Double glazed upvc windows

blueeyes

Hi all, does anyone have any contact numbers of any company in Korat who deals with upvc windows/doors. I have a couple of double doors which need adjusting as they do not close properly after opening them.

Edited by blueeyes
misspelling

16 hours ago, blueeyes said:

I have a couple of double doors which need adjusting as they do not close properly after opening them.

No, however if they are sliders you can get anyone to take them off and adjust the wheels at the bottom, if they are not sliders, as I said, no, but thought it worth a try.

Good luck.

UPVc doors should be no problem as they 'lift and drop' in. On one edge of the door you will find a clip in strip that conceals the adjusting mechanism. Unclip that and away you go.  Many variants on here.     https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=adjusting+a+sliding+upvc+door 

Look for a vid that is similar to yours.

When adjusting the door have someone hold it for you because if you drop it down too far it can come out of the top rail.

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Like 1

Self adjustment should be easy. But as others mentioned you gotta suspend the door so there's no weight bearing down on the carriages when you adjust and retighten the screws of the carriages. A custom cut shim of timber will achieve that suspension.  

21 hours ago, blueeyes said:

I have a couple of double doors which need adjusting

I guess the company who installed the doors is not around otherwise you would be using them. I would appreciate knowing where you got your µpvc windows and doors from. I would like some for my house in Buriram.

1 hour ago, Muhendis said:

I would appreciate knowing where you got your µpvc windows and doors from. I would like some for my house in Buriram.

Cheapest way to replace 9 large wooden windows in my house was to replace them with DiY UPVc bought from Homepro in Buriram. Not an easy job as my house is 1m above ground level and the windows are about 1.14 m high by 2.30m wide. Other sizes are available

Overall it took about 2 weeks to complete and I had to employ about 4-5 others to help me. Due to the weight of the windows the job couldn't be done with less than 4 men IMO. We had to chase out the walls to fit them as the wooden windows we had were smaller. A very messy job due to dust from cutting.

Edit: They're single glazed but UV protected.

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Muhendis said:

I guess the company who installed the doors is not around otherwise you would be using them. I would appreciate knowing where you got your µpvc windows and doors from. I would like some for my house in Buriram.

You are correct. The place I got them from in bangkok was sold on and the new company not helpful at all hence looking near home.

I was going to go with PVC but a local company quoted me a lot cheaper using aluminium and they are made to measure on site, yes its easy to adjust or replace them as said, get yourself a slim screwdriver, take out the rubber bungs and use a torch to look before you start.  

4 hours ago, Muhendis said:

I would like some for my house in Buriram.

We are in Buriram as well, we ordered ours from a company in Pattaya and they delivered them with a Courier company (absolutely NO problems) and our Builder installed them (again NO issues) in our New Build!!!

Edit: Total of 6 Windows (incl 2 replacements for our OLD house, all double glazed)

Edited by MJCM

15 minutes ago, MJCM said:

We are in Buriram as well, we ordered ours from a company in Pattaya and they delivered them with a Courier company (absolutely NO problems) and our Builder installed them (again NO issues) in our New Build!!!

Edit: Total of 6 Windows (incl 2 replacements for our OLD house, all double glazed)

Were you windows made to measure or did you build the house to fit the windows?

1 minute ago, Muhendis said:

Were you windows made to measure or did you build the house to fit the windows?

We just send the measurements our builder gave us and they build them accordingly.

In the Old House they were replacements and they fitted perfectly!!