Tested Positive for COVID entry stamp runs out tomorrow

1 minute ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:
7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Aggression??? Don’t be silly. 

Isolating at home has not resolved your friends potential overstay issue.....  Thus, do you know how he plans to overcome this ?

Expand  

No I don’t. 

thanks, weirdo. You really helped a lot here 

Dude.... you need to take a look in the mirror.... 

You’ve turned a genuine question into accusing me of being aggressive and now called me a weirdo.... 

Very strange behaviour... 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You have been more than helpful.

OP, has been very ungrateful.

I'm also interested in process to deal with overstay. May be as simple as the "covid assistance" folk providing some sort of evidence that can provide immigration to grant medical extension.

Who knows. 

All very vague from OP and not provide much assistance for anyone that ends up in same boat. 

Ask as I said 3 times now, he called the covid hotline and they advised him to stay at home. He then messaged me to say it’s all sorted. I think he might be overstaying, but I don’t know. 

@SherylThis thread can be locked now. It’s descended into the usual recriminations. It’s weird how this happens 

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Agreed....  Very odd and selfish behaviour from the Op....

With the onset of Omicron potentially impacting  many foreigners in Thailand as they approach their Visa / extension renewal days, 90 day report etc.... it would be very helpful for many to know how they can easily resolve the issue of applying for an extensions or avoiding overstay when they test positive for Covid-19 at the same time. 

The Covid-19 hotline advising ’stay at home’ is not a resolution to the immigration problem, its just advice regarding how to respond when testing positive and ignores the fact that the Ops friend will ultimately be in Thailand illegally and could face a ban if he were to find himself ‘caught’ before he heads to the airport to depart. 

The Ops avoiding of this simple question and his extremely strange response highlights how he considers himself beyond providing the very same and advice he found himself asking for. 

Hi Richard, are you ok, seriously? 

I don’t know the details, just that it’s sorted. I think the mods can lock this thread now. 

2 minutes ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

Ask as I said 3 times now, he called the covid hotline and they advised him to stay at home. He then messaged me to say it’s all sorted. I think he might be overstaying, but I don’t know. 

You don’t know.................      thats all you needed to mention. 

So... His situation has not been resolved - he’s on overstay. 

2 minutes ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

@SherylThis thread can be locked now. It’s descended into the usual recriminations. It’s weird how this happens 

Read back through the thread... You’ll see from your comments how this happened. 

• Like 2