Most inexpensive buffet breakfast in Pattaya?

EdrigoSalvadore

21 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Thanks. I think an alternative  option is too look for the  cheapest  but best quality  breakfast of which there are plenty but just not buffet style.

A friend of mine from Belfast likes a good breakfast and he uses Cheap Charlies quite a bit, next to Sutus Court.

• Thanks 1

On 1/8/2022 at 6:04 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

I believe in Quality over quantity  but yes...The Lek Hotel used to have AUCE buffet and Casa Pascal have a lovely AUCE buffet.

He was specifically asking about unlimited toast and eggs. Quality would not be a big consideration for toast and eggs. Paying for a quality buffet to eat toast and eggs would be a waste of money.

• Sad 1

On 1/8/2022 at 10:50 AM, soi3eddie said:

Agree totally that quality is better. Does anyone know if there are any good Sunday brunches being offered in Pattaya? Used to do them a few times a year in Bangkok but some of those have long since stopped.

The Hilton on beach road, if they still have it, and the wonderful Mantra in North Pattaya in that swiss chain, about 2,000 THB per person with free flow of wine and beers, not sure if they still have it

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

He was specifically asking about unlimited toast and eggs. Quality would not be a big consideration for toast and eggs. Paying for a quality buffet to eat toast and eggs would be a waste of money.

I am fully aware of what he was asking for and do not need you to tell me. However, as we had discussed the options as outlined in his original request I chose, with his  approval to enlarge the subject in a breakfast oriented direction. Neither him or  me require or asked for your needless intervention  or comment. If you have relevant useful contributions or suggestions to make then go ahead.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/9/2022 at 6:07 AM, jacko45k said:

Areca seemed to switch from a small buffet to a la carte.... both not very good!

Yes experienced this twice in 2020/2021.

And not even "a la carte".

Just got same boring stuff.

Not even variation for eggs.

Room price was too tempting (800 incl.) :tongue:

Could have skipped it.

On Sat/Sun a meager buffet.

Edited by KhunBENQ

1 hour ago, GrandPapillon said:

The Hilton on beach road, if they still have it, and the wonderful Mantra in North Pattaya in that swiss chain, about 2,000 THB per person with free flow of wine and beers, not sure if they still have it

Mantra is no more; the building was renovated and re-named Beach Quarter. I have seen Amari guests eating breakfast there but I haven't seem them advertising a buffet brunch for allcomers. Maybe post Covid.

21 minutes ago, champers said:

Mantra is no more; the building was renovated and re-named Beach Quarter. I have seen Amari guests eating breakfast there but I haven't seem them advertising a buffet brunch for allcomers. Maybe post Covid.

oh no, Mantra is gone. Great place for diner and brunch. Best place in Pattaya IMO. All goods things come to an end I guess.

Only miserable crappy cheap places seem to survive in Pattaya ????

On 1/8/2022 at 10:36 PM, Gottfrid said:

Try to choose 5 packs of food in 7 Eleven and eat it at a park bench,

Reminds me when on way home from work in Madrid I would buy a Whole Hot Roast Chicken with Gravy at Carrefour …. and scoff the lot  on the park bench opposite ! Would often share with homeless tramps there……

You Tube videos show a great selection of Seven 11 Foods which can be microwaved there ready to eat …..   

My question is why anyone would want a BUFFET breakfast?

Toast, bacon ,eggs  etc left in  warm dishes for hours ..yuk!!

That's  for cheap Charlie's or people who don't  care about good food.

I prefer to go for a proper English breakfast..FRESHLY COOKED and served with a smile and hot cup of tee or coffee!!

Now where is the best venue for this in town?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hammerite said:

I prefer to go for a proper English breakfast..FRESHLY COOKED and served with a smile and hot cup of tee or coffee!!

They include like 1 toast and 1 egg, what if I want 10 eggs and 10 toasts, and drink tea for an hour? How much would that cost in your place?

