The Blue Zone Sandbox & transit in Suvarnabhumi

lostintransit

Am I allowed to transit in Suvarnabhumi?

Summed up: I booked my travel to Bangkok when test&go was open. Now I read that the only way for me entering Thailand is: The Blue Zone Sandbox (Sandbox Programme)

I Bought a non refundable ticket + I see domestic flights are really cheap anyway, so I’m thinking of booking a flight from suvarnabhumi(Bangkok) to phuket. Transit maximum 6 hours, Then do the 7 days quarantine in Phuket. But am I even allowed to transit in suvarnabhumi? Or do I need to take a direct flight from my country to Phuket? And I’m also wondering what’s the difference between SHA+ vs SHA extra+

thanks for the replies! i think i got it now.

so i should choose the 3rd plan in https://tp.consular.go.th/en/plan (alternativ quarantine), and then im allowed to do that in Bangkok. Im vaccinated with phizer 2 doses, so i only need 7 days if i understand correctly. Now i only need to find a CHEAP asq hotel. damn. sha+ close to suvarnabhumi was a little exspensive when i bought 1 night test&go. Hoping 7 - 10 days will give some sort of discount.

As you have thailand pass for aq in bangkok you dont need to worry, yet. 

Already issued Thailand pass for aq might be cancelled from 10.01, they will confirm on friday. 
if cancelled you can try to ask airline for phuket diversion or for a voucher. 
Even if non refundable, most airlines have special covid rules, which allow passengers for changing their flight, just need to give reasonable explanation. 
if hard luck, travel insurance should cover. 
If you have only one way ticket i would rather abandon it and do phuket sandbox instead. 
bangkok aq are around 15k, sandbox from 3.5k

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1

Thanks for the heads up! now im currently waiting for a Thai pass. things got delayed as my booking confirmation trough agoda came to my email in Norwegian language.. So i had to fix that before applying. Or at least i thought so. But if im  to late, or my Thai pass gets cancelled, i will go for the Phuket sandbox. Should have done that from the beginning. Its really a lot cheaper as you say. 

36 minutes ago, lostintransit said:

Thanks for the heads up! now im currently waiting for a Thai pass. things got delayed as my booking confirmation trough agoda came to my email in Norwegian language.. So i had to fix that before applying. Or at least i thought so. But if im  to late, or my Thai pass gets cancelled, i will go for the Phuket sandbox. Should have done that from the beginning. Its really a lot cheaper as you say. 

There is some ‘grandfathering in’ of older applications which adds a little complexity..... 

IF you applied for the Thailand Pass ‘Test and Go’ (1 night) before 22nd December and have received your approval QR code (or are still awaiting it, if you receive it) - You can arrived under the ‘Test & Go’ (1 night) scheme until 15th January.

Following 15th January the ‘Test & Go’ scheme is no longer active and applicants with existing approval QR codes can use those codes for ASQ / AQ and Sandbox. 

Any application since 22nd December needs to be for either Alternative Quarantine (in its various locations) or for the Phuket Sandbox only. 

A direct flight is required for all options (where was talk of sealed routes with connections to some areas, but that never took hold) - transit in Bangkok is not an option. 

---------------

Op [lostintransit] - you purchased a non-refundable ticket with which airline ????  a lot of the airlines are offering free re-routing and date change.... others such as Qatar / Emirates offer free refund for any reason (its seems you are not with those or you would not have mentioned non-refundable ticket).

• Like 1

Update: Just got my thai pass today. Thank god!

richard_smith237. I’m traveling with finnair. I did not add the free cancel or flexible ticket when I bought it. But maybe I’m wrong and can rebook or cancel anyway. I believe there’s some rules benefiting us consumers, that are common for EU/EEA/Schengen citizens.

regarding cancellation.

^excuse my english

I could use my insurance to. 

Now I just hope that my approved Thai Pass (AQ) will stay approved.

Thanks for all the helpful feedback folks!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lostintransit said:

I’m traveling with finnair. I did not add the free cancel or flexible ticket when I bought it. But maybe I’m wrong and can rebook or cancel anyway.

Even on their lowest level "Light" tickets they are currently offering unlimited re-scheduling until the end of February and one further change post that.  The end of February date was moved recently from the end of December so may be changed again.  Fare difference is payable if there is no availability in your original fare bucket on the new dates.