Walk-behind tractor recommendation (with rotary cultivator attachment)

CLW

Can anyone recommend a particular brand or model?

It is (for me) not easy to find brand name models such as Honda or Mitsubishi. Why is that?

Most tools I've found are toys or just suited for rice field work such as ploughing or level the soil.

For example Kubota seems to have a walk behind tractor but not selling any attachments...

I am looking for something like this:

agria.PNG

honda.PNG

This has come up before ,have a look at TV's archive,I know  I said ,and think it was Dr T,that walk behind cultivators are all right on light land ,that will give you a fair tilth ,but on heavier land they will have they work cut out ,and condition have to be right,if it is to wet it will be like working in porridge ,to dry they will just bounce all over the place ,and they will not do their job .

For the cost of one is they a local farmer with a tractor and rotavator ,probably a rice one ,that can do the job for you should be no more than 200 baht? rie plus a bottle of lao khow .

I would say finding the main brand names not easy because of the cost ,they would be imported,which would mean an import tax, and not many farmers use one, you could look at a Chinese one no import tax ,but being Chinese ,I would doubt the quality.

Slim chance, a second hand import from Japan may be available ,a job for Google.       

4 hours ago, farmerjo said:

I can't identify the brand name on side.

If you can get a Thai to ask in the comments section you should get a reply.

You will most likely need the walking tractor to disc or mulboard plough prior to rotovating.

Or this one.

https://www.truck2hand.com/listing/6YRO3MXZR5/

Thanks, looks like a Kubota engine and frame to me. Probably the attachments can be found at local dealers. 

The second hand machine (a Yanmar brand) looks nice and price is reasonable. 

My worries are about getting spare parts in case a maintenance.

18 hours ago, kickstart said:

This has come up before ,have a look at TV's archive,I know  I said ,and think it was Dr T,that walk behind cultivators are all right on light land ,that will give you a fair tilth ,but on heavier land they will have they work cut out ,and condition have to be right,if it is to wet it will be like working in porridge ,to dry they will just bounce all over the place ,and they will not do their job .

For the cost of one is they a local farmer with a tractor and rotavator ,probably a rice one ,that can do the job for you should be no more than 200 baht? rie plus a bottle of lao khow .

I would say finding the main brand names not easy because of the cost ,they would be imported,which would mean an import tax, and not many farmers use one, you could look at a Chinese one no import tax ,but being Chinese ,I would doubt the quality.

Slim chance, a second hand import from Japan may be available ,a job for Google.       

You're right, most of these machines are just scratching on the surface. Especially when you look at all the YouTube videos. The tiller attachment is set far too hight. Just shaking my head when I see it. It's waste of time and gasoline to work the soil like this, but this is the Thai way....

Outsourcing the heavy soil work already to local farmers with tractor. Problem is reliability and if you don't supervise it, the correct way of doing it. 

Anyway, we can't afford and also justify a own tractor for just 5 Rai. 

The small rotavator will be used for seedbed preparation and bed making. 

End of this month is Kaset AG fair at KU Bangkhen. I will have a look there and collect some brochures. 

Also going through my archives at home. I remember there were a couple of local dealers selling Yanmar or Mitsubishi walking tractors.

• Like 1

Thanks FJ for the video ,it does the job well ,as CLW said that looks like a Kubota,engine ,the Kwie Lec could be another make .

I would say it was made  in Thailand,if it was spear parts should not be a problem, things like this would be made from parts off the shelf .

Have a look at Thai FB,it could well be on there. 

• Thanks 2

On 1/23/2022 at 8:35 PM, kickstart said:

I would say you were thinking of Kubota tractors ,even a half decent second hand one could be 200k baht plus .

This photo I took a while ago ,our local tractor dealer ,has a lot of second hand imports from Japan,most have very few hours on the clock , but age is against them ,a lot come over with Rotavators on the back ,which then gets taken off ,not over certain but one with a Rotavator ,could be brought for 100k baht.

I brought a Hino 184 it does the job cost me 72 000 baht ,when we first got it was used on an irrigation pump ,not a lot of problems ,clutch trust bearing seized ,locale guy fixed that 1000 baht,a couple of battery's ,and a rebuilt water pump.

Not certain what a walk behind tractor with a Rotavator would cost ,a small tractor would cost a bit more ,and then you would have a  tractor for other uses .

RIMG0602.JPG

Thanks for the idea. They look quite decent. Might worth a try looking around.