Leaving Thailand. Is a PCR test required and if so by whom?

50 minutes ago, khunPer said:

You need to check with the rules in the country of entry, and the if the air-carrier has special Covid regulations.

I thought  that's what I was trying to ascertain  with my question. PCR Tests are no longer required  by UK authorities  but are they required  by airlines when leaving  Thailand  for the UK

It depends on the airline and whether you are flying direct or have a transit in another country whereby you’ll have to comply with their rules too?

I’m flying back to the UK via Singapore and whilst the UK no longer requires any sort of pre-flight test if you’re double vaccinated, Singapore requires an antigen test from a clinic or hospital along with the associated paperwork in English. 

If any readers can recommend a clinic in the Pattaya area that can do this, I’d be most appreciative?  I don’t really want to go to a hospital for obvious reasons and if for some reason I was positive, I have the facilities to isolate at home. 

Edited by Trip Hop
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Trip Hop said:

It depends on the airline and whether you are flying direct or have a transit in another country whereby you’ll have to comply with their rules too?

I’m flying back to the UK via Singapore and whilst the UK no longer requires any sort of pre-flight test if you’re double vaccinated, Singapore requires an antigen test from a clinic or hospital along with the associated paperwork in English. 

If any readers can recommend a clinic in the Pattaya area that can do this, I’d be most appreciative?  I don’t really want to go to a hospital for obvious reasons and if for some reason I was positive, I have the facilities to isolate at home. 

Yes you get the idea. I propose to fly direct to UK and want to ascertain that the airline  won't require  a PCR test..I don't know the obvious  reason you don't want to go hospital  for a test but you might try the Dr Oliver clinic in Threpasit soi 12 but there loads of others

3 hours ago, The Theory said:

For Americans ATK test not more than 24 hours before departure. Not a PCR test. Are you sure you really need a PCR test ? 

Keep in mind the country where you transit could have a PCR test requirement.  I am going back to LAX from BKK but I transit in Singapore for just 90 minutes.  Guess what?  I have to have a negative PCR or Anti-Gen test within 2 days of my departure.  I have also transited in Tokyo and Incheon S. Korea in 2021 and they did not have Covid test requirements just to transit.  

Edited by sqwakvfr

43 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Yes you get the idea. I propose to fly direct to UK and want to ascertain that the airline  won't require  a PCR test..I don't know the obvious  reason you don't want to go hospital  for a test but you might try the Dr Oliver clinic in Threpasit soi 12 but there loads of others

The Thai Airways web site is up to date with the latest UK entry requirements. Don't forget the Passenger Locator Form still needs to be completed before departure.

3 minutes ago, tso310 said:

The Thai Airways web site is up to date with the latest UK entry requirements. Don't forget the Passenger Locator Form still needs to be completed before departure.

I KNOW the UK entry requirements but the  purpose  of my  inquiry  is ascertain if AIRLINES  REQUIRE  PCR tests even if a nation does not. I think Thai Airways  do but seek confirmation.

4 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

Keep in mind the country where you transit could have a PCR test requirement.

As far as I understood No PCR test is required for transit (US travelers) via Narita (same terminal) to LAX. ATK test for US travelers not more than "1 day" before departure. 

7 hours ago, Trip Hop said:

I don’t really want to go to a hospital for obvious reasons and if for some reason I was positive, I have the facilities to isolate at home. 

This is not what happens, the PCR test turnaround is 24 hours, you test and then go home, if not phone call it means your negative then you return to collect certificate.

5 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I KNOW the UK entry requirements but the  purpose  of my  inquiry  is ascertain if AIRLINES  REQUIRE  PCR tests even if a nation does not. I think Thai Airways  do but seek confirmation.

Select you airline of preference and read their requirements, pretty simple.

9 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I thought  that's what I was trying to ascertain  with my question. PCR Tests are no longer required  by UK authorities  but are they required  by airlines when leaving  Thailand  for the UK

You need to ask the airline for a correct answer.

11 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

This is not what happens, the PCR test turnaround is 24 hours, you test and then go home, if not phone call it means your negative then you return to collect certificate.

But if you test positive  because of dead Rna covid material having recovered  from covid?

12 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Why don't you just get one done so you're covered.

A RT-PCR will get you on any airline, perhaps not with ATK.

They are only valid fir 72 hours. You don't understand  the issue which is that of a false positive  generated by dead covid material caused by previous  infection.  That is the problem with PCR tests

2 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

They are only valid fir 72 hours. You don't understand  the issue which is that of a false positive  generated by dead covid material caused by previous  infection.  That is the problem with PCR tests

As someone who has travelled extensively throughout the last 2 years i understand very well.

With you there appears to be no hope, best you remain indoors till about 2029.

13 hours ago, The Theory said:

As far as I understood No PCR test is required for transit (US travelers) via Narita (same terminal) to LAX. ATK test for US travelers not more than "1 day" before departure. 

This is NOT the issue at all.  The  purpose  of my  inquiry  is ascertain if AIRLINES  REQUIRE  PCR tests even if a nation does NOT require a PCR test. 

4 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

As someone who has travelled extensively throughout the last 2 years i understand very well.

With you there appears to be no hope, best you remain indoors till about 2029.

I have travelled  extensivly for decades so really don't understand  your comment. What is your point? It appears  you don't understand  the the science  behind the issue and thus not able to even understand  the question least  of all make a sensible  response.

1 minute ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I have travelled  extensivly for decades so really don't understand  your comment. What is your point? It appears  you don't understand  the the science  behind the issue and thus not able to even understand  the question least  of all make a sensible  response.

Have your decades of travelling not changed at all in the last 2 years? you don't notice a slight difference in anything?

Good luck with your life, you're too annoying for me to continue to engage any longer.

21 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Leaving Thailand.  Is a PCR test required and if so by whom? Is it required  by individual nation destinations or by Thai authorities  or by airlines

Returning to UK or Europe: Which  airlines don't require  PCR?

The situation is constantly changing so you will need to check the requirements of destination country and every transit country. Also it can be a requirement of the airlines but usually it is not. I was flying 3 months ago with Emirates and I didn't need the test.