#1 reason to own a Benz

pedro01

32 minutes ago, Maha Sarakham said:

I had to spend $3000 for a service and to get the passenger side window replaced at the dealership.  Promptly traded it in and got out of BMW's after that. 

Fun car to drive but not worth the money once it starts needing heavier maintenance.

Service is free on the Beemer. The Benz is usually 10-15,000 Baht a service here.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, In Full Agreement said:

If you buy a Lexus, you'll have reliability, comfort and luxury for a lower price than a benz.

Lexus are waaay more expensive than Benz here.

Edited by pedro01
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

It's like being an F1 driver - I just see this flatbed driver as part of my pit team.

I agree - I spent 2 months earnings on that BMW - imagine spending a whole two months earnings on a car! Absolutely crazy!

Your had work has paid off … it cost me over a years pension to pay for my Benz … and Cristian’s E63 is coming my way when he leaves … so forget it ????

1 hour ago, pedro01 said:

Cause the BMW will end up in the shop at some point...

20220113_203854.thumb.jpg.da5964dbef2e37b46720456319584294.jpg20220113_203845.thumb.jpg.56da7f59600c28bba4e51994f1fac27e.jpg

gotta love those Germans

What was the reason that the BMW was on the transporter, do you know?  Brand new vehicles are moved around like that frequently, including Mercs!

Mercs are German cars also, you know.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

19 minutes ago, In Full Agreement said:

If you buy a Lexus, you'll have reliability, comfort and luxury for a lower price than a benz.

Yes… definitely cheaper and more reliable… but there it ends…

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

Your had work has paid off … it cost me over a years pension to pay for my Benz … and Cristian’s E63 is coming my way when he leaves … so forget it ????

If you are a pensioner I hope it is an old man's Benz and not a nice sporty one like us younger lads should be driving.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

lol - if there's anything left of it... ????

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Really?  Want to quote some comparable new prices?

I don't have anything other than that I look at Lexus as an option when I buy a car and they are way more expensive - I think last time was July last year.

I would guess it's partly the import taxes

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

What was wrong with it?

Brakes - squealing like a Banshee - I presume something got between the pads and disks - I was at ABAC Bang Na when it started, got back to Krungthep Krita Area with it screaming - and so whatever it was didn't get ground down. 

1 minute ago, pedro01 said:
3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The LS range is cheaper than the S Class range in Thailand?  Really?

The IS range is significantly cheaper than the 3 Series range?  Really?

The ES range is cheaper than the 5 Series range?  Really?

Expand  

https://www.lexus.co.th/en/price-and-model-tools/price-list.html

We can all google Lexus prices but on their own they mean nothing as a comparison with BMWs which was the point.   I was asking the posters who claimed that Lexus were much cheaper than comparable BMWs for the prices that would prove that.

19 minutes ago, digbeth said:

Both BMW and Benzes are just equally unreliable, looking at how much Lexus charges extra over both European brands here, I'd say reliability has its price

Benzes are waaaaaay more reliable than BMW - that's why I always keep a spare.

With Lexus - they are imported whereas BMW/Merc are assembled here. So the bigger sticker price is likely to be the tax.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pedro01 said:
19 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Forever?  Don't think so.

No Lou, not forever mate. PMSL....

Well, obviously, I know that, that was the point of my comment! As a generalisation, when comparing BMW with Lexus it's incorrect to say that "BMW services are free". some are, at some stage, perhaps.

• Thanks 1

When i was younger i used to own a Benz,very nice car.

I thought the number one reason to have one would be to pick up chicks(i was a lot younger)

Turns out ,it does not help at all.

I was talking to a girl and she asked me what kind of car i drove,i said "a blue one"

She walked away.

• Haha 2