Best Instant Coffee In Thailand

2 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

3 in 1 are garbage full of sugar and powered creamer with little coffee.

This is Nescafe 3 in 1:

Sugar, Glucose Syrup, Hardened Palm Oil, Instant Coffee 7.9%, Caramelized Sugar, Stabilizers, Milk Proteins, Salt, Maltodextrin, Emulsifier, And Natural And artificial ingredients.

Terrible taste and bad for your health.

The Moccona is a decent choice.

Moccona 3 in 1 is the one I like best. Nescafe, Birdie, not really for me.

• Like 1

Moccona Select has been my favorite since meeting the wife in 1969 and still prefer to more expensive instants.  

The jars however are a clear and present danger before having your first cup of coffee - pinched my fingers in them countless times so buy bags and put contents into a normal screw top empty coffee jar these days.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Pity it's 2in1 or 3in1 how about 1in1

Us my link above - these are microground coffee (not instant) but so fine they dissolve in hot water so no brewing required but they also have just coffee of several types available.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

There are probably better instant coffees out there, but as someone who likes their coffee straight, black and strong, I've found Nescafe red cup to be perfectly acceptable and also widely available in either pouches or single-serve sachets.

image.jpeg.c39ba4ebfe11c98d623f63a399fec19a.jpeg

Thai Kios Product Review: Nescafe red cup

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
On 2/4/2022 at 2:38 AM, ChrisP24 said:

There are probably better instant coffees out there, but as someone who likes their coffee straight, black and strong, I've found Nescafe red cup to be perfectly acceptable and also widely available in either pouches or single-serve sachets.

image.jpeg.c39ba4ebfe11c98d623f63a399fec19a.jpeg

Thai Kios Product Review: Nescafe red cup

I agree, but prefer to buy the bigger jars and refill packs.

Edited by BritManToo

On 1/17/2022 at 8:29 AM, KhunLA said:

Moccona 3/1 Espresso ... more than enough sugar & cream ... taste like a crappy cappuccino.  But best out there.  Nescafe being the most vile thing one can drink.

image.png.64acecb613eaec057ef0fa1589387a58.png

"Nescafe being the most vile thing one can drink." - Any particular reason for this?

On 1/19/2022 at 6:17 PM, bkk6060 said:

3 in 1 are garbage full of sugar and powdered creamer with little coffee.

This is Nescafe 3 in 1:

Sugar, Glucose Syrup, Hardened Palm Oil, Instant Coffee 7.9%, Caramelized Sugar, Stabilizers, Milk Proteins, Salt, Maltodextrin, Emulsifier, And Natural And artificial ingredients.

Terrible taste and bad for your health.

The Maccona is a decent choice.

Yes,  3 in 1's are a big no no for me too.

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

I've given up on instant coffee, moved to a Moka Pot, only 100+ baht on Lazada. Surprisingly good, much better than instant

Why would it surprise you that making coffee fresh is much better than instant chemical coffee product? 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

i tried plungers, very average result, moka pot uses steam pressure. Advantage of instant is speed and it's consistent

to each their own, but it takes the same amount of time to boil the water and 2 mins to let it steep, in that 2 mins coffee is too hot to drink anyhow.

51 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

to each their own, but it takes the same amount of time to boil the water and 2 mins to let it steep, in that 2 mins coffee is too hot to drink anyhow.

I'm comparing my instant coffee vs mokapot, mokapot takes longer by a few mins, put on hob, heat on low, takes time, plus the mess of ground coffee after. I definitely prefer ground coffee using mokapot but sometimes like this morning i wanted a quick instant coffee with no faff

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

i tried plungers, very average result, moka pot uses steam pressure. Advantage of instant is speed and it's consistent

Started with drip pot machine (Mr Coffee), then went to the plastic drip funnel w/filter over cup thingy, more for traveling.

Now at house, have coffee machine, only advantage is crema.  Have French Press, Moka pot, and now actually back to using drip funnel w/filter over coffee cup, though upgraded to Stainless Steel ????

Find it get the best results/control with the SS funnel over cup.

On the Moka Pot, suggest you get a Stainless Steel one vs the aluminum one (having both), as the metallic taste, though slight, does come through.