ATK rapid test

banglay

Hello All ..   If I do rapid  ATK test on my self ... and it is an negative result  ..  What proof is accepted around Pattaya that you have recently passed a negative ATK test that will allow you to  gain access to bars, restaurants etc.?.... and what is best/easiest way showing the evidence that your test was negative?

Cheers in advance ????

1 hour ago, Big Bert said:

was accepted on the dark side for lunch, no questions asked.

I'm guessing there's many places on the Darkside where they wouldn't even ask people to show any test results.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, bbko said:

I'm guessing there's many places on the Darkside where they wouldn't even ask people to show any test results.

I wouldn't know but as in everyplace some will and some will not. I only shared my experience this morning.

14 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Very brave but if you are sitting drinking in bar and police  or DOPA s come along they can close the place and arrest staff and customers and cancel the license. Once you are at Soi 9 police station  you will be more cooperative and your attitude  will chance. Once busted twice shy!

What is DOPA? Remember you are on a forum, not texting on a smartphone.

18 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

No places I have been have asked for any test or results. Anyone been asked? And if so...pls do tell...so can take my business elsewhere and not waste my time on further covidiocy. ????

I’m sure they’ll miss you terribly cos everyone loves a conspiracy theorist 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, champers said:

No pre travel test required after 4am UK time on Friday to return to England. Your airline may be a different matter, of course.

Boris has spoken, per BBC World News online.

I don't think this will help my UK mate who went to a hospital on 2nd Jan to get his certified test done for a flight on 4th Jan.  Tested positive, incarcerated immediately at the hospital with a 10 day sentence, 4k for an extension visa of some sort, unknown hospital bill and his insurance is baulking.

Rearranging flights and documentation is a nightmare as he's computer illiterate. Food is terrible, no visitors, he's at his wit's ends.  He's fit as a fiddle physically, mentally distraught and confused.

He should probably be on suicide watch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

What is DOPA?

Department Of Provincial Administration

Under control of the interior ministry like the provincial governors except Bangkok.

I was in Pattaya a few days and found it so amazing how many different uniformed pompous you see.

And what is Pattaya "Special Affairs" seen on pickups?

Add MOPH to the collection:

Ministry of Public Health.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Big Bert said:

I done a test this morning at home. write on the strip your name date time. take a picture with time stamp. was accepted on the dark side for lunch, no questions asked.

That's because they didn't switch on the lights. 5555555 lol

2 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

I don't think this will help my UK mate who went to a hospital on 2nd Jan to get his certified test done for a flight on 4th Jan.  Tested positive, incarcerated immediately at the hospital with a 10 day sentence, 4k for an extension visa of some sort, unknown hospital bill and his insurance is baulking.

Rearranging flights and documentation is a nightmare as he's computer illiterate. Food is terrible, no visitors, he's at his wit's ends.  He's fit as a fiddle physically, mentally distraught and confused.

He should probably be on suicide watch.

That's a bummer.

This risk is now gone for people returning to UK, no pre-flight RT-PCR required.

How could be have been 'incarcerated immediately', there is a turnaround time for RT-PCT analysis and you're normally told to return the following day for certificate??

4 hours ago, possum1931 said:

What is DOPA? Remember you are on a forum, not texting on a smartphone.

You have not been around Pattaya nightlife.

Department  of Provincial Administration.  DOPA is on their uniform. They carry out actions. Raids etc

Edited by The Hammer2021
  • Like 1

From my observation:

they offer these free ATK tests at some hotspots starting at 5 PM.

Queues can be long or not.

You get a queue ticket with your name and telephone nr. written on.

Test cartridge is labeled with your ticket nr.

After test you can take a picture of your ID/passport + cartridge and ticket.

It that is not enough, what else.

I attended such free tests two time and what made me cautious: multiple positive near by called to the desk. Good chance to be infected.

A properly documented ATK test at a lab on 3rd rd. would be 690 Baht valid for 72 hrs.

Edited by KhunBENQ

56 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

That's a bummer.

This risk is now gone for people returning to UK, no pre-flight RT-PCR required.

How could be have been 'incarcerated immediately', there is a turnaround time for RT-PCT analysis and you're normally told to return the following day for certificate??

But is the RT - PCT required  for by the Thai or by UK authorities when leaving Thailand?

Edited by The Hammer2021

5 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

But is the RT - PCT required  for by the Thai or UK authorities?

Nothing to do with Thai authorities, you're leaving.

Normally it's for the airlines and the country you're arriving.

As of today ( i think ) UK only requires ATK test for arrivals.

3 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

As of today ( i think ) UK only requires ATK test for arrivals.

And at Suvarnabhumi there is an ATK test station outside the arrival level.

I don't know any details. Flying domestic required nothing on all three routes (KKC - HKT, HKT - BKK, BKK - KKC).

20220105_100709.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

And at Suvarnabhumi there is an ATK test station outside the arrival level.

I don't know any details. Flying domestic required nothing on all three routes (KKC - HKT, HKT - BKK, BKK - KKC).

20220105_100709.jpg

oh that's handy, thanks for letting us know, i'm sure they'd be able to provide whatever docs needed as proof to board flights.