Anutin exhorts Thais to raise their Covid guard - just days after Instagram pictures angered netizens

webfact

1 hour ago, stephenterry said:

That's what England is doing, and for once, I'm in accordance with their approach even if it further overloads the NHS. 

.....says somebody who doesn't have the slightest knowledge....????.

The situation in hospital is worse as never before. Operations have to be delayed: A significant percentage of staff is infected by Covid.

But sure, you here in Thailand are not bothered......not yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zozod said:

This is typical SE Asian behavior.  Those in power live by their own rules and the followers (from a young age) have been trained to accept it.  It’s standard practice here and those from the West don’t understand it.  

We do and we don't like it.

Some parts of Asia need to move on and grow up.

Thailand being one of them.

The year is 2022, not 1822

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Just do what the majority of thais do, don't think about it.

Thinking about stuff is discouraged in the thai edumacation system, for a reason.

edumacation? You mean numptification.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I'm not fat, why should I have to pay for fat people's hospital.

I'm not a smoker, I don't play football/rugby/squash, etc.

I'm not female, why should I pay for their abortions ............

I'm not an Afghan/Syrian/Somali refugee .........

The list is endless.

So true it's never ending. The distinction I would draw is costs and how easy prevention is in relation to the risk.

Fat - We already have a sugar tax which penalises everyone. It would be hard to target fat people and the PC squad would veto any attempt to anyway. Fat is a hard one to solve due to so many variables.

Smoking - no - as it is taxed enough to cover the costs already. Passive smoking is the real problem and littering.

Sport - no - because it also has health benefits so probably evens out.

Female - no - because they have no option. Would you rather pay for an abortion or all the expenses of a child in care? Also a man was involved at the conception anyway.

Refugees - true refugees who go back when safe - no. The economic migrants coming from France, we are plagued with,  should be sent straight back to France as soon as they are found.

One relevant to Thailand - those who refuse to wear seat belts in cars or helmets on bikes - they are putting themselves and others in danger - 100%.

Antivaxxers - 100% - they are deliberately putting themselves and others, at great risk without any real evidence to support their claims. Maybe forcing them to buy health insurance would be a better option as the expense is taken no matter what instead of them thinking it is worth taking the risk.

Edited by chang1
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Artisi said:

As written into the manifesto of the hi-so and their boot lickers. 

Yeah. Fairly pathetic. What is so amusing here, is that the term hi-so, has so little meaning. It has no correlation with education, culture, nor sophistication. It only means you are rich. How very lame and unimpressive is that? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, chang1 said:

Singapore makes the unvaccinated pay for their hospital treatment which I think should be brought in here. The threat of having to sell their house to pay for treatment may concentrate the minds of antivaxers. Why should I  pay for treating them?

Where would you draw the line, Chang1?

For example, there are around 166,000 cancer deaths in the UK alone every 12 months (more than double the country's COVID-19 death rate). By the way, that's FROM cancer, not WITH it. And according to WHO, up to 50% of all cancer cases are preventable. 

Perhaps the clueless DIY Disaster Dads should also pay for orthopedic treatment for broken bones and amputations? And let's not forget all that costly care and treatment for preventable obesity, alcohol, and smoking-related illness. The list goes on… and on… and on. 

Heck, with your logic, only the fit and healthy would be entitled to medical treatment, but then, they wouldn't need it, would they. 

Stubby

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Yeah. Fairly pathetic. What is so amusing here, is that the term hi-so, has so little meaning. It has no correlation with education, culture, nor sophistication. It only means you are rich. How very lame and unimpressive is that? 

As my former MIL would say - "no breeding" 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, daveAustin said:

The best Thailand could have hoped for is a quick in and out, but they are now fully entrenched and drunk on power and coin.

They have always been the real powerbrokers mate, since the 1930's. They have used every opportunity to remove threats to their control, since I arrived 31 years ago anyway, and now they can pretty much do what they like as the only controlling influence there was is no longer with us. Remember in 1991/92 it almost went full blown Myanmar...

What some people fail to realise (not your good self of course), is that despite late 20th century and early 21st century modernisation, Thailand remains a very insular, inward looking, backward South East Asian nation that has gone from a rural farming economy through rapid industrialisation in less than five decades, resulting in a lot of fancy infrastructure and money but none of the fundamentals have followed such as improvements in education, social security, Policing, etc.

Those that have tried to divert money from the corrupt to make those improvements have been swiftly removed as from the very top down here there is no equality. Their culture dictates that due to the Dharma wheel and Karma, that you desrve what you get in this life from stuff you did in the past lives.

It is, in essence, a caste society, with money as the defining measure.

There's a reason the Buddhas are gold. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

They have always been the real powerbrokers mate, since the 1930's. They have used every opportunity to remove threats to their control, since I arrived 31 years ago anyway, and now they can pretty much do what they like as the only controlling influence there was is no longer with us. Remember in 1991/92 it almost went full blown Myanmar...

What some people fail to realise (not your good self of course), is that despite late 20th century and early 21st century modernisation, Thailand remains a very insular, inward looking, backward South East Asian nation that has gone from a rural farming economy through rapid industrialisation in less than five decades, resulting in a lot of fancy infrastructure and money but none of the fundamentals have followed such as improvements in education, social security, Policing, etc.

Those that have tried to divert money from the corrupt to make those improvements have been swiftly removed as from the very top down here there is no equality. Their culture dictates that due to the Dharma wheel and Karma, that you desrve what you get in this life from stuff you did in the past lives.

It is, in essence, a caste society, with money as the defining measure.

There's a reason the Buddhas are gold. 

Yes, a 'developing nation'; lots of glitzy shopping malls etc but scratch the surface and it's still very much third world underneath.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2022 at 2:45 AM, Stubby said:

Where would you draw the line, Chang1?

For example, there are around 166,000 cancer deaths in the UK alone every 12 months (more than double the country's COVID-19 death rate). By the way, that's FROM cancer, not WITH it. And according to WHO, up to 50% of all cancer cases are preventable. 

Perhaps the clueless DIY Disaster Dads should also pay for orthopedic treatment for broken bones and amputations? And let's not forget all that costly care and treatment for preventable obesity, alcohol, and smoking-related illness. The list goes on… and on… and on. 

Heck, with your logic, only the fit and healthy would be entitled to medical treatment, but then, they wouldn't need it, would they. 

Stubby

I answered that question in my next post.