Motorbike Purchase Preferred Method

night_rider

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Your not talking big money with  either scooters Clicks s/h cheap as chips.

What you decide to do I cannot decide for you. 

The question how much money you got together so far and look ads. 

BathSold and many other places even here on Asian Now sell those scoots I would not worry about how old they are there pretty bulletproof.

And cheap to fix.

Just make it easy for you OP and get a Honda, they have the biggest dealerships network by far and cost nothing to fix.

Wave or Click or PCX anytime, that's the 3 you want to be buying, or a limited edition doreamon Scoopy if that's your thing !

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Facebook marketplace has the best prices.

Yes ..... and a good search/alert fascility.  There's some dodgy sellers on Facebook Marketplace, but they are generally easy to spot - as you can view their full profile.

If a private seller, you should see older photos of bike trips etc, if a dealer, there will be reviews and photos of happy, smiling customers.

Setting up an alert for the type of bike you want will show the typical asking prices, and let you pick the ones you think look good.

Then you can chat via messenger, ask to see more photos or a video, then arrange to meet up.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Your not talking big money with  either scooters Clicks s/h cheap as chips.

What you decide to do I cannot decide for you. 

The question how much money you got together so far and look ads. 

BathSold and many other places even here on Asian Now sell those scoots I would not worry about how old they are there pretty bulletproof.

Yes my 4yo Click still feels bullet proof, 100% reliable. I personally don't like PCXs just felt like floating when i rode one. Girls in Pattaya seem to prefer PCXs, they do look good on them

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Screaming said:

Motorbikes are very dangerous in Thailand

It not the motorbikes that are dangerous its the user and its not only Thailand is the world over. 

To ride a motorbike safety on the road you need training, experience.

I've seen so many videos of accidents that could have been avoided if the rider had not frozen or panicked or just maneuvered around the obstacle. 

21 hours ago, night_rider said:

I have not been able to find a One2Car onlin

Kaidee.com

Also, these days I've noticed 2nd hand scooters with their odometers wound back. . 

Apparently it's quite easy to change/reprogram the speedo with devices bought on lazada etc. 

Back in the day all the taxi motor bike riders would buy Honda Waves or similar but they're choosing PCX's these days.

Lots of these used bikes on the market with reduced mileage. 

I’ve just been through the process and bought one for the G/F to use on short trips instead of her pick-up and for me to use whilst I’m out here. As someone who’s ridden bikes on and off road for over 45 years and can rebuild engines, my advice if you’re planning to keep it a while would always be to buy new, preferably cash if you can because finance deals here are not that inviting? Second hand prices are also extremely high here compared to the west and I’ve seen some shops asking silly money for what is basically a high mileage ex-rental bike? Plenty of these often pose as private sellers but if you click on their other items for sale on websites such as BahtSold, they somehow have a fleet of bikes?  The majority of Thais by nature are somewhat adverse to maintenance and have the attitude that if it’s not broke why worry? Therefore you don’t really know what you’re buying and the same applies for auctions if you don’t know what you’re doing?

If you’re not too big physically and can get the 3 of you on a Click, I’d go for the 150i model which has the same power as the old PCX? As other posters have said, maintenance is cheap here, so keep it serviced when due and keep the receipts or get the book stamped? Honda engines are one of the toughest in the world so if you follow this, the bike will last you a long time. Additionally, if it’s looked after maintenance wise, if ever you want to sell, you shouldn’t have any problems and will get a decent price back?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Trip Hop said:

If you’re not too big physically and can get the 3 of you on a Click, I’d go for the 150i model which has the same power as the old PCX?

3 people on a motorbike, what are you thinking of, you could start a riot on here with loose posting like that!

(I've got  the 150i click and I really like it for short trips)

18 minutes ago, nahkit said:

3 people on a motorbike, what are you thinking of, you could start a riot on here with loose posting like that!

(I've got  the 150i click and I really like it for short trips)

My preference is the Aerox but too big for her and lacks the practicality of the flat step through floor that’s good for bags.  The Click 150i is a good bike and easier to park in town. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trip Hop said:

My preference is the Aerox but too big for her and lacks the practicality of the flat step through floor that’s good for bags.

My preference was also for the Aerox but I went with the Click for the exact same reason - a decision I sometimes regret as the wife then refused to use the Click because she said it was too confusing to start it! Overall though, I still like the Click.

• Haha 1

OP as others said pay cash..   financing is easy but you’ll pay DOUBLE....   buy what you need 1 or 2..

but please no more than 2 on at a time..  it’s extremely dangerous if you dump it and unfortunately accidents do happen... MC are a bunch of fun.. Enjoy..

Click 150i are popular,like the step thru too,about 165 new I guess,year or two old come down to 142 or thereabouts. No way I'm buying new,no idea how long in TH,and selling no price drops or actually selling,same bikes I'm seeing been on market for year or two

Recently looked up 2016 model 125 Click for 8000  clean looking,  prob 110 would be cheaper,the newer Clicks have beefier looking  body panels tho,but Clicks a Click and rebore to 150,piston /rings about 7000,springs cheap enough

Probably go that way,can dump it if I leave,no great loss,like the Yammy

• Should have pit this piece here,instead of other thread
  •  

3 hours ago, fredscats said:

Click 150i are popular,like the step thru too,about 165 new I guess,year or two old come down to 142 or thereabouts. No way I'm buying new,no idea how long in TH,and selling no price drops or actually selling,same bikes I'm seeing been on market for year or two

Recently looked up 2016 model 125 Click for 8000  clean looking,  prob 110 would be cheaper,the newer Clicks have beefier looking  body panels tho,but Clicks a Click and rebore to 150,piston /rings about 7000,springs cheap enough

Probably go that way,can dump it if I leave,no great loss,like the Yammy

• Should have pit this piece here,instead of other thread
  •  

A 2016 Click 125i is nearer to 20k-25k, maybe the one you saw is very high mileage or even older

Edited by scubascuba3

On 1/10/2022 at 5:26 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Yes my 4yo Click still feels bullet proof, 100% reliable. I personally don't like PCXs just felt like floating when i rode one.

I've had a Click for about 14 years now, and it's a marvellous little scooter, and have had no real problems with it over the years, so as you say, practically "bullet-proof".

I'm not fond of the bigger bikes/scooters either, so I'll stick with this one until such time as it has done its dash, and then I'll probably buy another one/equivalent one, as is only used for pottering around town, because I have a car for longer journeys.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Agusts said:

If not an expert , or for piece of mind,  just buy 1 or max 2 years old bike, it should be fine normally without any issues, and save a bundle over whoever paid the new price for it...

Make sure you see the servicing book with dates and mileage. 

It's so easy to change the odometer reading, you can buy these gadgets on lazada, all the small motorbike shops do it. 

No service book don't buy it