New Measures Might Be Implemented After CCSA Meeting On Friday

snoop1130

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai government needs one month to decide on new COVID-19 measures

ประชาชนสวมหน้ากากอนามัย..jpg

The Thai government will need at least four weeks to assess the latest COVID-19 situation, following the long New Year holidays, after which new infections are expected to surge.

It will then decide whether to adjust existing safety and preventive measures, said Government Spokesman Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana, today (Wednesday).

He explained that it will take two weeks to assess the new infections and another fortnight to assess the numbers of hospitalisations and fatalities before a decision can be made by the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), which is chaired by the prime minister and is due to meet this Friday.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-government-needs-one-month-to-decide-on-anti-covid-19-measures-update/

Logo-top-.png

The horse bolted on New Years Eve, if it takes them 4 weeks to respond most of the country will have herd immunity as cases will be 50,000+ if they do serious testing. No vaccines where I live either at the moment, be sensible, stay safe and hope Omicron is like they say and not so serious for most people.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

January is going to be a nightmare for a lot of businesses.

Entertainment venues must now surely re-think their long term business strategy.

Yeah, and that I assume would be how best to liquidate and find another type of business altogether. With all of this flip flopping knee jerking no cost benefit analysis done by this inept government - how and why would anyone even go or stay in the nightlife/entertainment business going forward. It is impossible to have any type of business plan or strategy - unless you enjoy uncertainty and losing money.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

January is going to be a nightmare for a lot of businesses.

Entertainment venues must now surely re-think their long term business strategy.

The time to revise the SWOT analysis was March/April/May 2020 when it was apparent that this government was going to go after 'entertainment venues' hard as part of their COVID control measures (as well as trying to clean up sex-tourism venues which was likely a driving factor). Owners that had the foresight to abandon ship at that time or had contingencies against being closed are probably laughing right now.

It's arguably too late now for the rest. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Guderian said:

What a joke. In Pattaya you have to queue for hours with hundreds of other people to get a booster shot. At one place, I heard you even have to queue to register and then go back on your appointed date to queue again for the vaccine. Don't they realise how stupid this is, and potentially dangerous for vulnerable people who now have to balance the risk of not having a booster shot against the risk of getting Covid while queueing for hours in a vast throng of people. Why can't you book it online, as we did with the first shot, the Thai vaccination programme has actually gone backwards over the last 6 months, they seem to be in the process of unlearning what helps keep people safe. Clowns.

I don't know about the booster but the First 2 shots being given out in Pattaya was done very well, credit where credit is due. Huge amount of nurses given the vaccines and very little waiting time, in and out within the hour. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

If they had a sense of responsibility, they might go into self isolation on a positive, which would be a benefit. Not really expecting it if people are asymptomatic. 

Far more asymptomatic positive cases in the UK are being detected as COVID testing is now a national past time. I brought 30 test kits with me from the UK when I arrived last week. I think test responsibility and the availability of test kits is far more important than the ‘ look at me I’m wearing 3 masks at once ‘ showcase here in LOS.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:
11 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

Does this change anything for those ALREADY within the Thailand Pass system that are still arriving in the next few weeks?

Not based on anything I have read. Once you have the QR code, you are good to go. 

This is where the government's awful message discipline is causing problems. As of now, you're quite right that the only official announcement has been that yes, QR codes that were already issued remain valid for entry under the program for which they were approved. But various officials from the Ministry of Public Health - from the boss on down - have been making statements to the press over the last several days to the effect that no one can enter under Test & Go after January 10, even though they have zero authority to make that decision. It creates a huge amount of confusion and uncertainty for everyone, especially the travelers who are scheduled to enter the country next week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Not based on anything I have read. Once you have the QR code, you are good to go. 

"Those who have applied and been granted the Thailand Pass can still enter the country under the Test and Go programme until January 10, 2022, as per the previous announcement."

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-government-needs-one-month-to-decide-on-anti-covid-19-measures-update/

5 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

"Those who have applied and been granted the Thailand Pass can still enter the country under the Test and Go programme until January 10, 2022, as per the previous announcement."

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-government-needs-one-month-to-decide-on-anti-covid-19-measures-update/

And that is very sad. Alot of time, effort, preparation and expense goes into this. More sabotage by the ignorant and petrified  goons. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Midwit said:

That means fewer cases of young boys having their hearts explode. 

The dosage is at a 1/3rd of the dose for the 12-18 year olds and adults (10 mcg as opposed to 30mcg). I have read the UK research for the higher dosage but perhaps you could point me to the research for the smaller dosage side-effects. I have a son who is 11 years old so this is very important to me.

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

If they had a sense of responsibility, they might go into self isolation on a positive, which would be a benefit. Not really expecting it if people are asymptomatic. 

Agree fully, problem being some , if not most , people have to work to eat; This being a problem with a non-existing social system..... 

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

People who visited high-risk areas or traveled during the holidays must take a test for possible infection or enter quarantine immediately to safeguard themselves and others.

Yep, that is going to happen....NOT.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kimamey said:

I was assuming they are waiting for the figures on infections first which they seem to suggest will take 2 weeks and then another 2 weeks for those cases to filter through to hospitalisations and then deaths. To be honest I would have thought there would be some delay between people going into hospital and either recovering or dying.

Surely, given the fact it's a serious virus which will kill some people and there's now plenty of data from numerous other countries, it's very irresponsible to wait 2 weeks. 

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rbkk said:

The dosage is at a 1/3rd of the dose for the 12-18 year olds and adults (10 mcg as opposed to 30mcg). I have read the UK research for the higher dosage but perhaps you could point me to the research for the smaller dosage side-effects. I have a son who is 11 years old so this is very important to me.

What's the point in giving 1/3rd of the dose if 2 full doses of the thing is proving to be next to useless in terms of transmission?  Since kids do not get seriously ill it's a pointless and unnecessary risk to use kids as stab vests in a misguided attempt to protect adults.   

Pfizer are trialing this now on 2-5 year olds.  This is madness and it really needs to stop.   

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Inventing the wheel again??? Nothing useful to use from the last year??? Why should it take 4 weeks??? Is it impossible to make plans for if there are 10.000 infections we do... if there are more than 20.000 we do.... and if there 50.000 we do..... Why constantly walking behind the facts??

They’re using the English model, do nothing until you’re shamed by the rest of the UK, then continue to do nothing until you get over 200,000 cases a day.... then do nothing.