Things must be worse than we think...

Guderian

8 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Just moments ago I watched a report on UK hospitals on the dire understaffing situation they find themselves in, one even came from my home town. So either media hype or you are wrong. 

Apparently so due to the number of Hospital staff "off sick". Cause of illness seems to be undefined in reports.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nojohndoe said:

Apparently so due to the number of Hospital staff "off sick". Cause of illness seems to be undefined in reports.

You've been reading the wrong reports, cause of illness covid, reason for absence, isolation so they don't bring it back to further spread in patients at hospital. My daughter is a nurse in Newquay, Cornwall and is currently isolating at home due to this.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chivas said:

Its completely out of control in the UK and Hong Kong and I suspect Thailand know full well the shight is about to hit the fan in very short order... I suspect the Hospital is aiming for a fine balance of critical care as opposed to simply no care

Not completely out of control in UK . More nonsense posts 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, BritManToo said:

So the vaccines and masks were worthless?

yes I think it's working or I think I would be really sick or worse.

My good friend died two months ago from Covid he was 62 and was in perfect health, he went to the gym every day. 

I know there are risks with the vaccination, but I think the risk is minimal. One of my friends got bells palsy after his injection and he still has issues. I've read allot about the vaccinations side effects, the unknown, but hell we all take risks every day. Getting into a car you dont know if your going to live or die. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ericthai said:

yes I think it's working or I think I would be really sick or worse.

My good friend died two months ago from Covid he was 62 and was in perfect health, he went to the gym every day. 

I know there are risks with the vaccination, but I think the risk is minimal. One of my friends got bells palsy after his injection and he still has issues. I've read allot about the vaccinations side effects, the unknown, but hell we all take risks every day. Getting into a car you dont know if your going to live or die. 

tell that to the parents of the 17 months old baby who died in South Australia

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

tell that to the parents of the 17 months old baby who died in South Australia

Seriously now!   Hardly relevant here.

This unfortunate death was of a young baby who died with Covid. Her actual cause of death is yet to be determined. The rest of the family was vaccinated and asymptomatic.

Let’s not get too hysterical here.

• Like 2

On 1/5/2022 at 9:59 PM, Dmaxdan said:

The situation is what it is. There is no point in worrying about something we have zero control over. 

All anyone can do is get vaccinated, get your booster jabs when available, follow all the precautions that are put in place and keep your guard up.

Your comment above seems inherently illogical.

You start out by saying it's something "we have zero control over." And then proceed to tick off a series of correct preventive measures that everyone can and should follow as a means of preventing and reduce the spread of the virus.

In short, it's still something every individual has some ability to influence thru their own actions or lack thereof.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, ericthai said:

I dont understand you statement? what do you want me to tell them? a 17 month old baby was vaccinated? 

No, it had omicron. There is also a young child in hospital currently in my state who is "seriously unwell" with omicron. It is not harmless. It may not be as bad as delta but far from benign. It is not a mere flu.

"While Omicron does appear to be less severe compared to Delta, especially in those vaccinated, it does not mean it should be categorised as mild," director general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said at the same briefing in Geneva.

"Just like previous variants, Omicron is hospitalising people and it is killing people."

https://www.reuters.com/world/omicron-may-be-less-severe-not-mild-who-chief-2022-01-06/

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

No, it had omicron. There is also a young child in hospital currently in my state who is "seriously unwell" with omicron. It is not harmless. It may not be as bad as delta but far from benign. It is not a mere flu.

I never said it was, I was asked what I thought about mask and vaccines and I answered.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The number of beds was never related to hospitals being overwhelmed. It's always a staff issue.

Furthermore….

The Netherlands has experienced frequent shortages of nurses from the Second World War onwards. 

Source:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK545721/

It appears that it’s not a Covid issue as it is a long standing problem.  If NL can’t get their act together, blame the system, not the Covid patients.

10 minutes ago, Airalee said:

Furthermore….

The Netherlands has experienced frequent shortages of nurses from the Second World War onwards. 

Source:

It appears that it’s not a Covid issue as it is a long standing problem.  If NL can’t get their act together, blame the system, not the Covid patients.

Your link is a general discourse of nursing in the Netherlands, not at all relevant to the issue of whether hospitals are currently overwhelmed or not.

Here's something a little more contemporaneous in regard to Netherlands hospitals ability to cope with covid

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/dutch-covid-19-patients-transferred-germany-hospitals-struggle-2021-11-23/

Edited by ozimoron

16 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Your answer appeared to be sarcastic. Of course a 17 month old baby was unvaccinated.

Sorry didnt mean for it to be that way, I still dont understand what a 17 month baby has to do with my comments.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Just moments ago I watched a report on UK hospitals on the dire understaffing situation they find themselves in, one even came from my home town. So either media hype or you are wrong. 

Having treated nurses badly for years, the chickens are now coming home to roost. Underpaid, overworked, and disrespected by management and in some cases by those they are trying to help, nurses have, according to some I've spoken with, had enough and the virus is just "the last straw" so to speak.

So, next time in hospital remember that nurses do a thankless job, for little reward, and don't blame them if things are not as good as they should be. That's down to management and the government.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Airalee said:

Furthermore….

Source:

Lay people may not understand why people are not queuing up to become nurses, but from a nurse- it's a thankless, underpaid, stressful job that relies on the dedication of those that do do that job to have any nurses in hospital.

IMO the move to eliminate enrolled nurses, and to make people pay to train in university eliminated a large pool of potential nurses, but IMO most have realised the financials just don't make it worth doing any more. That's why countries like the UK and NZ have to rely on nurses from other countries like Africa, the Philippines, and India to staff their hospital wards.