18 minutes ago, EdrigoSalvadore said:

They include like 1 toast and 1 egg, what if I want 10 eggs and 10 toasts, and drink tea for an hour? How much would that cost in your place?

in my place, that would cost about 75 baht LOL. About 55 for the eggs and 20 for the bread. Extra if I want butter on my toast. I've eaten 6 eggs for breakfast many times, but never 10.

12 hours ago, Hammerite said:

The large English breakfast served at Cheap Charlies (Soi Buakhao) for 139 baht takes some beating IMHO. 2 bacon, 2 eggs (fried/poached/scrambled), 3 small sausages, black pud, mushrooms, half tomato, beans, fried bread, toast, juice and a mug of tea or coffee.

267716320_625800488761445_1377254922293930921_n.jpg

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/9/2022 at 4:48 AM, bkk6060 said:

The Lek for 150 would be my guess. 

There are several of them but I like the Sportsman Soi 13 for Sunday carvery buffet.  I think it starts at 12 noon.

Does the OP not specify BREAKFAST?

15 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I am fully aware of what he was asking for and do not need you to tell me. However, as we had discussed the options as outlined in his original request I chose, with his  approval to enlarge the subject in a breakfast oriented direction. Neither him or  me require or asked for your needless intervention  or comment. If you have relevant useful contributions or suggestions to make then go ahead.

The buffets will start to open again when the Chinese come back. :shock1:

44 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Not necessary, wheat bread with boiled, poached or scrambled egg.

What egg-xactly do you mean? 10 eggs and 10 pieces of bread is unhealthy no matter how you "slice" it.  ..kind of like a super-sized diet softdrink, and lettuce not forget the all you can eat salad bar.????

• Haha 1

On 1/10/2022 at 6:36 AM, jacko45k said:

Frequently they are fried eggs that were cooked some time ago and have been left to go cold, very unappetizing. At such breakfasts I usually order a freshly made omelet, but doubt that can be done multiple times. 

agreed ......  fried eggs sit there for hours '    ham floating in warm water '     vile looking baby sausages in water '   if there is bacon it's usually cold and horrible '

some places have cold toast that isn't even toast,   watered down orange cordial that they pass off as fresh juice.

yuk   !!   ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, neytil said:

What egg-xactly do you mean? 10 eggs and 10 pieces of bread is unhealthy no matter how you "slice" it.  ..kind of like a super-sized diet softdrink, and lettuce not forget the all you can eat salad bar.????

10 eggs ... don't want to be sitting in the same room with you in a few hours.  ????

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, JensenZ said:

Quality would not be a big consideration for toast and eggs.

You may not think so but I for one stay well clear of the lukewarm under cooked sunny side up eggs.

Eggs are cooked to order at Casa Pascal.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

The large English breakfast served at Cheap Charlies (Soi Buakhao) for 139 baht takes some beating IMHO. 2 bacon, 2 eggs (fried/poached/scrambled), 3 small sausages, black pud, mushrooms, half tomato, beans, fried bread, toast, juice and a mug of tea or coffee.

267716320_625800488761445_1377254922293930921_n.jpg

Sounds awesome  mate thanks.  I will make a bee line for this luscious  breakfast next time I'm in town.

Mine's a large one!!!

Well that's  what I tell the ladies!!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, EdrigoSalvadore said:

Never mind the cost buddy. Stay away from me!!

You will be farting like an elephant for hours!!!

1 hour ago, Hammerite said:

Sounds awesome  mate thanks.  I will make a bee line for this luscious  breakfast next time I'm in town.

Mine's a large one!!!

Well that's  what I tell the ladies!!

I live in Buriram but when me & Mrs. MD go to the seaside (6-7 times a year), Cheap Charlies is my go to breakfast place. Mrs. MD sometimes accompanies me for a small EB which she also enjoys, but mainly she can get all the food she likes at the food carts in and around Soi Buakhao & Soi LengKee.

• Like 1