Chonburi Governor releases late night updated orders around Covid-19 and food and beverage establishments

Jonathan Fairfield

2 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

You really think you are getting accurate numbers.  Didn't you learn anything  from history  about the power of the media?  I can tell you the numbers have always been slanted.  Many are taking the test at home, testing positive,  and not reporting  to hospital  or anywhere.  

I don’t doubt the announced figures are way below the actual number of cases. My point was that the declared number is the one the governor has to be seen to act on and will be judged on by those higher up the bureaucratic tree. As with many things in the Land of Masks, appearances are everything.

Edited by Orac

I am so angry right now! I have just canceled my 1 night Test & Go which I can't get back as Thai Pass suspended. Thailand changing rules daily should be told to everyone in the World so that no- one comes. I've never hated a country as much as I do now.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, aussiexpat said:

3rd time I've cancelled my Pattaya home coming. Won't be doing a 4th

Anyone want a cheap Condo?

Until everyone gets two shots and a booster, it won't get better with people arriving from overseas with the virus.

• Sad 2

It will be a case of eat in your own room or be like Thais who like to turn up at jomtienbeach with a pick up of half a kitchen. on the beach or footpath and consume food for several hours .. don't think I,ll do the latter..food consumed and a lot of air  exhaled 

11 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

I am so angry right now! I have just canceled my 1 night Test & Go which I can't get back as Thai Pass suspended. Thailand changing rules daily should be told to everyone in the World so that no- one comes. I've never hated a country as much as I do now.  

Because Thailand has controling dictators in control and the Thai public are generally believing of over reaction ..pretty easily scared 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Really not worth the effort.

I'd rather get a take away and go back home, than risk a (possibly false) positive test and have to face the consequences.

So its 150 thb per person  before you enter a place to eat.  A family of 4 is 600thb just to walk in order food

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

You may never see each other again due to the relentless covidiocy.

Hardly think any but the most hi-so of establishments will actually be doing any checking. If any are, will just take my money next door where they aren't.

Exactly!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, WEBBYB808 said:

No, it hasn't!  You really think people are going to take the test?  You really think they can enforce this?  They dont have the force to make sure the bars are legally  opened, and you think this will get enforced?

Doesn't matter. I've already canceled a 6 month trip based on this news, I'm sure others will do the same.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Act in haste, repent at leisure..

You have been posting for weeks about returning and now you cancel? When you had about the best deal possible..1 night in quarantine...

And you are sure you are better off in Australia, where it's far from non-existent..

• Like 2

Just now, aussiexpat said:

Doesn't matter. I've already canceled a 6 month trip based on this news, I'm sure others will do the same.

I don't  think so.  It's a Sausage  fest now with the odds being 20 men to each lady in Pattaya.  So, the lady, and this is what's  happening,  gets it from one man, she passes it on to the others.  Then she interacts with villagers, who havent been vaccinated,  and it just goes.  The hard core monger and alcoholic,   threw saftey out the window for their own pleasure.  The locals just needed the money.  Even without covid things less dangerous  get passed around all the time, and a Thais attitude  is, "I need money!"  "What can I do?"  "If I die, I die!"  Surely  others know this.

• Confused 1

Test kits are only about 60B (on shopee) and the tests are good for 3 days. That equates to 20b a day. Hopefully that's not going to crimp your budget. 60B is about the price of a small beer on beach road at happy hour.

They had free testing at treetown yesterday, but if you test positive, they grab you and away you go to ??? Best to test yourself and isolate if positive, if you have been vaccinated.

Edited by Banana7
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, smedly said:

OMG, stupidity goes to level I never thought possible, this is not going to work.

WHO IS PROFITING FROM ATK's is the QUESTION THAT NEEDS answered

also

how effective are Chinese sourced ATK'S at detecting omicron

some concerns have been raised with test kits in the west with reports of false negatives

Einstein said, the difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has a limit...

• Like 1