Deadline for arrivals under Thailand’s ‘Test and Go’ scheme may be extended to mid-January

snoop1130

https://www.pattayamail.com/latestnews/news/alcohol-ban-averted-ccsa-rejects-pattaya-sandbox-385513

From the article:

The CCSA said it would keep travelers informed if a cutoff date is decided. Otherwise, arrivals face no changes to requirements other than taking an additional, free PCR test.
The CCSA said 10,440 Thailand Pass holders are expected to arrive in Thailand from Jan. 7-15; 4,900 from Jan. 16-31; 3,757 in February and 468 in March. Those numbers were nearly four times less than the number of passes approved, but many people canceled their trips after Test & Go was suspended.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

. Those numbers were nearly four times less than the number of passes approved, but many people canceled their trips after Test & Go was suspended.

There is not any way canceling pass. 
The only way to know would be cancelation of t&h hotel booking. 
There was not reason to cancel as entry on existing passes is allowed till 15.1 or longer. 
Tourists might be cancelling as they are afraid of 2 pcr and costly hospitalisation 

• Like 1

So test & go is not coming back soon.

Choices..

7 nights in BKK can't leave the room, swim or use gym.

Or 7 nights in Phuket where I can leave the room after day 1 also can swim and gym.

Run on the beach and eat out.

If on a budget here's a hotel near amenities and beach, also have to buy tests on top.

Screenshot_20220107-141016_Chrome.jpg

I just asked this from Thai Embassy in Helsinki and they just posted this link, which says the deadline is still the 15th of January. I have approved Thai Pass for 29th.. don't know what to do right now. Maybe cancel everything. Waiting for a bit now though, should be clarifications soon.

https://helsinki.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/thailand-s-entry-regulations?page=5f49f4a199a85e260f4278de&menu=5d80876d15e39c3354007bb1

2 minutes ago, delerium said:

I just asked this from Thai Embassy in Helsinki and they just posted this link, which says the deadline is still the 15th of January. I have approved Thai Pass for 29th.. don't know what to do right now. Maybe cancel everything. Waiting for a bit now though, should be clarifications soon.

https://helsinki.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/thailand-s-entry-regulations?page=5f49f4a199a85e260f4278de&menu=5d80876d15e39c3354007bb1

Check out info on this page... 

• Thanks 1

On 1/6/2022 at 11:24 PM, Chang_paarp said:

Someone needs to explain to the honourable minister that "quality" tourists need surety of process. Their limited relaxation time is valuable to them. Constant changing of the rules ensure cancelations of bookings and a different "quality" destination on the list for the next booking.

He also needs to know that these so called quality tourists will be arriving with omicron 

19 hours ago, ololosha said:

Like anywhere in the world nowadays, right?))) 

And checking the statistics, Thailand has ~30 cases per 100 000 while the country where I live has 250 and UK 2000, so where is safer?))))

Mmmm tough question ;

Do you trust the countries that test extensively and have accurate data or those that dont ?

• Thanks 1

Could be something different tomorrow and/or lockdown, mandatory street testing curfew, mask wearing, takeway only, beach closed and no swimming pools open ya di ya da for weeks/months in different provences.

All this after a long flight a journey to the unknown even thought you are fully vaxed and 72 hr tested before leaving

If positive 10 days exp isolation go on treat ur self

34 minutes ago, tomyami said:

Could be something different tomorrow and/or lockdown, mandatory street testing curfew, mask wearing, takeway only, beach closed and no swimming pools open ya di ya da for weeks/months in different provences.

All this after a long flight a journey to the unknown even thought you are fully vaxed and 72 hr tested before leaving

If positive 10 days exp isolation go on treat ur self

you sound like such a positive person, not

On 1/6/2022 at 5:36 PM, 86Tiger said:

Oh my goodness.

Decide something.  Anything.  And go with it.  Constant change is not very good for stability or confidence.

anyone in his/her right mind should have done the decision already. My friends decided already, not to come to Thailand. Many more will follow.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2022 at 5:24 AM, Chang_paarp said:

Someone needs to explain to the honourable minister that "quality" tourists need surety of process. Their limited relaxation time is valuable to them. Constant changing of the rules ensure cancelations of bookings and a different "quality" destination on the list for the next booking.

They should be focused on ignorant and desperate tourists, at least that's obtainable in a pandemic

• Like 1

My old friend is enjoying his escape from Winter, and is happy to be coming back 

in 90 days. He finds the Hua Hin area very quiet and not many people to chat with.

