90 Day Reporting Question

On 17th of Sept 21 I was given a 30 day extension for my non B vias. Then on 16 Oct I visited immigration and was granted an extension until 16 Sept 22. Was my 90 reporting counted from 17 Sept or 16 Oct? In other words am I now late reporting? Thanks.

33 minutes ago, Smithson said:

I last entered in 2018, it's not that simple.

Applying for a new extension of stay does not change your 90 day reporting date. Only the first extension of stay sets the 90 day reporting date.

You apparently got a under consideration stamp with a report back date 30 days from when you applied for a extension.

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Applying for a new extension of stay does not change your 90 day reporting date. Only the first extension of stay sets the 90 day reporting date.

You apparently got a under consideration stamp with a report back date 30 days from when you applied for a extension.

My earlier extension of stay was in another province, then I moved address and visa type to Bkk. As I understand it, informing immigration of my address when applying for an extension does not count as 90 day reporting? Is it also correct that it should be done at Muang Thong Thani and not CW? Can a staff member do it? Are the requirements (tests, proof of vax status etc.) for entering Muang Thong Thani due to covid?

7 minutes ago, Smithson said:

My earlier extension of stay was in another province, then I moved address and visa type to Bkk. As I understand it, informing immigration of my address when applying for an extension does not count as 90 day reporting? Is it also correct that it should be done at Muang Thong Thani and not CW? Can a staff member do it? Are the requirements (tests, proof of vax status etc.) for entering Muang Thong Thani due to covid?

A 90 day report is not done to prove your address after you move. You existing 90 day report date remains the same.

I assume you have already changed your address since you were able to apply for a extension.

You can have somebody do the 90 day report for you. The will need a completed TM47 form signed by you and your passport.

I am not aware of the office at Muang Thong Thani doing the same checks as is being done at Chaeng Wattana. At CW you just need to complete a form according to recent info I have received.

If you had a 90 day form with a due date it would not change when you get an extension.  They are seperate from each other.  Only by chance if the 90 day and extension dates are close enough together could you do them at the same time.

• Like 1

When you enter Thailand, 90 day countdown report starts.  A TM-30 OR a extension  of stay does NOT change your report date.  Simply said, unless you LEAVE Thailand, you MUST do the 90 day report EVERY 90.days. ( most IO's you can do up to 5 days early in person, OR, after 1st 90 day report, you can do online )

5 hours ago, rwill said:

If you had a 90 day form with a due date it would not change when you get an extension.  They are seperate from each other.  Only by chance if the 90 day and extension dates are close enough together could you do them at the same time.

Ditto. You have 15 days before and 7 days after the date they stamped for you to report. So what is your report date?

Are there online instructions on how to do the 90 days online application without going to Immigrations website? I've been going personally to do it for years, but after yesterday's experience at Jomtien with the place being jam packed, I'm considering the online option. What I don't want to do is to go through Immigrations website, clicking their instructions and upsetting my existing 90 day report. Credit to Jomtien in handling the hordes yesterday. Very efficient. But my usual in and out in under five minutes was forty five this time. Forty five minutes of exposure. Especially from the guy using his mask to keep his chin warm and picking his nose.

22 hours ago, Smithson said:

Is it also correct that it should be done at Muang Thong Thani and not CW? Can a staff member do it? Are the requirements (tests, proof of vax status etc.) for entering Muang Thong Thani due to covid?

I did my 90 Days replort at Muang Thong Thani yesterday, and only check is temperature when you enter the building.

They do not do any 90 day reports at Immigration Div1 CW. I went there a few days to transfer my stamps between old and new Passport And at the Government complex they want to see a picture of a negative ATK, and if you do not have one you have to fill in a form stating you are symptom free and some other questions. Then you can enter.

Edited by Eaglekott
Spelling corrections

7 hours ago, edwardflory said:

When you enter Thailand, 90 day countdown report starts.  A TM-30 OR a extension  of stay does NOT change your report date.  Simply said, unless you LEAVE Thailand, you MUST do the 90 day report EVERY 90.days. ( most IO's you can do up to 5 days early in person, OR, after 1st 90 day report, you can do online )

Are you sure it is 5 days earlier? I thought it was more.

15 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Are you sure it is 5 days earlier? I thought it was more.

As a general rule, the foreigner must file this report within 15 days before, or within 7 days after, your 90-day period expires.

Note the 7 day count starts from due date.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Smithson said:

So if I skip it for a full year I am only charged B2,000?

True however it's an easy thing to do.

When you eventually pay the fine and are obtaining an extension the io might cause hurdles. I would.