Chonburi Governor releases late night updated orders around Covid-19 and food and beverage establishments

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Can't say I noticed anything different at the Mall this morning.... coffee places serving as per usual..... is the new regs going to be applied only to venues serving alcohol?

Same here in my favorite italian restaurant. Business as usual. Maybe the didn't realise yet ????

Edited by JustAnotherHun

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Can't say I noticed anything different at the Mall this morning.... coffee places serving as per usual..... is the new regs going to be applied only to venues serving alcohol?

And either way... how's it ever gonna be enforced? They ain't checking ???? here in Jomtien that I've noticed. Walk in, sit down, order drink...drink and order more. Same as yesterday. These beer bar "restaurants" ain't gonna adhere and I don't blame them. The covidiots-in-charge will prob shut em down again. 

Just this very minute, messaged with a friend of mine who is the owner of a very popular Indian restaurant in Pattaya. I just ate there last night and drank numerous beers with my meal. His response just now was...he knows nothing official about it and they are not required, as they haven't been notified of any such thing. This guy is by the book, follow the rules. And I know because I tried to get him to slip me a coffee mug full of beer/wine a few times in the past. No way..not even for me. 

Just now, Jingthing said:

Don Pepes is advertising daily testing of staff.

Inconsistency is hardly o surprise...in LOI....Land of Inconsistency. LOL.

Hey LOL can be another one for this laughable county with laughable management! :cheesy:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I kid ye not, that has just happened whilst I was in Big C. A upper middle aged Thai lady pulled her mask up to sneeze twice. Didn't bother putting her arm across her face or sneezing into cupped hands. Just pulled up the mask and blurted it out everywhere, then gently put the mask back ensuring it was all nice and tight. Sometimes I lose faith in the brain that some people carry around

They arent an enlightened people, and they say foriegners are dirty

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Petey11 said:

Can't see a lot of places doing this unless a walk round by the authorities is in progress. Expect the Chonburi governor knows this, setting up for a shut down. He'll say I put safeguards in place and you ignored them, didn't follow them, it's your (owners/patrons fault) that I have no choice but to close down. Classic politician get out of jail card, blame the public and turn them on each other. Same here in UK, turning into the vaccinated/unvaccinated battle of words as to why the situation is getting worse. 

And the walk around has begun.   Just seen the Bib on Soi 6

• Like 2

2 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

I am just devastated. After all the stress to get a Thai Pass after they suddenly cancelled it, and now an ATK result required every 72 hours just to go eat. Do they think this is normal life for a country of 70 million with only 3000 cases per day?

The state of Queensland Australia currently has over 3000 cases per day from a population of only 5 million and everything is open and no-one is dying...life is normal

Yes but other parts of Australia  are not open 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

The best time I ever had in Pattaya was when bars and restaurants were closed, and there was a curfew.

Yes! All the ladies were clean, no one was over paying, except  idiots sending money for virtual drinks, I mean water.  Now the Sausage  fest has arrived, and people are just agreeing with a set number out of desperation  or lack of knowledge.   I wonder if they like the taste of the man the female just left?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

The best time I ever had in Pattaya was when bars and restaurants were closed, and there was a curfew.

You must have a low bar for fun, how sad if you actually think that lol

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

You really think you are getting accurate numbers.  Didn't you learn anything  from history  about the power of the media?  I can tell you the numbers have always been slanted.  Many are taking the test at home, testing positive,  and not reporting  to hospital  or anywhere.  

Sounds right.

If I get it I want to weather it out at home.

These hospitals are extraordinary expensive for many foreigners to stay even a few nights.

I stated weeks ago being charged 10,000 baht for 3 disposable (paper) haz mat suits.  My son spent one night at a private hospital.  48,000 baht.  Tons of needless tests.

I was floored.

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, WEBBYB808 said:

How and where do you enter test results 

Exactly my point. But even further...most ain't checking. They don't care. By now they're gonna take all profits before being shuttered again.

Think maybe you have directed your question at the wrong poster.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joinaman said:

i tested positive after travelling round Bangkok

refused to take a test unless they allowed me to isolate at my own home, not in the hospital

Took a while and a lot of arguing with them, but they eventually agreed

So now on day 3 of my 12 day quarantine in my home, with delivery of lots of tablet, blood pressure monitor, oxygen tester, and temperature  thermometer thingy. Twice a day i take the pills, test my levels, photo the results and send them to the hospital doctor

The Omicron , for me, is so mild, i just thought it was a cold, but with a sore throat, it wasnt till a friend told me she tested positive in the bar that i went to get checked out

Been about 6 days now since i got it, and feeling perfectly fine now, so seems a massive over reaction for something so minor for the majority of people 

Yes, i have both vaccinations, but no booster

What a great report.

Any cough or feelings of lack of Oxygen?

Time to binge on Netflix.

Sounds like you're doing great.

2 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

You must have a low bar for fun, how sad if you actually think that lol

Me thinks you dont know what it was like.  It was a buyers market in all things.  Now its an alcoholic sausage festival,  so who has the low bar?

• Like 1