5-6 Day RT-PCR Free Test Banglamung Pattaya

scotsdude

Hi all, 

Has anyone done the mandatory second 5-6 day after arrival RT-PCR Test in Banglamung Hospital? Was it busy? And or does anyone have any recommendations where to get the 2nd test in Pattaya? I have to get one on Friday or Saturday. Thanks in advance.

On 1/11/2022 at 10:35 PM, scotsdude said:

and go private and pay.

If you have the pink slip from your original hotel you should be able to get it free.

Did you do Test and Go in Pattaya? If so go back to that hotel and ask them to do it - they will be linked with a partner hospital.

23 hours ago, topt said:

If you have the pink slip from your original hotel you should be able to get it free.

Did you do Test and Go in Pattaya? If so go back to that hotel and ask them to do it - they will be linked with a partner hospital.

I did it privately yesterday with a clinic that was on the approved Goverment list.... But they wouldn't do it for free and they didn't scan the pink slip either... Most hospitals i've called on the list say they're not doing the free tests .... it's a shambles... only if you're paying and only if it's for travel and work.... only took 5 mins to get it done with the clinic i used in 3rd road better than going to the circus at banglamung... i just sent a copy of the negative test result to the hotel i used for test an go... as far as i'm concerned scanned pink slip or no scanned pink slip i tried my best it's up to them to get their <deleted> together... 

8 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

For the 5-6 day Test, does arrival day count as day 1 or day 0?

I arrived 8am Friday so assume I can be tested with 2nd PCR on Tuesday?

My understanding is that day if arrival is considered Day 0

• Thanks 1

I've read all the linked thread and it's a bit confusing regarding jomtien hospital. Some say they used it and was easy, while others said no appointments available and Banglamung hospital is the only possible test centre (while some have paid private with the hope it's accepted).

Has anyone used Jomtien Hospital for the free 5-7 day PCR test in the last 10 days or so?

16 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

I've read all the linked thread and it's a bit confusing regarding jomtien hospital. Some say they used it and was easy, while others said no appointments available and Banglamung hospital is the only possible test centre (while some have paid private with the hope it's accepted).

Has anyone used Jomtien Hospital for the free 5-7 day PCR test in the last 10 days or so?

Jomtien Hospital said only if you stayed in one of their hotels they're contracted to..... 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, scotsdude said:

Jomtien Hospital said only if you stayed in one of their hotels they're contracted to..... 

Thanks, saved me a trip. I guess it's Banglaumung covid fest or nothing. At least if I catch it there I can ATK and isolate at home...

9 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Thanks, saved me a trip. I guess it's Banglaumung covid fest or nothing. At least if I catch it there I can ATK and isolate at home...

I just went private... Used MT-Inter on 3rd Road.... Cost 2900 baht but all done in 5 mins and no queuing..... From what I see it's a shambles at Banglamung.... Rather pay and get it done hassle free than put myself through that circus...

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, scotsdude said:

I just went private... Used MT-Inter on 3rd Road.... Cost 2900 baht but all done in 5 mins and no queuing..... From what I see it's a shambles at Banglamung.... Rather pay and get it done hassle free than put myself through that circus...

Yes, I heard a rather damning report from someone who had gone to Banglamung......

Banglamung hospital today (Thursday 19th) morning. Not busy at all but I was there early (opens at 8). 

I got a mail from Bangkok Pattaya Hospital telling me that they did those free tests at their Jomtien branch.

10 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

My Morchana app just turned green without me doing anything, does this mean I no longer need to do the PCR test lol

My Morchana app has turned orange on my new smartphone but it has remained green on the old one.

Just back from Bangmalung PCR testing. Was expecting a horror story but it was a quite painless in and out in less than an hour

07:50 given a form to fill out, I was #20. No line and ample seats social distanced and in shade (noone with suit cases like previously reported)

08:00 they called #1 to have passport copied with ticket number and they take your pink slip. I was called at 08:10 and go indoors to wait (everyone seated and distanced)

08:25 #1 was called for test. As #20 I was called 08:35.

The final stage was to load the hospital onto the line app so you can get result. Takes about a minute except the guy in front of me didn't have line installed while another didn't have wifi (nurse hotspotted him)

All done at 8:45 which was pretty good since the sign said testing would only start at 09:00 ????