He has seen a few people who were okay, but have gotten sick, and it is scary as 

he is in his 80s.  The local businesses were all very happy to see him, and the other

brave tourists that he has met to have a meal with.  Most of his days are spent riding his motorbike 

around the country side around the area.  He has become bored this year and may not be

going back next year, if the situation is not different than now. Omicron is spreading and

many people are being a lot more cautious now.  Good Luck to all you brave

expats and tourists.

OK guys, I'm finally here in Thailand now.

Didn't get any instructions regarding the second test, should I inform anyone about the results or just make it in the lab and they proceed with it further somehow?

And one more thing: is the day of arrival a zero day, and you need to be tested on the 5th or 6th day, or day of arrival is 1st day?

Thanks  

Edited by ololosha

37 minutes ago, ololosha said:

Didn't get any instructions regarding the second test, should I inform anyone about the results or just make it in the lab and they proceed with it further somehow?

And one more thing: is the day of arrival a zero day, and you need to be tested on the 5th or 6th day, or day of arrival is 1st day?

Thanks  

All you need to do is go to one of the designated hospitals at the link below. Fill out a form that they will provide, give them your passport and the pink slip you received on entry to Thailand. The hospital will upload the test result for you using the pink slip you give them you don't need to enter anything yourself. I'd suggest arriving as early as possible as there can be queues. As far as your arrival day being 0 or 1 I haven't heard any clear instruction on that. I assumed it's day 0 as when I was quarantined here last year the hospital referred to my check-in date as day 0. But again, this is just an assumption from my own experience. If you look at the first document in the link I provided it actually says you can get tested any day between 5-7. So I just personally I would call your arrival day 0, then get tested on either day 5 or 6 only, not 7. That way no matter if your first day is labelled officially as 0 or 1 you will be within the correct timeframe.

https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/1AnIVPwYeGs3l-rO25X1Wi9LLAbSbrSD0?sort=13&direction=a

Edited by Archie501

5 hours ago, ololosha said:

Thanks  

A lot of the hospitals on the government list are not doing the free tests eg BHP, Pattaya City & Jomtien Hospital.... It's a joke... And from what I've heard regarding Banglamung it's a joke no social distancing and not very well organised with long waits. So I've just booked a RT-PCR test in a private clinic and going to pay. Not going to queue with a heap of folk and risk catching it and taking it back home to the family. From what I've heard they have huge queues of ppl going into quarantine as well..... I'm counting my first day as day 1 just to get it out the way and relax...

Edited by scotsdude
forgot a word

30 minutes ago, scotsdude said:

A lot of the hospitals on the government list are not doing the free tests eg BHP, Pattaya City & Jomtien Hospital.... It's a joke... And from what I've heard regarding Banglamung it's a joke no social distancing and not very well organised with long waits. So I've just booked a RT-PCR test in a private clinic and going to pay. Not going to queue with a heap of folk and risk catching it and taking it back home to the family. From what I've heard they have huge queues of ppl going into quarantine as well..... I'm counting my first day as day 1 just to get it out the way and relax...

And the private clinic has said they can process your pink slip and upload the results for you?

I just checked in on Singapore Airlines from Brisbane to Bangkok. He spent 5 minutes checking his regulations about my only 1 night Test &  Go.

"He came back and said, yep you are allowed to enter until the 15th"

This Deputy PM sprouting rumours about 10th and then 15th cut-off is still doing damage I see because a legitimate traveller will turn up on 16th for flight and be rejected according to the SQ handbook ????

51 minutes ago, ololosha said:

does anyone know if I need to upload the 2nd tests somewhere? haven't received any instructions anywhere regarding it

It is supposed to go into the Mor Chana app but the app seldom works.

I emailed mine to my Test and Go hotel and they were able to upload it for me. Try that.

27 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I emailed mine to my Test and Go hotel and they were able to upload it for me. Try that.

I asked for QR code for arrival PCR to upload to Mor Chana they said not do. They also said 2nd test at day 5-6 is meant to be ATK for the app to recognise so they said it won't work for PCR.  I'm thinking I might as well just delete the Mor Chana app as noone has asked to see it anyway.

4 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Have absolutely no idea what "Mor Chana" app is

Will just forward it to my first hotel used for 1 test and go night...