How much did you pay for the kit? Which brand of kit? Which pharmacy?

The brand is called Health Impact.

Made in China.

Cost B85.

Local nondescript pharmacy,  but they all have them, even 711 and Lotus.

Pharmacist had 2 brands to offer, one a bit cheaper but said this was the best.

15 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

What a great report.

Any cough or feelings of lack of Oxygen?

Time to binge on Netflix.

Sounds like you're doing great.

not now, but had a bit of a cough and sore throat for the first few day, plus a runny nose forst thing in the morning 

no problem with breathing or oxygen 

now, im feeling perfectly fine, but they insist i have to stay till the 12th 

my missus is in hospital with it too, she only had one vaccination, so shes got it a bit worse than me, but still not bad, just more of a cough thats lasting longer

she chose to isolate in hospital, but the check up and service cannot be faulted from the staff, 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

I hope you are correct and that its minor

so far so good, feel perfectly fine now, 

as i said, if nobody had told me, i would have assumed it was just a cold or mild flu and carried on with my life

which is exactly what my two sons appear to have done

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Odinrex said:

Hey Orchidfan, PM me the photo? I take it there's no name or anything showing, so I can just use yours, swearing I am negative, or at least feeling so...:)

Sorry,  would love to but it's akin to giving out/selling fake vaccine certificates.

Not worth going to jail for and being deported ????

54 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

As predicted and verified by me yesterday and today...not real at all thus far around Jomtien Beach. Indoor and outdoor restaurants and bars are open and serving alcohol. No checks of any sort. Some have temperature check devices, but just for show. Everyone strolls right on past 'em! Me too. ????????

They can all happily claim ignorance at the moment until the police tell them otherwise.   Technically the bars are not even allowed to be open but due to the advice from BiB they went ahead and did so anyway even though the rules did not technically allow it.   It's all a bit confusing since these new rules only apply to "restaurants" as these are the only places officially allowed to open and sell alcohol so the bars will just be flouting another rule on top of the rules they are already flouting.   

If the police have the power to not enforce the rules, then does it really matter what the rules actually are?

10 hours ago, Petey11 said:

And at this time how many Thais have had 2 or 3 western vaccinations, that may be the problem facing the authorities.

Exactly!  Stop thinking about the individual  and think about the local people.  Or is your pleasure  more important?

26 minutes ago, James105 said:

They can all happily claim ignorance at the moment until the police tell them otherwise.   Technically the bars are not even allowed to be open but due to the advice from BiB they went ahead and did so anyway even though the rules did not technically allow it.   It's all a bit confusing since these new rules only apply to "restaurants" as these are the only places officially allowed to open and sell alcohol so the bars will just be flouting another rule on top of the rules they are already flouting.   

If the police have the power to not enforce the rules, then does it really matter what the rules actually are?

Don't  worry.  The Omicron variant  is killing people and in Chonburi,  Banglamung  the cases are climbing.   The evil pimps and bars will have to close again soon and will be prevented  from exploiting  the ladies and customers  a little longer.  But the live streams on line a virtual  drinks will continue.   So saps all over the world will still be sending girls cash but it will be mostly  going to the pimps 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, jacko45k said:

So, lip flapping wont work!  So, they should shut down again to curb the growing  and confirmed escalation  of covid cases?  And cases of violence  that have escalated  since alcoholic mongers have returned!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, WEBBYB808 said:

Yes!  Seems pleasure  before saftey  rules.  Good issue.  People are dying from Omicron 

How many have died from Omicron specifically vs how many have had it and can you back it up with a link?  

Note the word in bold is "from" and not "with".   I don't think there is a single example of anyone in the world who has died "from" this variant but happy to be corrected if you can supply the evidence for your claim that people are dying from Omicron.

Edited by James105
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, James105 said:

How many have died from Omicron specifically 

32 minutes ago, WEBBYB808 said:

People are dying from Omicron 

Extremely few. Yes, there have been deaths from Omicron, but not many. All preliminary studies show that although more prolific in spreading...lower hospitalizations and deaths resulting from this variant. Google it and see  WSJ, Reuters and others have recent articles on this very subject. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WEBBYB808 said:

People are dying from Omicron 

let me say that properly for you

people infected with omicron have died

and here is a question for you

how many people have died from omicron and show source of data

• Like 2