Our Solar Install

2 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Nice find thx, but unfortunately not on the PEA list!

Why does it need to be on the PEA list?

I didn't think you wanted to feed back into the grid.

With all the extra expense of PEA approval and approved fitters.

If you are using batteries there's no point in exporting at 2bht and buying back at 4bht.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

This is about the best deal I can find on Hybrid inverters at the moment, sold under several labels (Y&H).

Not too expensive at 16Kbht.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i2226480952-s9185383861.html

Unlike the Growatt units these are OFF-GRID hybrids so he will need enough oomph to supply his peak load. Also they don't appear to be parallelable (is that even a word?).

Of course since they are off-grid they don't need to be on the PEA list of approvals.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Why does it need to be on the PEA list?

I didn't think you wanted to feed back into the grid.

With all the extra expense of PEA approval and approved fitters.

If you are using batteries there's no point in exporting at 2bht and buying back at 4bht.

I can't Feed Back in the grid, but just in case I want to go the Smart Meter route (which I don't at the moment) I don't want to change the Inverters because they are NOT Complaint.

So IMHO it's better to start to be complaint from the start instead of spending * amount again to become complaint in the future!

1 hour ago, MJCM said:

I can't Feed Back in the grid, but just in case I want to go the Smart Meter route (which I don't at the moment) I don't want to change the Inverters because they are NOT Complaint.

As far as I know, if you want to go 'smart meter' it needs to be installed by a PEA approved installer with PEA approved equipment right from the start. So your initial expense is going to be maxed out right from the start.

I'd use one of these and just use it to power all my low power devices.

(lighting & sockets)

Leaving the individually fused devices on the grid.

(air-con & showers)

In Thailand it would be more practical to heat the shower water from a solar tank.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1194666-solar-water-heater/

solar tank.jpg

Edited by BritManToo

13 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

In Thailand it would be more practical to heat the shower water from a solar tank.

I agree, but to change to heat water from a Solar tank would a be a drastic undertaking. Tiles, Roof etc etc etc etc

We wanted to initially to go for a Gas Water Heater (Mazuma) but because we build our current House during the Height of the 2020 Covid rules that wasn't a possibility  so we settled for the 6kW Electric one.

We were glad now that we could finish to build this house back then! So regrets many but not much we can do about it!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Why can't you stand it on the ground?

https://www.eco-solaris.com/solar-water-heating-thailand

Thx!!

Could do, but it just can NOT be placed right outside of the bathroom wall!

Could place it in the field (same as where we want to place the Panels) but that is 30++ meters (straight line from the Bathroom).

But still would involve a lot of work (removing tiles, putting in a new Mixed tap etc), but will investigate!

19 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Could place it in the field (same as where we want to place the Panels) but that is 30++ meters (straight line from the Bathroom).

You and your wife would then need to anticipate a five minute wait for the hot water to reach you. 

Mine's the same.

• Like 1

I'm envisaging something like this (single-line diagram).

To keep the concept simple I've left off the UPS output from the inverters for now.

The second inverter and associated strings are optional / future as budget allows. 

933758490_MJCMSolar1.thumb.jpg.9732db4a51dfe44f556b3b86e5bc3ad2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1