Bank Letter for marriage visa

Hi

im about to do my marriage visa extension at Hua hin.

about the 400.000 baht money in the bank option.

the requirement say:

"Confirmation letter from thai bank and copy of bank book at least 400,000 baht........  Also update the bank book to current day."

so if my understanding correct only the bank book need to be the same day as the application is submitted??  (the bank letter can be the day before??)

as every bank here open around 9 am, it would be a real headache to go to et a bank letter first then go to immigration when its already full armed with a witness.....

while the bank book i can update at 6am too at any machine that's fine... so i can go to 8am to immigration.

so my question, is the bank letter can be from previous day? only bank book has to be updated to same day right?

thank you so much

Maybe ask the question in a Hua Hin forum, you will probably get someone who has recently done a marriage extension.

Otherwise, a same day bank book update should be acceptable, if it reflects the same figures as the letter. That's the idea behind a same day update, to verify the letter.

You will find most of the banks will have a main branch that opens early, 8am.

I usually do my everything in pattaya in one day, starting at the bank, then the ampher (kor ror 2) then immigration mid morning.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Maybe ask the question in a Hua Hin forum, you will probably get someone who has recently done a marriage extension.

Otherwise, a same day bank book update should be acceptable, if it reflects the same figures as the letter. That's the idea behind a same day update, to verify the letter.

You will find most of the banks will have a main branch that opens early, 8am.

I usually do my everything in pattaya in one day, starting at the bank, then the ampher (kor ror 2) then immigration mid morning.

I can do my KR several days in advance, don't think that needs to be the day of application?

• Like 2

did my extension in december, got the bank letter and full statement the day before as it takes a fair bit of time for the bank to do it but they wanted the bank book update for the day we applied

• Like 2

I renewed my retirement visa ten months ago. I phoned and asked if the bank letter stating money in the bank could be done the day before my visa renewal. The answer was yes. It was accepted on the day. I would suggest phoning and asking if this is still the case. This was Huahin immigration

• Like 1

just did mine  a couple of weeks ago,,  day before was  fine,  update the  bank book that am

if you need there  is a K bank branch on Petchkasem Rd just North of Hua  Hin 70 on the left going north (park lot in rear)

if it's your first time going there you might wish to bring  witness ( lady at check in told us)

the I/O at window #6 is a really easy going guy .. instead of a house visit, he suggested he call us @ 5pm on "LIne" and he would snap some photo's of us to finish the process ..    

Bring pictures ,,sitting on bed..  in kitchen ..  in living room . and front of house showing address .. ( change clothes ) 

when we went back to get the  final stamp ..I also asked,, if he could clarify what day my 90 was due..  because i did it on line ..  he reset it

starting the  day of the  renewal for me..  

• Like 2

Thank you all for the replies, really useful infos.

maybe a fool question, i not really update much my bankbook...

so if i get the bank letter the day before...  but i will go to update my bankbook at a machine early morning

- is there an option on  the machine to just print the balance with todays date on the bankbook?

- or you must make a transaction if you want the bankbook to update?

(becouse it say the bank letter must match the bankbook amount... so maybe transfer 100 baht to my wife account, she transfer it back.. then update bankbook? so the amount will match the previous day?

or how you guys do it??

(i just really dont want to wait until 8,30 for the bank to open, as i like to be there at immigration way before opening)

When last I renewed my visa at Huahin some months ago - see previous post-  I had the bank update my bank book at the same time as they gave me my bank letter. Thus letter and bank book showed exactly the same information. Should this not be the case they can send you away to sort it out.