Anyone received a newly issued Thailand pass for the Phuket Sandbox this month?

I saw the existing thread and wanted to focus in on whether ANYONE has received a Phuket sandbox thailand pass newly issued this month, January 2022?

If yes, please let me know when you applied and when you received your pass. Many thanks.

I applied early December 30th Thailand time, still waiting.  Received a nice ack email with a code to check status and a help line email address of unknown usefulness.

I'm a proud recipient of a Thailand pass on Nov. 7, the day before my departure.  Was hoping to have less stress this time...I guess ASQ is my backup plan.

I recycled a lot of my nice images from that time.  The website is improved, but there seemed to be no option to say "hey you checked my vax status already".

FWIW I got boosted since, but did not want to complicate things.

Edited by SFSFSF

I applied on December 28th. They say 3-7 days to process. 6 work days have passed and I have heard nothing yet. I just realized I didn't send the receipts for my pre-booked PCR tests in Phuket, so I sent them. Hopefully, they process my application in time for my flight. I should be flying out next Wednesday. 

Will the airlines let you board the plane without the Pass if you have all your documents in order?

Edited by tsk3009

34 minutes ago, tsk3009 said:

I applied on December 28th. They say 3-7 days to process. 6 work days have passed and I have heard nothing yet. I just realized I didn't send the receipts for my pre-booked PCR tests in Phuket, so I sent them. Hopefully, they process my application in time for my flight. I should be flying out next Wednesday. 

Will the airlines let you board the plane without the Pass if you have all your documents in order?

I saw a suggestion that you may be able to quickly get a Thailand pass issued if you apply for the alternative quarantine option using a different email address.  It's risky, but the idea is when you arrive in Phuket you try to sort it out with the staff there.  I would recommend bringing printed documentation showing when you applied for the sandbox.  Also when you arrive in Phuket check to see if somehow your sandbox pass was issued while you were traveling. You can see more AQ information on the thailand pass website at the step where you choose sandbox or alternative quarantine.  They still show the Test and Go with a disabled button.

Edited by SFSFSF

I applied for Sandbox on the evening of the 30th, thought I had made a hash of it so put in another application on the 2nd, so both over the holiday weekend. I got 2 QR codes yesterday late afternoon within 2 hours of each other. I did send a pleading email earlier in the day though, with all my docs attached.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, katatonic said:

I applied for Sandbox on the evening of the 30th, thought I had made a hash of it so put in another application on the 2nd, so both over the holiday weekend. I got 2 QR codes yesterday late afternoon within 2 hours of each other. I did send a pleading email earlier in the day though, with all my docs attached.

ThankS. I did on 31st and the 6th and still waiting but thanks for the tímeline. Still have a week till travel so I can hold off the pleading email for a little

• Like 1

I was approved for a Feb 10 Phuket Test & Go. I'm in the US and have decided to change my return home to Phuket to Jan 15. According to Richard Barrow, "Thailand Pass holders using Test & Go can now change to an earlier arrival date. You just need to write to them with the details. Email [email protected] or if you’re going to Phuket [email protected]." I sent an email 24 hours ago, but no response.

I previously completed Phuket sandboxes in both July and October so obviously the authorities have already approved my vaccination and insurance documents. On Jan 4 (and again on Jan 6) I submitted the new Sandbox applications for Jan 15 arrival as a backup to my Test & Go. No response. 

I live in Thailand so I'm used to inefficiencies. But if I was a tourist, I'd give up.  

• Like 1

Apiwan2, did you use the agent mentioned in another thread here? AQ.*.*

I reached out to their email and they said they could help with existing applications and I started going thru their website flow and stopped when it asked for my passport.  I emailed them again explaining I would be happy to pay to expedite my existing application without handing over my passport photo...and crickets.  I'll be reapplying myself and then emailing the phuket gmail if that doesn't turnaround in a day.

23 hours ago, tsk3009 said:

NO

i am on my second appliction a friend is filling the details in for me, my first was done by another friend.

and i am wondering if there is any truth in the rumours about the emails outlook and the like ?

i used my outlook email on the first and thought i had got it wrong as no email...two weeks i looked and i thought i would see if hitting some of the boxes to see if it made any difference and up popped

sucessful ? i kept trying this tatic and still no email but accepted eventualy appeared.

it was like it had got stuck and my messing around seemed to unblock it ? but still no email.

i have a gmail adress now and am wondering, how long to fill one out 2 hours? or more?

any  one know. 

29 minutes ago, zoza said:

i am on my second appliction a friend is filling the details in for me, my first was done by another friend.

and i am wondering if there is any truth in the rumours about the emails outlook and the like ?

i used my outlook email on the first and thought i had got it wrong as no email...two weeks i looked and i thought i would see if hitting some of the boxes to see if it made any difference and up popped

sucessful ? i kept trying this tatic and still no email but accepted eventualy appeared.

it was like it had got stuck and my messing around seemed to unblock it ? but still no email.

i have a gmail adress now and am wondering, how long to fill one out 2 hours? or more?

any  one know. 

When the thailand pass first started, for some reason hotmail/outlook spam filters were blocking messages from the service.  They never even made it to your junk folder.  Most other email services seemed ok, where gmail is a sure thing and free.  You should get an email acknowledgement as soon as you complete submission of the Thailand pass.  The web app will also now give you a code you can use to check status of your application, but I think you still need your email working to receive the thailand pass.  On youtube, "riding with Gaby" has a good video tutorial using the website at the end of December.

