Anutin exhorts Thais to raise their Covid guard - just days after Instagram pictures angered netizens

webfact

18 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

I read on Gravitas, that a new variant more contagious than Omicron has been found in France, from an infected Cameroon man. Whether it causes worse effects has not yet been established. 

However, here we are in Thailand and should be ready to welcome Omicron to rid the country of Delta, a far worse variant. Healthy people should have no fear from the mildness of infection. That's what England is doing, and for once, I'm in accordance with their approach even if it further overloads the NHS. 

Despite its many mutations, experts are not overly concerned about new coronavirus variant B.1.640.2, first discovered in a traveler returning from Cameroon to France.

The World Health Organization has said that the new coronavirus variant B.1.640.2, first detected in France, is not a variant of concern.

https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-health-experts-not-alarmed-by-variant-identified-in-france/a-60329823

So we can get back to panicking over Omicron.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is typical SE Asian behavior.  Those in power live by their own rules and the followers (from a young age) have been trained to accept it.  It’s standard practice here and those from the West don’t understand it.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, koratkarlos said:

I like it here in Thailand.  Where I live it is peaceful and basically I am left alone to do as I please.  But when I think about Thai society I get angry.  Because of the double standard.  Because of the hiso wealth and people like my wife's parents getting like 800 THB/month to live on.  Then you see this guy Anutin at home with no mask, no social distance, telling people that it is their behavior that is causing COVID to spread.  And then he mandates business closures affecting many lives.  And these social restrictions will have no impact on the spread of the virus except maybe slightly delaying the timing.   The longer you live here the more you see this double standard in society.  But what gives me hope is that most of the Thai people are still happy as the government robs them of their livelyhood.  I truly hope that some real Thai leaders evovle that can think and get stuff done.  There are many good people here and Thailand can have a good future if put in the proper direction.

But do you wear a mask when you are at home, i don’t like the man but if these are family he lives with he is doing nothing wrong as I see it, i will of course stand. corrected

• Like 1