Pattaya is a high risk place to visit with all the old self entitled retiree's walking around with no masks on.

davidst01

On 1/16/2022 at 12:51 PM, Ohyesuare said:
On 1/16/2022 at 12:17 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

I get a few chuckles when I see people driving alone with a mask on. As for the people wearing one when outside with no one close ............................

If it wasn't all so annoying it'd be humorous, IMO.

It's actually a law as part of the emergency decree to wear one in those conditions, I'm sure many aren't doing it because they love having one on. I don't think you'd be chuckling and find it so humorous if you were stopped and fined for not wearing one by an opportunistic cop one day.

This non-issue came up when the mask mandate was being re-stated last year. If you are alone in your car, keep the windows up and there's no need to mask up.

The silliness came when driving with your wife or other family member in the car. Although you can stay in the same house without a mask, the same occupants need to wear one when in the car together.

On 1/14/2022 at 4:54 PM, HampiK said:

You wear the mask to protect others!
And even when you had it, this not mean you can't become it again.

And so far I understood, for many omicron is really only like a cold, but for some it's much more. only because you had no problem not mean everybody is the same.

Protect others from something I don't have anymore? Chances getting it again are pretty slim maybe even zero. Imo probably everyone in Pattaya had it or was in contact with it.

For some others flu is deadly or the common cold or traffic or hearth problems or high blood pressure or gazillion other things people die from. Heck, people die even from old age! Time to get things back in perspective.

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, ExpatDraco said:

Those who are brainwashed with fear by the media should stay home and lock themselves up.

The Thai people are fed quite a scare mongers diet on their media..... we foreigners are isolated from that and open to how the situation is elsewhere. One should at least consider their feelings and not scoff their behavior, and taunt them by not following the precautions they are obliged to. They likely do not have the choice to stay home too.....

• Like 2

On 1/13/2022 at 4:21 PM, richard_smith237 said:

On the beach - No need

There is a reasonable level of common sense... and that may stretch to the discussion of cloth masks to N95 masks.

In light of the R8 to R15 transmission rates of Omicron mask wearing is starting to appear ineffective, yet that may not be the case. They may still protect others.

Given the potential tensions and sensitivities - the question really should be.. what kind of a££hole doesn’t wear a mask in public ????

You on the beach it seems

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

The Thai people are fed quite a scare mongers diet on their media..... we foreigners are isolated from that and open to how the situation is elsewhere. One should at least consider their feelings and not scoff their behavior, and taunt them by not following the precautions they are obliged to. They likely do not have the choice to stay home too.....

There's a difference between being polite and obeying the rules when outside, and being scared of it, and attacking people on here because they have a different opinion.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

There's a difference between being polite and obeying the rules when outside, and being scared of it, and attacking people on here because they have a different opinion.

As per the post I responded to.....

On 1/18/2022 at 5:10 PM, ExpatDraco said:

Funny thing: I got some cold symptoms, next day I tested negative. After 3 days my symptoms were gone and I did another test: positive. And yes, I wear a mask, not by choice ofc. Stayed at home until negative. But tbh, looking at Omikron stats, better get it over with fast now it's mild and you get a free immunity boost! Party on! Those who are brainwashed with fear by the media should stay home and lock themselves up.

Imo, it passed Pattaya already.

And yes, my life and freedom are more important than some old people dying from a disease or old age. People die everyday. Seems like many people have forgotten that.

The best news lately is the UK has ended (soon) all vaccy passports, face diapers etc. Covid/Omricon is over. Let's hope the rest of the world does the same.

Granted if a person is sick and knows it then by all means wear one when outside your home. Let's see how many power hungry politicians try to hang on to the restrictions.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jaideedave said:

The best news lately is the UK has ended (soon) all vaccy passports, face diapers etc. Covid/Omricon is over. Let's hope the rest of the world does the same.

Granted if a person is sick and knows it then by all means wear one when outside your home. Let's see how many power hungry politicians try to hang on to the restrictions.

Oz WA Premier.. He.s their hero! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, jaideedave said:

Different countries are at different stages in relation to vaccinating their population.

Whilst Omricon is now the dominant variant, Delta didn't go away.  Plenty of Delta still out there.

As other countries catch up to the UK, they will open up as well.  However, some may decide to wait a while and see what new variant mutates from the countries that have opened up.  

On 1/13/2022 at 3:51 PM, Bangel72 said:

Consensus is that we will all get covid at some point, if you are not boosted though you are still at high risk so should probably just stay home until you get your booster.

The boosted though should likely live life as normal, the faster everyone gets omnicron the quicker herd immunity will build up.

This is different now from the early mad ideas about herd immunity purely because we are talking about groups with two jabs and a booster alongside a potentially milder strain that likely puts less pressure on the hospitals.

Consider UK currently, yes it skyrocketed but looks like its coming down again within a month.

If we slow the spread too much then we will still be here in years to come.

The lack of jabs for under 18's though remains a risk.

Not quite suggesting covid parties just yet though, likely though a market for covid positive only zones to party in.

Agree with some of whay you say here but you do realise that almost 1500 people are dying per week in the UK? Hardly a success story.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, claffey said:

Agree with some of whay you say here but you do realise that almost 1500 people are dying per week in the UK? Hardly a success story.

