Pattaya is a high risk place to visit with all the old self entitled retiree's walking around with no masks on.

davidst01

21 hours ago, connda said:

The OP is no doubt double or triple vaxxed so he's perfectly safe as the Covid vaccines are 'effective.' 
Don't worry, be happy!  Modern science will keep you perfectly safe.
But for those who worry - wear a N95 or N99 mask.  You'll be fine.  Don't worry about the other guys.  They'll all die for sure!  :thumbsup:

how the heck can you say this ... that is not correct    the mask is to protect others and YOU can still get CV  even vaxed         read the info 

• Haha 1

Always the contrarian!  I disagree with the assertion that the standard masks which can be seen everywhere, are effective. Consider the size of the virus: 1/94th the size of the mesh in the mask. Look at it this way: 47 of the little buggers could hold hands across the gap. Get the jab and reduce the severity of the illness. Reduce your weight if you are obese, be wary if you are old.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

theoretically certain masks maybe helpful but in the real world they do little, In Scotland people still wear masks and Omicron is widespread

You are perfectly free to believe that if they didn't wear masks where required, it wouldn't be even more widespread. Selective thinking prevails.

Take it from someone who was there not that long ago, those sat around the table in a pub with a pint in their hand are not wearing masks.

The ability to remove the mask where allowed is a major factor in the spread.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Actually  as more and more information  is collated even as recent  as yesterday mask wearing is proving to be, along with social distancing, very effective at cutting down on covid spread. There is some very interesting research  on droplet spread and survival which is very encouraging BUT people will believe  what they want to due to confirmation bias. Fortunately I like masks and think they are great fun..

There is also medical information that suggests the main reason the masks can be beneficial is that they prevent people from touching their mouths and noses which cuts off the main transmission route of the virus ie touching contaminated surfaces and then touching lips or nostrils, people do it all the time without even being aware most of the time. The effectiveness on airborne particles is minimal if any at all.

4 hours ago, AKJeff said:

Stoping obesity could be logically argued as an aid to slowing the virus,

Well you don't just stop it do you. It takes an individual a long time to get that weight down. It is just another of those weaknesses people suffer under, drug addiction, gambling, smoking etc. A few of those add to comorbidities that make covid a bit more deadly. 

15 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

No one enjoys wearing mask ... but it’s a small price to pay to getting through the Monster Covid.....

if it’s that difficult pack up and go find another place to fit you needs.. 

Perhaps it's yourself that needs to find another place to fit your needs.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

theoretically certain masks maybe helpful but in the real world they do little, In Scotland people still wear masks and Omicron is widespread

The women there should wear muzzles not masks!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Yewbzee said:

There is also medical information that suggests the main reason the masks can be beneficial is that they prevent people from touching their mouths and noses which cuts off the main transmission route of the virus ie touching contaminated surfaces and then touching lips or nostrils, people do it all the time without even being aware most of the time. The effectiveness on airborne particles is minimal if any at all.

I thought the 'touching contaminates surfaces' had been debunked.

Allegedly less than 1 in 10,000 chance of catching by touching a surface.

99.99% spread by the infected breathing out.

• Thanks 2

It has been known from the start that wearing any mask that is not a N95 or KN95, is no protection for the mask wearer

unless it is some other industrial style.  People who want protection for themselves have to wear a KN95 or even better an N95, 

even though it is a bit harder to breath with these masks.  My Thai family in Bangkok only wear N95 masks and they have all been

able to stay healthy so far, they all have friends who have recently been coming down with omicron, and are being even

more cautious, as you all know that Thais do not get paid if they do not work. This is Thailand. My cousin lives in Pattaya area, and he

avoids the people who who act like idiots, or in this case covidiots.    It really is too bad that omicron is crowding out the delta

variant so quickly. In red neck America there are still lots of unvaccinated people who are getting sick enough to be in the ICUs

in their hospitals. I think that is the case in Russia as well. I am glad to hear that most Thais are at least wearing their masks

and getting vaccinated as well. A couple of my relatives were hold outs, but they were told by the rest of the family to stay home.

I guess they did not want to do that so finally got their shots of the good stuff, as they did not want anything to do with the Chinese

vaccine.  Good luck to all of you.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well you don't just stop it do you. It takes an individual a long time to get that weight down. It is just another of those weaknesses people suffer under, drug addiction, gambling, smoking etc. A few of those add to comorbidities that make covid a bit more deadly. 

Quite right too. Perhaps people should avoid getting fat in the first place. Nurses will thank you when it comes your time for the hospital.

7 minutes ago, TropicalGuy said:

Common Masks Provide Insufficient or No Medical Benefit. Massively Political,Anti Social & Inconvenient. Mask Quality Control Impossible outside Hospitals.
Obvious Conclusion Ditch All Compulsory Mask Wearing outside Medical Facilities. 

Rubbish.

You have no idea what you talk of... just another 'mummy I don't want to'........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, TropicalGuy said:

Ditch All Compulsory Mask Wearing outside Medical Facilities. 

Do viruses and bacteria know when you're inside a medical facility?

• Haha 1

On 1/13/2022 at 1:13 PM, scubascuba3 said:

i wear a mask to follow the rules but most of us know it's a waste of time and makes little difference especially outside. Vaccines on the other hand were a game changer

same here but we ate at a restaurant the other afternoon of course no masks place fairly crowded..but for an hour sitting there no mask ..then in the afternoon im out on my motorcycle 70..90 km an hour but have to wear a mask.....if it cant get me sitting still how the hell can it get me on a bike .. stupidity at its best

• Like 2