I applied about 6 days ago and no response.  When I put in my application number it just says 'reviewing,' but I think I'll need to reapply.  Has anyone been successful with a sandbox application where you have been able to pay online (like Agoda) and not to the hotel directly?

On 1/7/2022 at 12:36 PM, SFSFSF said:

I saw a suggestion that you may be able to quickly get a Thailand pass issued if you apply for the alternative quarantine option using a different email address.  It's risky, but the idea is when you arrive in Phuket you try to sort it out with the staff there.  I would recommend bringing printed documentation showing when you applied for the sandbox.  Also when you arrive in Phuket check to see if somehow your sandbox pass was issued while you were traveling. You can see more AQ information on the thailand pass website at the step where you choose sandbox or alternative quarantine.  They still show the Test and Go with a disabled button.

So my application was rejected on a Sunday, Monday would have been the 7th work day since I registered. I failed to attach the 2 PCR test bookings. With my flight on the 12th, I was kind of panicking to re-register. So I just re-registered and 1 minute later I got the confirmation email for my application, I received an approval email with QR code. 

On Saturday, I emailed the MFA Covid-19 task force about my application since my flight was a few days away, they sent the following reply. I sent an email to all three of the email addresses. I got no reply, but my application was rejected on a Sunday. So, methinks maybe someone rejected it in response to my email. As a last result, you could contact someone in Phuket...

Dear Applicant

For Phuket destination, please contact Phuket Authority directly 

1) Phuket Provincial Office
(+66) 84 191 4151
(+66) 76 216 582
(+66) 76 354875 extension 0
(+66) 76 216101 extension 0

2) Phuket Sandbox office
(+66) 76 530 220 
(+66) 76 530 221
(+66) 76 530 222
(+66) 76 530 223
(+66) 76 530 224
(+66) 76 530 225
(+66) 76 530 226
(+66) 65 350 3050
(+66) 65 350 3051
(+66) 65 350 3052
(+66) 65 350 3053
(+66) 65 350 3054
(+66) 65 350 3055
(+66) 65 350 3056
(+66) 65 350 3057
(+66) 65 350 3058
(+66) 65 350 3059

3) Phuket Provincial Public Health Office
(+66) 76 212 297 extension 1234, 1330, 1331
(+66) 76 222 913 extension 1330, 1331

4) Phuket International airport
(+66) 76 351 801
(+66) 76 352 302

Best regards,

For further information: https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/content/thailand-pass-faqs-2

Edited by tsk3009
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, texanaust said:

I applied about 6 days ago and no response.  When I put in my application number it just says 'reviewing,' but I think I'll need to reapply.  Has anyone been successful with a sandbox application where you have been able to pay online (like Agoda) and not to the hotel directly?

My booking was on Agoda. There should be no problem there. Just send a screenshot or picture of booking confirmation with your application.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2022 at 5:36 PM, SFSFSF said:

Apiwan2, did you use the agent mentioned in another thread here? AQ.*.*

I reached out to their email and they said they could help with existing applications and I started going thru their website flow and stopped when it asked for my passport.  I emailed them again explaining I would be happy to pay to expedite my existing application without handing over my passport photo...and crickets.  I'll be reapplying myself and then emailing the phuket gmail if that doesn't turnaround in a day.

I believe so

• Like 1

I am unable to travel to aus from bkk due to flights to hkg from aus being banned. So In order to see my kids living in bne that I haven’t seen for 2 years, I’m bringing them up to Phuket. My timeline is not able to be changed, so after reading here of the problems getting a sandbox Thai pass, I was stressing they wouldn’t get one in time for their flights. They applied and received their QR codes 2 hours and 8 minutes after submitting. I am still in disbelief. It took me 4 days to get my test and go Thai pass back in early December. I don’t know if it’s because they used the Thai AXA insurance or what.

I was also stressing that my 16 year old applied on his own merits rather than attached to his 18 year old sibling as a dependent. But he was approved.

• Like 1

My Dec. 29th application is still stuck so I emailed [email protected] providing summary details requested and attaching my PCR testing receipt plus my hotel 7 days payment receipt.

I have a second application submitted a couple days ago with a bit more polished docs.  That one is still pending.

I looked like it might be hard to make applications within 7 days of the start of the hotel booking, not sure. Days before that were grayed out in the date picker.

Edited by SFSFSF

To update 

I now have all my paperwork and a PCR fit to fly today.

Will arrive in Phuket on Friday.

What happens if you test positive on arrival ?

And if you test positive on the 6th day ?

Be nice to k ow what to expect. 

On 1/12/2022 at 1:10 PM, Capella said:

I have a question on the Phuket Sandbox - will Thailand Pass be approved for an Agoda booking that is not yet paid, i.e. a reservation only, paid at the hotel with cancellation possible just one day before?

I think as long as the hotel  will give you a booking code you are fine. You need to contact the hotel and get a letter with the code on it. 

On 1/12/2022 at 8:04 AM, SFSFSF said:

My Dec. 29th application is still stuck so I emailed [email protected] providing summary details requested and attaching my PCR testing receipt plus my hotel 7 days payment receipt.

I have a second application submitted a couple days ago with a bit more polished docs.  That one is still pending.

I looked like it might be hard to make applications within 7 days of the start of the hotel booking, not sure. Days before that were grayed out in the date picker.

I applied on the 31st and then again on the 4th. I received my code on Tuesday