Perhaps the success story is there are not 15,000 deceased a week, thanks to the vaccines. 

The world can not stay closed forever, and forever is the length of time covid will be around.  

Tragically, just as there's no cure for cancer, the vaccines are the best humanity currently has to offer in its fight against covid.  

The UK has a good public health care system, which gives those susceptible to an adverse reaction the best chance of survival, not so Thailand.  

24 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Tell that to those waiting for simple operations.

My old mother needs hearing aids, been waiting more than a year.... good health care system, you reckon?

Are hearing aids surgery?

In case you, and your mother, haven't noticed, there's a global pandemic.  

The NHS is better than most.  

Do you think the Thai public system is better?  

50 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Its an example

And a poor one, at that.

51 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

You know this from your own recent personal experience?

Not recent experience, but are you saying Thailand's public health care system is better than the NHS?  

4 hours ago, Leaver said:

The UK has a good public health care system, which gives those susceptible to an adverse reaction the best chance of survival, not so Thailand.

I don't think the UK healthcare system is good. Yes there are thousands of hard working dedicated staff in the NHS, but the system itself is pretty terrible. Covid survival chances in UK hospitals is not good compared to similar countries. 

Taking my old mum for her shoulder replacement op tomorrow (after a 2.5 year wait, in great pain) and I'll have everything crossed. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

I don't think the UK healthcare system is good. Yes there are thousands of hard working dedicated staff in the NHS, but the system itself is pretty terrible. Covid survival chances in UK hospitals is not good compared to similar countries. 

Taking my old mum for her shoulder replacement op tomorrow (after a 2.5 year wait, in great pain) and I'll have everything crossed. 

Can't tell him anything mate.

He'll be absolutely gutted Pattaya and the bar scene are thriving after all his doom....... love it!

Edited by HashBrownHarry

2 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

How would your old mum get a shoulder replacement in Thailand?  How much would it cost here?  How many Thai's will kill for the NHS here?

You do realize there is a global pandemic and some procedures that may have been performed soon after diagnosis pre covid, had to wait until covid was manageable.   

6 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Can you show me where i said that, thanks.

Standing by......lol

"My old mother needs hearing aids, been waiting more than a year.... good health care system, you reckon?"

Obviously, YOU reckon not.  

9 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Can't tell him anything mate.

He'll be absolutely gutted Pattaya and the bar scene are thriving after all his doom....... love it!

"Thriving"  - really?

You are not even in Pattaya, Harry.  Jog on.  

Edited by Leaver
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Leaver said:

How would your old mum get a shoulder replacement in Thailand?  How much would it cost here?  How many Thai's will kill for the NHS here?

You do realize there is a global pandemic and some procedures that may have been performed soon after diagnosis pre covid, had to wait until covid was manageable.   

I was responding to your suggestion that those in hospital with a sever reaction to Covid stand a better chance in the NHS. I disagree with that. The NHS system is so disjointed and awash arrogant consultants and poor managers, a lot of mistakes are made. I know this from personal experience - 2 unnecessary deaths of people close to me. Both proved to be through negligence. 

Most hospitals (and GP surgeries) in the UK have been putting off diagnosis and treatments with the excuse of Covid - and this will come back to bite them. Thankfully the Covid blinkers are starting to come off now. 

10 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

I was responding to your suggestion that those in hospital with a sever reaction to Covid stand a better chance in the NHS. I disagree with that. The NHS system is so disjointed and awash arrogant consultants and poor managers, a lot of mistakes are made. I know this from personal experience - 2 unnecessary deaths of people close to me. Both proved to be through negligence. 

Most hospitals (and GP surgeries) in the UK have been putting off diagnosis and treatments with the excuse of Covid - and this will come back to bite them. Thankfully the Covid blinkers are starting to come off now. 

So the NHS is no good for covid treatment, but fine for a shoulder replacement.  ????

I never said the NHS was perfect, just better than most.  

On 1/17/2022 at 6:46 PM, aussiexpat said:

I've been in Patts 3 days now and it seems to me that Russians are the worst for masks. They either don't wear them at all or have them as a chin guard. Some other nationalities seem to think covering the mouth is all that's required. Here's a tip, if your nose is exposed over a mask it highlights this feature which is not pretty in most cases. I'm already sick of seeing ugly noses I wouldn't have even noticed before lol

In summary, it's Thailand law so wear it, who cares if you think it's crazy or you need to be a rebel. I don't want to see ugly noses anymore ????

So I guess you can speak Russian how else would you know?

On 1/21/2022 at 10:53 PM, Leaver said:

Different countries are at different stages in relation to vaccinating their population.

Whilst Omricon is now the dominant variant, Delta didn't go away.  Plenty of Delta still out there.

As other countries catch up to the UK, they will open up as well.  However, some may decide to wait a while and see what new variant mutates from the countries that have opened up.  

IMO the people and economy destroying lockdowns didn't work very well, and the only reason they are still being used in some countries is IMO because certain politicians love the power they have while lockdowns or equivalent are in place.

The British government has, IMO, woken up and accepted reality, and abandoned the IMO misguided policies of the past 17 months. The sooner we all get governments that wake up, the better.

However, it won't be good for those that love telling other people what to do. Imagine, they won't be able to pontificate about people that won't vaccinate or wear masks any more, if it's not official policy.

• Like 1