Pattaya is a high risk place to visit with all the old self entitled retiree's walking around with no masks on.

davidst01

46 minutes ago, TropicalGuy said:

Common Masks Provide Insufficient or No Medical Benefit. Massively Political,Anti Social & Inconvenient. Mask Quality Control Impossible outside Hospitals.
Obvious Conclusion Ditch All Compulsory Mask Wearing outside Medical Facilities. 

Yes I understand  your rant the content  of which has been pervasive for over a year. But there are plenty of studies from all over the  world which refute  what you say. You can believe  what you want. But please don't think your individual  beliefs forged in the  hot house of Facebook  and you tube forums  are more important  than our beliefs. Just obey the rules, laws and societal conventions as recommended  by Drs, scientists and medical  workers while you are here in Thailand.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jan/13/my-bile-rises-as-im-asked-to-move-my-dying-cancer-patient-out-of-icu-to-make-room-for-an-unvaccinated-man-with-covid

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 1/13/2022 at 6:13 AM, scubascuba3 said:

i wear a mask to follow the rules but most of us know it's a waste of time and makes little difference especially outside. Vaccines on the other hand were a game changer

Try wood working or rubbing down plaster with and without a mask and see if the mask makes a difference then. Just because cannot see it doesn’t mean it not helping. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jcmj said:

I though the whole reason for vaccinations was so that you would be protected from the virus. So why are you worried about those who don't? If they get it, it's their fault.  We all know this is not a vaccine as it has not stopped the virus in those vaccinated it's a shot that you get like for the flu. 

No vaccines are 100% effective they are all just shots to protect and the more people that have a shot the more protected the population becomes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Yes I understand  your rant the content  of which has been pervasive for over a year. But there are plenty of studies from all over the  world which refute  what you say. You can believe  what you want. But please don't think your individual  beliefs forged in the  hot house of Facebook  and you tube forums  are more important  than our beliefs. Just obey the rules, laws and societal conventions as recommended  by Drs, scientists and medical  workers while you are here in Thailand.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jan/13/my-bile-rises-as-im-asked-to-move-my-dying-cancer-patient-out-of-icu-to-make-room-for-an-unvaccinated-man-with-covid

I know it’s true coz I saw it on TV

One of the saddest things about this pandemic is seeing these kind of topics being raised, and all the bickering that follows. 

I wear a mask whenever required, and I've had all the jabs. But I don't don't get all worked up about what other people are choosing to do. Frankly I don't even notice if other people are masked up or not. 

Hopefully Omicron is the beginning of the end of the pandemic. But I do wonder about the long term effects for the more sensitive people among us. I.e. will they ever be able to live normally again. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Will B Good said:

No vaccines are 100% effective they are all just shots to protect and the more people that have a shot the more protected the population becomes.

You can vaccinate 100% of the population, but if the vaccine/s are only 95% efficient, then 5% of the population are still going to get sick, and a percent of that 5% are still going to die.

These are the stats that many countries in the world are starting to face, including Thailand.

It's now all about hospital beds and medical care.  

Does Thailand have enough ICU beds and ventilators to open up? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

One of the saddest things about this pandemic is seeing these kind of topics being raised, and all the bickering that follows. 

This has been going on forever.  It has nothing directly to do with the pandemic, it just gives some people an extra topic to bash other foreigners over.  (Notice they always add an insult and never complain when Thais do the same.)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ExpatDraco said:

I had Omikron, so I can stop wearing that ridicules mask now? BTW: I had far worse colds than that so called 'killer virus'.

You wear the mask to protect others!
And even when you had it, this not mean you can't become it again.

And so far I understood, for many omicron is really only like a cold, but for some it's much more. only because you had no problem not mean everybody is the same.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Leaver said:

You can vaccinate 100% of the population, but if the vaccine/s are only 95% efficient, then 5% of the population are still going to get sick, and a percent of that 5% are still going to die.

These are the stats that many countries in the world are starting to face, including Thailand.

It's now all about hospital beds and medical care.  

Does Thailand have enough ICU beds and ventilators to open up? 

how long do u want to live and should everyone lock themselves in parmently to allow you freed up hospitals in case you need? it is blind selfishness to ask this after 2 years on and vaccinations, you lived let others......

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

I'd have thought a bit of bickering was quite low down the list when one looks at how governments all over the world have at best mishandled the situation and at worst taken full advantage of the situation to push other agenda. The needless lockdowns leading to mental health problems domestic abuse old people dieing alone and lonely.

Normal health care put on hold leaving people with treatable conditions on a lengthy waiting list as their condition turns to untreatable. 

Big pharma making billions out of products that are starting to appear less effective than the hype made them seem. All the while being free of any financial comeback if it all goes horribly wrong. 

The list is a long one.. Bickering is not high on it. 

17 hours ago, Harveyboy said:

same here but we ate at a restaurant the other afternoon of course no masks place fairly crowded..but for an hour sitting there no mask ..then in the afternoon im out on my motorcycle 70..90 km an hour but have to wear a mask.....if it cant get me sitting still how the hell can it get me on a bike .. stupidity at its best

Actually I would recommend replacing ones mask when done eating.... or service comes by. You likely will have no issue not wearing a mask on the motorcycle, that fact is hidden under a helmet too I suspect. Just on the back of a WIN maybe. 

Just now, LA8RAT said:

No it means I know a few things about masks. 

You'd be welcome in my containment in your n95 jacko.. I'll stick to a respirator thanks

Yeah, and asbestos removal.... .

I presume these are positive pressure masks you describe, I also suspect they release unfiltered air when one breathes out... via a valve, making them useless and irrelevant when considering the spread of a virus.. so no I will not be using one of those. 

over pressure aspect was important because air blew out of any leaks between mask and skin so stopping contamination from entering the mask. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yeah, and asbestos removal.... .

I presume these are positive pressure masks you describe, I also suspect they release unfiltered air when one breathes out... via a valve, making them useless and irrelevant when considering the spread of a virus.. so no I will not be using one of those. 

Can't actually remember where the exhaled air came out.. The important part was it was charged up and a new filter every shift. 

Your vaxed jacko you won't catch it to spread it chill my friend. 

I'd happily spend time with you mask less in a crowded gogo and feel totally safe in your company. Hell you can even sit on my knee ????

Edited by LA8RAT

9 minutes ago, LA8RAT said:

Your vaxed jacko you won't catch it to spread it chill my friend. 

Again this is an erroneous statement... vaxed people do get infected and can become spreaders..... vaccinations protect against serious infections...  I suspect the efficacy of my 4 month old vaccinations has waned now, particularly against omicron. 

43 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Again this is an erroneous statement... vaxed people do get infected and can become spreaders..... vaccinations protect against serious infections...  I suspect the efficacy of my 4 month old vaccinations has waned now, particularly against omicron. 

I'd still feel safe in your company jacko.. Pretty sure I've had the original version once and I'm still here bud.