African tourists can apply for “Thailand Pass” under “sandbox” program

webfact

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAivXZhZvbx8kIhh5u86f30kCE2s5u6aR0TDQUbuV.jpg

Tourists from African countries will be able to apply for the “Thailand Pass” to enter the country under the “sandbox” program from Tuesday, as Thailand adjusts foreign entry requirements to reflect the changing COVID-19 situation, particularly as concerns the Omicron variant.

Under the “sandbox” scheme, foreign travellers must stay at accredited hotels in “sandbox” provinces for at least five days, to enable observation of their condition before they travel elsewhere.

According to the spokesman for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, foreign travellers entering Thailand under this alternative quarantine program must be fully inoculated, in accordance with the Thai Public Health Ministry’s regulations, and will be subjected to seven days quarantine instead of 14 days.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/african-tourists-can-apply-for-thailand-pass-under-sandbox-program/

Logo-top-.png
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, NicholasTH said:

I hope there is no blow back from this as there’s only 20% of some African counties vaccinated.. 

Yes and Omicron has spread right through Africa now and they are showing strong natural immunity, maybe that's why.

Latest report from the mother in Law who works at Dinosaur market in HUA HIN, she just said minutes ago, she knows no-one with Omicron at the market, possibly I said to her, they don't know they had it, and she says no delta that she knows off, sounds encouraging as she said a few weeks ago stall holders were collapsing from delta so she stayed away for a few weeks

1 hour ago, kiwikeith said:

Yes and Omicron has spread right through Africa now and they are showing strong natural immunity, maybe that's why.

Latest report from the mother in Law who works at Dinosaur market in HUA HIN, she just said minutes ago, she knows no-one with Omicron at the market, possibly I said to her, they don't know they had it, and she says no delta that she knows off, sounds encouraging as she said a few weeks ago stall holders were collapsing from delta so she stayed away for a few weeks

I know there are a lot of dinosaurs  in Hua Hin, but I didn`t know that they sold them......????

8 hours ago, kiwikeith said:
11 hours ago, NicholasTH said:

Herd immunity gained from the very weak omicron variant but no one is listening in the government so they just continue to bark up the wrong tree every minute of the day.

Typical answers from the unaware or just plain ignorant posters. Alot of Farang expats work in Africa and do nothing but spend money in Thailand supporting the whole economy not just the tourism side of it ie. people with families, Alot of business people investing there also travelling to and from. If you fly from Africa to Thailand generally the MEDIA would class you as a tourist. Do some really think the local bicycle mechanic in the bush would bring his wife and ten kids on holiday to Thailand. I think its great news although, I'm on day 2 of 2 week quarantine arriving from Africa

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mha noi said:

Typical answers from the unaware or just plain ignorant posters. Alot of Farang expats work in Africa and do nothing but spend money in Thailand supporting the whole economy not just the tourism side of it ie. people with families, Alot of business people investing there also travelling to and from. If you fly from Africa to Thailand generally the MEDIA would class you as a tourist. Do some really think the local bicycle mechanic in the bush would bring his wife and ten kids on holiday to Thailand. I think its great news although, I'm on day 2 of 2 week quarantine arriving from Africa

There is a lot of rich  people around North n South  Africa .