Pattaya is a high risk place to visit with all the old self entitled retiree's walking around with no masks on.

davidst01

7 minutes ago, LA8RAT said:

I'd still feel safe in your company jacko.. Pretty sure I've had the original version once and I'm still here bud. 

I see it is being claimed omicron has already peaked in the UK...  (per Dr John Campbell)..... I am feeling optimistic.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tomyami said:

how long do u want to live and should everyone lock themselves in parmently to allow you freed up hospitals in case you need? it is blind selfishness to ask this after 2 years on and vaccinations, you lived let others......

When you catch covid, and you will catch it, like we all will, should your body have a bad reaction to it, to the point of needing hospitalization, perhaps even ICU, and maybe even a ventilator, it would be good to know these are available, and you are not turned away from overflowing hospitals to go home and die. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Has this been an issue in the last 2 years?

I remember reading about it being a potential problem but don't beleive it ever happened.

There's been some clusters and some outbreaks over the last 2 years, but we are entering a period where the virus is being allowed to spread with little to no containment.  At some point in time, this had to happen, but I think we will soon see the Thai medical system being tested for capacity. 

2 hours ago, Leaver said:

There's been some clusters and some outbreaks over the last 2 years, but we are entering a period where the virus is being allowed to spread with little to no containment.  At some point in time, this had to happen, but I think we will soon see the Thai medical system being tested for capacity. 

But the virus now is not as potent and self isolation at home is on tha table now, i disagree with you, things throughout the world are slowly getting better, why would thailand not?

Or are you suggesting they'll be people in hospital car parks due to lack of bed space?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

But the virus now is not as potent

Delta didn't just disappear.  

4 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Or are you suggesting they'll be people in hospital car parks due to lack of bed space?

No, but maybe field hospitals.  

14 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Delta didn't just disappear. 

It's gone now though ( mostly ), right?

14 minutes ago, Leaver said:

No, but maybe field hospitals. 

Are you suggesting field hospitels will be over flowing?? Really?

Most people i know that get symptoms and even bother to take a test ( many don't ) just stay at home for a few days then test then carry on with life. Are you suggesting if you do a home test you should notify authorities and rock up to a 'filed hospitel'?

Really??

Wow...

"Pattaya is a high risk place to visit with all the old self entitled retiree's walking around with no masks on".

It's only high risk for you if you're not wearing a mask, don't worry about others!    And that's assuming that masks have any preventative qualities at all. 

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

It's gone now though ( mostly ), right?

Link please?

28 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Most people i know that get symptoms and even bother to take a test ( many don't ) just stay at home for a few days then test then carry on with life.

Most people is not all people.

Do the maths.  Thailand has 70 million people.  Only a few percent need to still get very sick from covid, despite being vaccinated, and there's the hospitals full.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leaver said:

Link please?

Watch the news, find your own info.

Do the maths.  Thailand has 70 million people.  Only a few percent need to still get very sick from covid, despite being vaccinated, and there's the hospitals full.  

I will ask again, did you see the hospitals overwhelmed up until this point throughout the last two years, it's YES or NO, not hard..... 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Watch the news, find your own info.

No news to see on Delta disappearing.

Where do you think it went?

15 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

did you see the hospitals overwhelmed up until this point throughout the last two years,

No, but read my post again, this is a new situation.  

Where do you think it went?

Don't know and don't care, it's a mute subject.

No, but read my post again, this is a new situation. 

Not really that new is it, what about 2 months now?

They said before xmas wait till after NY, what's happened so far, not many hospital admissions and certainly nowhere overwhelmed as you suggest....

Just get on with your life mate, that's what most sensible people are doing now.

On 1/13/2022 at 12:23 PM, davidst01 said:

If you fall into the anti mask category please explain your decision not to wear one. It seems a bit selfish not to wear one around other people in public.

I don't wear a mask when walking in the park for exercise. The reason should be obvious. I prefer not to rebreathe CO2 and water vapour when I'm huffing and puffing.

BUT, the decision was made after observing that most Thai people exercising in the park also don't wear masks. It's good to know I'm in sensible company. The park ranger doesn't mind either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

it's a mute subject.

How so?

Not really that new is it, what about 2 months now?

