Thailand to Impose Tourism Fee from April

snoop1130

fe2bb597577974aa4dc689670422984b-768x512.jpg

BANGKOK, Jan 13 (TNA) – Thailand is planning to collect a 300-baht entry fee from foreign tourists from April.

The fee will be used to develop tourist attractions, upgrade tourism infrastructure and fund accident insurance for visitors, said government spokesman Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana.

The new fee will be added to air ticket prices from April.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-861138

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright TNA 2022-01-13

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

So if my wife and I book to tickets to Thailand through say 'skyscanner' her ticket will be 300 baht cheaper than mine? I have a feeling Thais as well will be paying this extra as well. There will be no difference in price. 

Edited by jonclark
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think re-entry permit holders should be exempt from this 300 baht tax. They probably already paid 1000 baht for the re-entry permit. 

I'd suggest they make some more of those 12th century stone monuments. Let the Burmese in to do some more of that work. Maybe a couple more mountains and a few hot spings too.

6 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

I think re-entry permit holders should be exempt from this 300 baht tax. They probably already paid 1000 baht for the re-entry permit. 

And boom... we now have an idea where this new charge can be applied!????

You keep thinking that 'Tourists' have no brains,like a price for locals and a price for 'Farangs' as is with National Parks etc.all you do is 'Gouge' tourists for money and one of the reasons I now go to Vietnam,Malaysia or Cambodia, I wouldn't do it now as you haven't got any tourists coming as it is

I seem to remember, some years ago, a tourist tax had to be paid entering the country, 500 baht.

Later the 500 were incorporated in the price of the ticket.

And now another 300 baht tourist tax?

Well done Thailand, exactly what tourism needs.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hansnl said:

I seem to remember, some years ago, a tourist tax had to be paid entering the country, 500 baht.

Later the 500 were incorporated in the price of the ticket.

And now another 300 baht tourist tax?

Well done Thailand, exactly what tourism needs.

...'twas already up to 700 if not 750 last time I looked at an actual ticket in 2019 ...

• Like 1