Chonburi Public Health Chief inspects business venues with previous clusters in Pattaya amid rising Covid-19 infections locally

webfact

232701-768x576.jpg

By Nop Meechukhun

Chonburi – Officials from the Chonburi Provincial Public Health were deployed to inspect venues in Pattaya that have been recorded as a previous ‘cluster’ with Covid-19 transmission yesterday night, January 8th, after the province reached the highest number of Covid-19 patients in the country.

Dr. Apirat Katanyutanon, Chief of Chonburi Public Health, led the department to inspect the Pattaya area and encourage all venues to strictly comply with the government’s preventive measures and conduct ATK tests more frequently on customers and travellers before visiting as well as on employers and employees, to include any performers or musicians.

Apirat told TPN reporters: “The venues must conduct an ATK (Rapid antigen kit) test for all customers before entering. Self-tests at home or “photos” of a negative test are no longer allowed because some of them may not present the latest results of the test. 

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/01/09/chonburi-public-health-chief-inspects-business-venues-with-previous-clusters-in-pattaya-amid-rising-covid-19-infections-locally/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Dr. Apirat Katanyutanon, Chief of Chonburi Public Health, led the department to inspect the Pattaya area and encourage all venues to strictly comply with the government’s preventive measures and conduct ATK tests more frequently on customers and travellers before visiting as well as on employers and employees, to include any performers or musicians.

must have been really impressed with the full (none) compliance with any rules

there is no stopping the omicron spreading no matter what, lucky it seems in most cases like a bad cold for most

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, grego49 said:

They have to be joking all the bars i saw in Pattaya were rammed and not a test in sight,,

This will no doubt be reflected in hospital admissions in the near future, and given most of the staff are younger than their customers, that means it will be expats / tourists that will be making up most of the hospital numbers, if in fact there is actually a bed in the hospitals available for them.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, grego49 said:

They have to be joking all the bars i saw in Pattaya were rammed and not a test in sight,,

Exactly what the authorities want. They set the rules, bar/restaraunts don't follow them and authorities will say, you don't follow rules so we're going to shut it all down, leave us no choice. Plus if they do follow the rules there will be so few wanting to risk the ATK hospital incarceration lottery it would turn into a defacto shutdown.

I have a serious question and admit I know  little about the testing procedure.  If I attempt to enter a bar & fail the test am I 'arrested' and incarcerated at a nearby 'hospitel'?  Who pays for stay/treatment?  Can I refuse the test and go elsewhere?  What guarantee is there about the accuracy of the test?

The folks back in the day (100 years ago) did a much better job dealing with the Spanish Flu, than the a&&h%les in the world today.

Whatever happen to critical thinking?

Same stupid policies that have not worked since day 1!!!!

8 hours ago, Taboo2 said:

The folks back in the day (100 years ago) did a much better job dealing with the Spanish Flu, than the a&&h%les in the world today.

Whatever happen to critical thinking?

Same stupid policies that have not worked since day 1!!!!

I can't remember...... what did they do that was particularly effective?

Ban international flights?