Big Issues with Thailand pass

I submitted all my documents for Thailand pass 2 weeks ago and status is still reviewing.

Ive contacted all the numbers available and email address but noone answers or replys.

It seems the embassy is also unable to help as the Thailand pass is managed by the central authorities in Thailand.

My flight is in a few days time and it’s impossible to contact any of the Thailand pass team for help with this or even to get an update on my application. 

I don’t have time to wait until the last moment to find out if the application will be accepted as I need to change the flights to a later date. It will take me a long time to change the flights to a later date as the airline has removed the option of changing your flights online. Therefore in order to change my flight I have to call a number of which there is an extremely long wait time for.

The hotel is non refundable but date changes are permitted. 

Does anyone know how long applications have been taking at present as I’m very concerned?

It may be better for me to cancel the flights and hotel for a couple of months and wait until the omicron outbreak and issues with the Thailand pass system are resolved. Rather than hoping my application is approved at the last minute.

• Sad 4

4 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

Agents are advertising being able to get quick results. I think the one sponsoring this forum can do it.

Which agent? Does it really work? Most advertisements sound better than the actual services/products :-)

• Haha 1

Hi Bear9,

I feel your pain. I too had the same problem waiting for Thailand Pass and eventually had to cancel flights and hotels. The cancellation for full/partial refunds have to happen more than 24 hours before the departure time. Luckily I cancelled because I later got denied on my Thailand Pass application. The reason was because they couldn't read the hotel reservation which was a load of <deleted>. It's English, plain, and clear. How could they said it's blurry. Unreal.

To answer your question, I applied for Thailand Pass on December 26 and just received the denied results today January 5. So roughly around 10 days or maybe 8 days (because the 31st and 1st were holiday).

Good luck

6 hours ago, Bvor said:

check out the ASQ IN TH TP site.

they have contacts and will do another TP app'n @ 2750 baht and should have a result within your timeframe.

contact them and discuss. 

I never used them bu they got my email as I was trying to contact a hotel--they nag me always now and i blocked them--they are a separate company btw

As for Thai pass I applied 4 x til they wouldnt let me apply again..then i emailed them daily until i got approved and QR code...after all that mess the process went well at BKK airport

An utter pain the neck. 

Apply again... 

Also as a last resort try applying for Alternative Quarantine (with the same documentation, hotel booking etc) - that should get instant confirmation and gets you to a ‘human’ at the Thailand side and you can continue on with your Sandbox quarantine. 

6 hours ago, ppatrick said:

Which agent? Does it really work? Most advertisements sound better than the actual services/products ????

I tried to find them but they don't seem to be sponsoring the forum anymore. If you do an internet search there are several offering help. I get emails from Siam Legal. Maybe Ubonjoe knows the other company which was on the forum. Good luck

3 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

I tried to find them but they don't seem to be sponsoring the forum anymore. If you do an internet search there are several offering help. I get emails from Siam Legal. Maybe Ubonjoe knows the other company which was on the forum. Good luck

@ThaiVisaCentre

Still on the forum

• Like 2

OP: you have 2 possible approaches:

1 - just reapply. Many people have done this and it often works.

2 - go through an agent like the one mentioned above. They may be able to untangle the application already made, if not they can reapply on your behalf, they almost always succeed in getting QR code pretty quickly (asusming nothing lacking in your documentation). Cost a little under 3000 baht.

44 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

2 - go through an agent like the one mentioned above. They may be able to untangle the application already made, if not they can reapply on your behalf, they almost always succeed in getting QR code pretty quickly (asusming nothing lacking in your documentation). Cost a little under 3000 baht.

Additional notes:

1) Do not apply if you don’t have ALL the documentation required (i.e. don’t try without a PSAS booking because payment won’t go through - find a way to solve that issue first).

2) IF you have not received an application confirmation e-mail your application has not gone through. 

3) IF you have not received a QR code within 3 days, re-apply anyway. There is no harm in reapplying it will not void your original application 

( I think I applied 5 times, but that was in the first week of Thailand Pass which had a lot of teething issues )

4) PLAN B: Apply Via the AQ option which ‘usually’ gives a very quick approval response (QR code which states ‘Alternative Quarantine’) - this is imperfect, but its a QR code that gets you past Airline check-in and gets you into Thailand and in-front of a human.

20 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

Agents are advertising being able to get quick results. I think the one sponsoring this forum can do it.

Can't remember which one/ones but some programs allowing people to enter Thailand as a tourist have been suspended until further notice.  Those whose Thai Pass had already been approved were being allowed to enter but no more passes could be issued.   Why would you want to come at this time with the Omicron variant infecting so many.  Think twice about delaying your trip. It is what it is!