Why wouldn't things go the same way in Thailand as they are in other countries at the moment?

Just get on with your life mate, that's what most sensible people are doing now.

Of course. 

Simply saying that the freedoms we are current enjoying is reliant on hospital capacity.

9 minutes ago, Leaver said:

How so?

It not a concern anymore, no one speaks about it.

10 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Why wouldn't things go the same way in Thailand as they are in other countries at the moment?

They will, open up with less restrictions, why are you against this happening?

11 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Simply saying that the freedoms we are current enjoying is reliant on hospital capacity.

Nonsense

12 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

It not a concern anymore, no one speaks about it.

Delta is still circulating.  

13 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

They will, open up with less restrictions, why are you against this happening?

No against it.  Just saying, it will cause hospitals to fill up, as we have seen in other countries.

Are you saying Thailand will be different?

Just now, Leaver said:

Delta is still circulating

It's not dominant any longer

it will cause hospitals to fill up

No it won't, what other countries has this happened with Omicron?

The bigger problem has been a lack of medical staff, not amount of beds.

Thailand hospital beds will not fill up, end of conversation.

19 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

It's not dominant any longer

Can you select which strain you will catch?  ????????

No it won't,

Link?

what other countries has this happened with Omicron?

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-new-nightingale-surge-hubs-to-be-set-up-amid-growing-omicron-wave-12505948

We know how Thailand loves its "hubs."  Perhaps Thailand will make a surge hub also.  ????  

Edited by Leaver

Can you select which strain you will catch?

Well logic tells you it will be the dominant one, right? which most people recover withing 3-5 days if they even realise they have it.

2 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Link?

What about a link from you saying it will?? yeah thought so.

You're sky news links is from more than 2 weeks ago, were these new nitingale wards needed? yeah did n't think so.

Best thing you could do is go meet your mate Phil and speak to him about it, sounds like a top bloke - lol. That's right, you're one of these bloke that packs a woody claiming to know bar owners, forgot that....

3 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Well logic tells you it will be the dominant one, right? which most people recover withing 3-5 days if they even realise they have it.

We are not talking about the "most people."  We are talking about the few percent that either Omricon or Delta make really sick, and with 70 million people, just a small percent of really sick people from whatever variant, will put pressure on their medical system here.

4 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

What about a link from you saying it will??

See previous post for link.

I said, in the next few weeks, not in the present.

6 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Best thing you could do is go meet your mate Phil and speak to him about it, sounds like a top bloke - lol.

Phil survived it.  The facts are, not everyone survives it, or are you claiming a 100% recovery rate from covid.  ????

7 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

That's right, you're one of these bloke that packs a woody claiming to know bar owners, forgot that....

No need to get personal, Harry.    It's just some internet banter.  

On 1/13/2022 at 3:37 PM, SAFETY FIRST said:

I see the opposite in Pattaya, the retirees using masks but the tourists not.

I travel regularly between Jomtien and Pattaya seeing most of the expat retirees using masks.

How do you tell the difference between expat retirees and tourists?

• Like 1

On 1/13/2022 at 9:33 PM, Yewbzee said:

There is also medical information that suggests the main reason the masks can be beneficial is that they prevent people from touching their mouths and noses which cuts off the main transmission route of the virus ie touching contaminated surfaces and then touching lips or nostrils, people do it all the time without even being aware most of the time. The effectiveness on airborne particles is minimal if a

On 1/13/2022 at 6:37 PM, LittleBear57 said:

Mask wearing amongst east Asian countries is high compared to Europe and the US and I believe it is one of the reasons why infections and death is lower. 

East Asian countries also have a lot less old, fat people who require medication on a daily basis to stay alive in the first place. 

Edited by Ryan754326

On 1/13/2022 at 11:25 PM, chilly07 said:

Unbelievably stupid not to wear a mask with Omicron everywhere. But then unbelievably stupid to ride a motorcycle without a helmet and yet young and elderly expats can be seen everywhere in Pattaya

Thais ride around drunk with 3 adults on a scooter, no helmets on any of them, but they’re the smart ones because all of them have their masks on like they’re supposed to. 

I pointed this out to a friend of mine, and she laughed, and said she’d been riding motorbikes since she was a young girl. No problem, but covid very scary.