1 hour ago, dlclark97 said:

Can't remember which one/ones but some programs allowing people to enter Thailand as a tourist have been suspended until further notice.  Those whose Thai Pass had already been approved were being allowed to enter but no more passes could be issued.   Why would you want to come at this time with the Omicron variant infecting so many.  Think twice about delaying your trip. It is what it is!

The OP was having trouble with his pass. I still have 10 days then sandbox. I need to come and stop my wife spending too much money. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dlclark97 said:

Not quite correct.

Applications for Test & Go are not longer being accepted.

Existing test & go QR codes accepted until 15th Jan.

ASQ is the same. 

Only Phuket Sandbox applications currently being accepted. 

33 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Not quite correct.

ASQ is the same. 

We are still waiting on final word about the Jan 15th date.

If you have an existing 6 digit access code under Test & Go, and wish to move your trip up, and have all the supporting documents our team can help.

https://AQ.in.th/LINE

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre

On 1/5/2022 at 6:59 PM, Wongkitlo said:

That is very interesting, anyone done it so far? What is your experience?

18 hours ago, dlclark97 said:

I wonder if an agent can do everything required to get to the UK.

Although this is not the case for me, but I am thinking about anyone who wants to get back to their country within about 3 days for a funeral.

The Thai Embassy in your country can help, but won't typically get involved until the day before you travel.

Thailand Pass no longer approves applications for the Phuket Sandbox program.... although everything still goes through their website.  Approval is issued through the Phuket government which seems to have outsourced the process to an entity in Nakhon Si Thammarat.  Don't bother trying to find and contact them unless you are Thai or fluent.

Regarding PSAS payment .... in my experience from a couple weeks ago, only direct QR payment through a Thai bank or Thai credit card would work from North America.

On 1/6/2022 at 10:42 AM, Sheryl said:

Or maybe :  https://TP.in.th 

1 hour ago, Jaymatheson said:

The Thai Embassy in your country can help, but won't typically get involved until the day before you travel.

Thailand Pass no longer approves applications for the Phuket Sandbox program.... although everything still goes through their website.  Approval is issued through the Phuket government which seems to have outsourced the process to an entity in Nakhon Si Thammarat.  Don't bother trying to find and contact them unless you are Thai or fluent.

Regarding PSAS payment .... in my experience from a couple weeks ago, only direct QR payment through a Thai bank or Thai credit card would work from North America.

How do you know that the people approving it are in Nakhon nowhere. If that is the case you would hope public enterprise would be more efficient than a government agency.

Re-apply - paying particular attention to doc upload types ie JPEG and not using hotmail.

Things like hotel receipts suggest not scanning/saving but just download the receipt on your computer (usually PDF) and convert to required JPEG etc.

Also sounds like vax cert with QR code is a must, took me a while to figure out how to get that QR alone into the next box down but ended up doing screenshot on phone and attaching.

Edited by UbonEagle

7 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

How do you know that the people approving it are in Nakhon nowhere. If that is the case you would hope public enterprise would be more efficient than a government agency.

Nakhon Si Thammarat was where approval was issued for my Thai Pass.  Thai friend went through a rabbit hole to sort it out. 

On 1/6/2022 at 6:31 PM, ThaiVisaCentre said:
On 1/6/2022 at 5:58 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Not quite correct.

ASQ is the same. 

Expand  

We are still waiting on final word about the Jan 15th date.

If you have an existing 6 digit access code under Test & Go, and wish to move your trip up, and have all the supporting documents our team can help.

https://AQ.in.th/LINE

Edited yesterday at 06:32 PM by ThaiVisaCentre

It was announced this evening.... There is no cut off for those already holding the Test & Go Thailand Pass. 

Additionally: 

Krabi, Phang-Nga and Surattani (Samu, Phangan, Ko Tao) are all open for Thailand Pass Sandbox applications again. 

Phuket remains 7 days Sandbox as normal. 

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow?t=X94ojvM9kcmEE7zQEGhrkA&s=09

Edited by richard_smith237

10 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

It was announced this evening.... There is no cut off for those already holding the Test & Go Thailand Pass. 

Additionally: 

Krabi, Phang-Nga and Surattani (Samu, Phangan, Ko Tao) are all open for Thailand Pass Sandbox applications again. 

Phuket remains 7 days Sandbox as normal. 

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow?t=X94ojvM9kcmEE7zQEGhrkA&s=09

According to multiple "credible sources" they will reconsider this later on.

For example:

<removed>

It's clearly mentioned that the 15th is a cut-off date.

This mainly will depend on the evolving situation.

Edited by ubonjoe
removed link to Bangkok Post (forum rule)

1 hour ago, Ronin06 said:

Seems like Vietnam and Cambodia are opening.

I would skip Thailand too much of a PITA.

Cambodia has been open to vaccinate travellers for about 2 months now.   Whether it will remain so, is another question.

Viet Nam's rules are in flux but last I heard, entry still not allowing any tourist entries.